Citi Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.1

205 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first round interview was a one-on-one technical interview. Calculus and programming questions were asked.

The second round interview was a big day with directors in the fixed income group. They interviewed with me while still doing jobs on their computers. Most problems are math, programming or brain teaser problems. There was also a math test with calculus, linear algbra and logic questions. The math test was very hard.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2014.

I was referred internally and circumvented the normal process. I had a phone interview with the manager which lasted about 30 minutes and covered the normal interview questions. I have transferable skills but no direct BA experience, so we spent some of that time covering the basics of the position. Next was an in person interview with the head of the IT department who asked similar, basic interview questions and meeting with another BA in the department. It was one of the simplest and most straightforward interview processes.

Since we skipped HR (they're usually the first to screen), I had a follow up phone call with HR the following week that last 5 minutes and only consisted of them asking about my current salary and my desired salary. They refused to tell me the level the position was (it was posted internally at the VP level) as well as the salary range for the position so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark.

I waited about 5 weeks for them to make a decision and got a phone call from HR with a verbal offer. . Again they asked me my current salary and required me to provide proof in the form of a pay stub or W2. (I thought that was really weird but I've been told by others that it's standard?) I got a formal, written offer about 4 days later and had to submit to fingerprinting and a drug test before getting cleared for a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. A couple of behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    When asked about my desired salary, I tried to gauge my response by asking them the level of the position and the range budgeted. They flat out refused to tell me the level and the salary range so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark. They offered me the amount I asked for, which seems par for the course based on the other Interview Reviews on Glassdoor. It definitely seems like they are not the negotiating type...

Assistant Vice President - Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through internal HR process - first round included interview with manager and case study, second round included 2 interviews with other managers, and final round was interview with group head

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   View Answer
    None. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in May 2014.

Was reached out to by a recruiter, was interviewed by her initially, then had a phone interview with two people, then had a video conference interview with three people. The whole process went quite smoothly and they were very flexible and willing to work around the schedule of the position I held at the time.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just questions about my technical background (somewhat technical role), no cases   View Answer
    I negotiated a bit and it worked, I had a few other recruiters coming after me so I had leverage

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

The recruiters were clueless and the hiring manager was mean.

Summer Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Received e-mail from HR representative and had phone interview two days later. All basic questions, mostly from resume and transcript.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting questions about my favorite and least favorite school courses, didn't seem to relate at all to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Not hard basic questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Dodd Frank and some of the other regulations in the Financial World?   Answer Question