Citi

3.1

206 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Internal promotion process for FMA entails networking with current and former FMAs, completion of application (short answer questions), initial interviews of current FMAs as well as super day of directors and managing directors (4 interviews in total).

Interview Questions
    • Full walk-through of a valuation of a theoretical company   View Answer
    As an internal candidate, there is not any negotiation in terms of salary or role. The FMA program has a set structure. The choices come in the rotations.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

They had a targeted candidates process before an on campus interview. The on campus interview was led by Analyst to Managing Director level bankers. There was 2 back-to-back 20 minute interviews with 2 bankers in each interview. After the interview, the decision making was very quick and there was no superday in New York, we heard back by phone that evening.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions, standard M&A, accounting, LBO understanding questions and why you wanted to work for Citi, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I was contacted by recruiter and was promptly followed by technical phone screen.The technical phone screen consists of combination of basic and programmatically intuitive questions from all the modules in your resume.Be prepared for the tech questions.I was called for inperson interview with in a week.The questions here mostly consists of medium to difficult concepts ranging from Datastructures, understanding of the implementation of the API, Design approach etc

Interview Questions
    • 1.Please give algorithm to sort given nos. from 1 to n, with O(1) binary notation
      2.Explain the internal implementation of hash map.
      3.Caching

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

As part of a small group I knew the hiring manager from a prior job. I met with the business head to whom my hiring manager reported to. The interview with the business head / managing director was conversational but allow each of us dig into the others experiences and objectives. There was also an HR screen which was professionally conducted.

You need to have insight into the HR banding to know the range you are working in.

Data Analyst (Contracted) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Was asked in to the New York Office in Tribeca for an interview. Met with the lady who would be my manager and two of her partners in the RSG. The whole interiew was quick, but structured as a behavioral interview to start and then walking them through the process I would take.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were very run of the mill basic interview questions. The hardest thing is making sure there was enough detail when walking them through the process.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Why Operations? Tell me about some events going on in the market? What are some regulations affecting the way we work in the market?

Interview Questions
    • What is the current value of the Euro? Which countries are involved in the Euro?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I initially found the job posting through my campus career center and submitted a cover letter and resume in early September of my senior year. An alumnus of my college who works at Citi Private Bank came in to the career center in early October and interviewed a few of the applicants, including myself. We didn't get any feedback from the college or Citi until a week after the initial interview when four of us were invited to New York for the final round, which took place two weeks later on a Friday. The following Monday, the HR department got back to us with their decisions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client who ran a company that makes shoelaces and who doesn't know about anything except the shoelace business (i.e. he knows nothing about personal investments), how would you recommend he invest his money and why?   View Answer
    • If you were to get this job and then look back in five or ten years, why wouldn't you think it was a waste of your time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make a standard offer to all of their first-year analysts and it is very much a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Applied through college. Got called for a first round interview. I was told I would be called for a second round but then didn't get called back.

Interview Questions
    • If you haven't studied finance why should I hire you?
      (coming from a liberal arts college we aren't offered finance courses)

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Applied through school careers website. First round was markets based, behavioral (why Citi, why S&T), stock pitch. Similar stuff on Super-day (5 interviews back-to-back). Be ready to defend any of your opinions regarding markets.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is going to happen to the market in the next 5-10 years?
      Pitch me a stock? What is the p/e ratio of the stock? of the S&P 500?
      What is the current condition of the European crisis?
      Price 2 period binomial option (prices and strike given)