Citi

Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

Cyber Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2014.

Was contacted by an HR supervisor to schedule an interview about one or two weeks after I had submitted my resume on their online application system. Was given a specific location, but not the building number, so I was left guessing as to which building my interview was at. Eventually called security to find out where I was supposed to go. I also called the HR representative which scheduled the interview and she did not return my call.

The interview itself went well. Everyone was professional and polite, though occasionally I found myself trailing behind the supervisor/interviewer while he talked to an HR representative which was very awkward for me. In total, I met with one analyst, one supervisor, and two executives, and one HR representative. The HR representative seemed very clueless as to what kind of application the team was looking for.

I felt everything had gone quite well, though this was a technical position and there was no technical Q&A session which was extremely odd. They emphasized that they were looking to bring a recent college graduate onto their team and train that person from the ground up (too good to be true).

I did not receive any further communication from Citi after leaving the interviewer despite the HR representative stating that I should hear a definitive answer within "a few days" or "two to three weeks". My telephone call and email inquiries were not returned.

Build Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Citi in September 2014.

Applied online and contacted by HR. They schedule a phone interview with hiring manager. During the phone interview the manager said he wants to hire me and he is so happy that he finally found someone with good communication skill. He is a Chinese and it sounded like the folks under him don't have that much communication skill. He also mentioned that there will be an in-person interview after a week to meet his boss, his peer and another lady from QA
    When I went there for in-person interview his boss didn't even shake hands and gave me a feeling that he didn't care. Asked some questions, answered them. Met with two other folks also.
    I sent a thank you note, followed-up with the hiring manager a week later. Here is the reply I got from him " I did not receive positive feedback from others as your technical skillset / experience did not fit strongly for the Build Manager position. If there are any other opportunities in the future, I will keep you in mind. "
    Well thing is those two folks are North Indian who speaks Hindi, I am a south Indian Christian, well they don't hire us. We are minority and this is what happens in India. It happens in US too.
    Well North Indians can get away with what they are doing because they can say like we speak Gujarati etc...All the North Indian languages are same like Hindi.
    75% of the Citi workers are from India who speaks particular language. They prepare their language folks for the interview by telling them what kind of question they are going to ask during interview etc…even if Americans involved in the process.
    One Hindi person will bring in another 100 Hindi person whether they are qualified or not and they will be trained at work in their language for hours together. Why at least half of these positions were not given to American?
    Well IT is sold out for particular group of people...

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interviewed by 4 SVP and Project manager for 3 hrs, Question on project management, tech Architecture, Technology, Some physics problem, some risk analysis question

Interview Questions
    • Hiring Manager was asked me question, and didn't listen to the answer, comes back again ask something, then start talking over phone   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Basic computer science fundamentals, algorithms and JAVA/C++ questions. 5 rounds of interview for FT

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Questions about the experience, projects, technologies, situations.

Not much room to negotiate

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Phone interview and face to face interview

Why Citigroup? Questions on recent news

Interview Questions
    • More focused HR questions. Very few technical questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in April 2013.

The first round was telephonic followed by a Face to face round. It took Citi about two weeks to set up the location and time of the interview. While the position is in Warren, NJ the face to face took place in NY.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. The hiring manager did indicate that he is hiring for a few open roles but I did not expect them to take forever! It has been one month since my first round and I dont have an answer yet on the result! This is extremely unjust to the candidate   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

The team is not diverse. The person interviewed me didn't show much respect to people. He even laughed at me not remembering some technical detail.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2010.

1st Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPs, One Associate
    2nd Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPS (different), One SVP
    All Questions Were Behavioral, save for one or two accounting related questions. Accounting questions were very basic, i.e. how does net income show up on Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow Statement.

No Negotiation.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interviewed with one of the biggest racist and liars I ever met. I had an interview with this person I wish I remembered his name. It was for a PM role for 'the biggest banking project ever' as he described it. I interviewed with him, he said he would call his Director to speak to me. Two minutes later he returned and said she was not available and that he would setup a second interview. Next thing I know I get a call from the recruiter stating they are not interested.