Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Costing and Analytics Analyst Interview

Global Costing and Analytics Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – The total interview process took about a month. An HR rep called me and scheduled an initial phone interview. Very basic tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc type questions. Nothing unexpected. The next round I interview with 2 SVP's from the group. The same basic interview technical questions. I was called back and interviewed with 2 additional SVP's from the group. All in all, great interview process, standard. Very infromative

Interview Question – No difficult questions
tell me about an analysis you conducted
how do you feel about work/life balance?
why do you want to work in the banking industry (since I formerly worked in PR)
why do you want to leave your current job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was not negotiable, take it or leave it

Business Object Developer Interview

Business Object Developer
New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interview was a bit tough and tricky

Interview Question – how do you design data model for 3nf   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – Due to my experiance there was just a phone interview

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview Interview

Summer Analyst Interview
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, had an initial interview, then I had a superday with three different people for three 30 minute interviews asking technical, fit, and Citi questions.

Interview Question – Teach me something.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Interview Question – Smart pointers reference counting   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First phone interview: tell me about yourself for 1 min. Then math and computing problems. I think I had a poor line for phone interview, especially those numbers and algorithms. I was really frustrated about that.

Interview Question – Tell me some algorithms about recursion and sequence.
Game theory is about distribution and the second one beat me in addition to the t-distribution.
  View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – First round starts off with 3 phone interviews, followed by the Super Day interview in New York. The Super Day interview consists of a few 1 on 1 interviews and a case study, which includes a written response and a group presentation.

Interview Question – What's your favorite color?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Question – If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interview Details – - Screening hundreds of resumes
- Interview in 20 daily batches
- Invite outstandingg people for a final round
- Send offer