Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

First, escorted into a private room and then begin with the interview. The first interviewer asks typical behavioral interview questions, asks about your experiences, and what are some things you have to offer and what are some plans for the future in bettering yourself. After finished with the first interviewer, he or she escorts you to another room to be interviewed by another person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus and went to my career fair to network with the analyst. Received an email for an on campus interview with a week, then after that received an email for a super day in NewYork. Interview questions were pretty basic, mostly behavioral. Asked me a lot about the program.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

First I was contacted for a phone screen interview, which went well. Then I was brought onsite for two one on one interviews. Then I was told I received the offer, just had to sign and return the offer letter, fill out some more forms, and do a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Why Operations? Tell me about some events going on in the market? What are some regulations affecting the way we work in the market?

Interview Questions

• What is the current value of the Euro? Which countries are involved in the Euro?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
      Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
      Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

total three rounds of interview, including interviews with two managers paired for three times on the third round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds, 1 hour interviews. In each hour long interview, you meet with two managing directors. Depending on which interviewer you get, the questions can range from easy to somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked all at once "Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why Operations?". When I answered all three (I thought I answered it well and eloquently), he threw me a curve ball and asked yes but "What REALLY is operations?". Operations is not easy to define so read up on your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I thought the salary was fair.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations