Citi

144 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online since Citi doesn't recruit directly from my school. I had a phone interview at first which was a customary phone interview where I told with an HR rep. The phone interview were all behavioral questions. I then got invited to the Super Day about a week after that. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each. I mainly got asked some behavioral questions and we went over my resume. Nothing technical but one of them did ask me about my accounting skills. The interviews really aren't that bad, just be confident and pitch yourself well. I got an offer 2 weeks after that and took it. 60K prorated salary & 2K housing stipend.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but two of the interviewers did ask me "Why Citi?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a summer analyst position so it's nonnegotiable

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Not hard basic questions

Interview Question – Tell me about Dodd Frank and some of the other regulations in the Financial World?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I was already working for Citi when I was referred to the hiring manager by a colleague. The hiring manager approached me and talked to me about the role. When I expressed interest in the role, I had to go through the phone screen with the recruiter as a formality -- standard questions were asked, nothing difficult. I had a formal in-person interview with the manager -- the questions that were asked were behavioral and situation in nature. After the interview I was offered the role and accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate; the salary that they offered was much higher than I expected (especially for an internal transfer), so I accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Details – They had a targeted candidates process before an on campus interview. The on campus interview was led by Analyst to Managing Director level bankers. There was 2 back-to-back 20 minute interviews with 2 bankers in each interview. After the interview, the decision making was very quick and there was no superday in New York, we heard back by phone that evening.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, standard M&A, accounting, LBO understanding questions and why you wanted to work for Citi, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Question – What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Hr interview
then a technical round
few skype calls

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Global Costing and Analytics Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – The total interview process took about a month. An HR rep called me and scheduled an initial phone interview. Very basic tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc type questions. Nothing unexpected. The next round I interview with 2 SVP's from the group. The same basic interview technical questions. I was called back and interviewed with 2 additional SVP's from the group. All in all, great interview process, standard. Very infromative

Interview Question – No difficult questions
tell me about an analysis you conducted
how do you feel about work/life balance?
why do you want to work in the banking industry (since I formerly worked in PR)
why do you want to leave your current job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was not negotiable, take it or leave it

Business Object Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interview was a bit tough and tricky

Interview Question – how do you design data model for 3nf   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had an initial interview, then I had a superday with three different people for three 30 minute interviews asking technical, fit, and Citi questions.

Interview Question – Teach me something.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 144 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.