Citi Interview Questions in New Jersey

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Cyber Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR supervisor to schedule an interview about one or two weeks after I had submitted my resume on their online application system. Was given a specific location, but not the building number, so I was left guessing as to which building my interview was at. Eventually called security to find out where I was supposed to go. I also called the HR representative which scheduled the interview and she did not return my call. The interview itself went well. Everyone was professional and polite, though occasionally I found myself trailing behind the supervisor/interviewer while he talked to an HR representative which was very awkward for me. In total, I met with one analyst, one supervisor, and two executives, and one HR representative. The HR representative seemed very clueless as to what kind of application the team was looking for. I felt everything had gone quite well, though this was a technical position and there was no technical Q&A session which was extremely odd. They emphasized that they were looking to bring a recent college graduate onto their team and train that person from the ground up (too good to be true). I did not receive any further communication from Citi after leaving the interviewer despite the HR representative stating that I should hear a definitive answer within "a few days" or "two to three weeks". My telephone call and email inquiries were not returned.

Build Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by HR. They schedule a phone interview with hiring manager. During the phone interview the manager said he wants to hire me and he is so happy that he finally found someone with good communication skill. He is a Chinese and it sounded like the folks under him don't have that much communication skill. He also mentioned that there will be an in-person interview after a week to meet his boss, his peer and another lady from QA When I went there for in-person interview his boss didn't even shake hands and gave me a feeling that he didn't care. Asked some questions, answered them. Met with two other folks also. I sent a thank you note, followed-up with the hiring manager a week later. Here is the reply I got from him " I did not receive positive feedback from others as your technical skillset / experience did not fit strongly for the Build Manager position. If there are any other opportunities in the future, I will keep you in mind. " Well thing is those two folks are North Indian who speaks Hindi, I am a south Indian Christian, well they don't hire us. We are minority and this is what happens in India. It happens in US too. Well North Indians can get away with what they are doing because they can say like we speak Gujarati etc...All the North Indian languages are same like Hindi. 75% of the Citi workers are from India who speaks particular language. They prepare their language folks for the interview by telling them what kind of question they are going to ask during interview etc…even if Americans involved in the process. One Hindi person will bring in another 100 Hindi person whether they are qualified or not and they will be trained at work in their language for hours together. Why at least half of these positions were not given to American? Well IT is sold out for particular group of people...

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 SVP and Project manager for 3 hrs, Question on project management, tech Architecture, Technology, Some physics problem, some risk analysis question

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager was asked me question, and didn't listen to the answer, comes back again ask something, then start talking over phone   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Basic computer science fundamentals, algorithms and JAVA/C++ questions. 5 rounds of interview for FT

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

One phone screening with a project manager. Followed by an onsite technical interview with senior management. Second on site interview with again senior management, mostly questions on management & leadership related. Very friendly and professional interview. As this is not full time opportunity, no HR personnel was involved.

Interview Questions

• How do you lead your peers? Clock watcher or focus on deliverable!!   Answer Question

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Questions about the experience, projects, technologies, situations.

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview and face to face interview Why Citigroup? Questions on recent news

Interview Questions

• More focused HR questions. Very few technical questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was telephonic followed by a Face to face round. It took Citi about two weeks to set up the location and time of the interview. While the position is in Warren, NJ the face to face took place in NY.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult. The hiring manager did indicate that he is hiring for a few open roles but I did not expect them to take forever! It has been one month since my first round and I dont have an answer yet on the result! This is extremely unjust to the candidate   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Operations Technology Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Rutherford, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Technology Risk management Group and individual Group Managers associated with Operations and Technology risk management reporting. It was an interesting opportunity to work with Citigroup on global risk management issues.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about my experience and job responsibilities in my previous position with HSBC and its predecessor companies. They were interested in my paralegal and government relations background, reviewing and reporting on proposed legislation and regulations affecting credit insurance and debt protection products across the United States.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much take it or leave it. I was happy with the salary offered.

Vice President - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Rutherford, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

I was able to have an interview with the hiring manager however he seemed to be distracted by his email that kept interrupting us during the process which made me feel that either I or the position was not important enough to give his full attention.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a personal conflict with another employee   1 Answer