Citi

2.9

251 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

AML Compliance Analyst At the Financial Intelligence Unit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

met the Senior Vice President for AML at a Law School Job Fair ( AML Compliance Law Job Fair); I sent an email to the Senior Vice President but she did not reply; obtained an email from the Senior Vice President 3 weeks later and asked me to be interviewed in 24 hours. Appeared for interview at Long Island City One Citi Square and the interview was held with the Senior Vice President and another employee. The interview started from the entry into the elevator up until the 47th floor. The interview lasted for an hour. The interview began by exploring my Resume and later on asking me whether I knew the concept of Money Laundering. I Impressed them with two definitions and they introduced their kind of work and made mention that " an entry level position is available." They even asked me if I needed notice to give my current employer if I wanted to join them. As soon as I heard the SVP tell " the position is a TEMP position subject to 18 month probationary period, you will not be guaranteed a full time employment...." I had to decline the offer

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question whether as a newly wed couple receiving a $20,000 wire transfer from father, could it be considered money laundering? I answered that " as a wedding gift, and presumably people get married not more than once in a lifetime, it will be considered a gift to be used to buy furnitures, things for the home and considering the prices in New York CIty, $20,000 is just enough to get by in terms of quality furniture and things for a newly married couple.   Answer Question

a temp position is offered through a temp agency; no full benefits. very deceiving way to interview since it appears that you are applying for Citigroup but Citigroup is actually outsourcing the hiring through TEMP agencies and they have the gall to call you a " consultant" but in reality its a temp job with no benefits.

Sales Trading and Quantitative Analysis Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Had a first round phone interview which took approx. 45 minutes. Was informed I was invited to the superday on the same day. Superday consisted of 5 interviews, 20 minutes each. Interviewers were all from different business areas/trading desks and ranged in experience levels.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview.

1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures.
    2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc.
    After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour.

The test had four parts:

Part I : Java coding
    Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like:
    a. Merging two sorted list
    b. Reversing array elements
    c. Palindrome
    d. Difference between array and linked list
    e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order)

Part II : Brain Teaser

Three brain teasers
    a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water.
    b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable.

Part III: SQL

Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff.

Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard.

Part IV:

Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc.

The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test.

Third Round
    Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first round interview was a one-on-one technical interview. Calculus and programming questions were asked.

The second round interview was a big day with directors in the fixed income group. They interviewed with me while still doing jobs on their computers. Most problems are math, programming or brain teaser problems. There was also a math test with calculus, linear algbra and logic questions. The math test was very hard.

Senior Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Pretty straightforward interview. Moved quickly. Recruiters were friendly and helpful. Consisted of three modeling and writing exams and meetings with another associate, the director, and the analyst I would have been working for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate maximum market saturation of a national restaurant chain?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in July 2014.

phone interview and on site interview, in about 2 weeks. questions are easy. and in about another week got the offer. the whole process was professional, and since this is an entry level job, only requires fixed income security knowledge and high GPA

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2014.

I was referred internally and circumvented the normal process. I had a phone interview with the manager which lasted about 30 minutes and covered the normal interview questions. I have transferable skills but no direct BA experience, so we spent some of that time covering the basics of the position. Next was an in person interview with the head of the IT department who asked similar, basic interview questions and meeting with another BA in the department. It was one of the simplest and most straightforward interview processes.

Since we skipped HR (they're usually the first to screen), I had a follow up phone call with HR the following week that last 5 minutes and only consisted of them asking about my current salary and my desired salary. They refused to tell me the level the position was (it was posted internally at the VP level) as well as the salary range for the position so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark.

I waited about 5 weeks for them to make a decision and got a phone call from HR with a verbal offer. . Again they asked me my current salary and required me to provide proof in the form of a pay stub or W2. (I thought that was really weird but I've been told by others that it's standard?) I got a formal, written offer about 4 days later and had to submit to fingerprinting and a drug test before getting cleared for a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. A couple of behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    When asked about my desired salary, I tried to gauge my response by asking them the level of the position and the range budgeted. They flat out refused to tell me the level and the salary range so my desired salary was a real shot in the dark. They offered me the amount I asked for, which seems par for the course based on the other Interview Reviews on Glassdoor. It definitely seems like they are not the negotiating type...