Citi Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter, was interviewed by her initially, then had a phone interview with two people, then had a video conference interview with three people. The whole process went quite smoothly and they were very flexible and willing to work around the schedule of the position I held at the time.

Interview Questions

• None really, just questions about my technical background (somewhat technical role), no cases   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a bit and it worked, I had a few other recruiters coming after me so I had leverage

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiters were clueless and the hiring manager was mean.

Summer Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Received e-mail from HR representative and had phone interview two days later. All basic questions, mostly from resume and transcript.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting questions about my favorite and least favorite school courses, didn't seem to relate at all to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Not hard basic questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Dodd Frank and some of the other regulations in the Financial World?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already working for Citi when I was referred to the hiring manager by a colleague. The hiring manager approached me and talked to me about the role. When I expressed interest in the role, I had to go through the phone screen with the recruiter as a formality -- standard questions were asked, nothing difficult. I had a formal in-person interview with the manager -- the questions that were asked were behavioral and situation in nature. After the interview I was offered the role and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate; the salary that they offered was much higher than I expected (especially for an internal transfer), so I accepted.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Questions

• What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online since Citi doesn't recruit directly from my school. I had a phone interview at first which was a customary phone interview where I told with an HR rep. The phone interview were all behavioral questions. I then got invited to the Super Day about a week after that. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each. I mainly got asked some behavioral questions and we went over my resume. Nothing technical but one of them did ask me about my accounting skills. The interviews really aren't that bad, just be confident and pitch yourself well. I got an offer 2 weeks after that and took it. 60K prorated salary & 2K housing stipend.

Interview Questions

• It's not difficult but two of the interviewers did ask me "Why Citi?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a summer analyst position so it's nonnegotiable

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call to initially gauge interest in the position, followed by another phone interview with one of the Relationship Managers. The interview process then moved on to a panel discussion in which I met with a variety of current employees to discuss my fit for the role. There were no technical questions, and the interview focused primarily on my "fit" and interest in starting a career with Citi.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why do you want to work in Citi's CB group.   Answer Question

Electronic Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

long, disappointed, too many random questions. miscommunication, managers were not prepared, very genetic questions, i did not think it was a good experience, not applying again, they should restructure their interview process. Not enough spots open

not enough money