Citi

Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
  • If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

First I was contacted for a phone screen interview, which went well. Then I was brought onsite for two one on one interviews. Then I was told I received the offer, just had to sign and return the offer letter, fill out some more forms, and do a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Why Operations? Tell me about some events going on in the market? What are some regulations affecting the way we work in the market?

Interview Questions
    • What is the current value of the Euro? Which countries are involved in the Euro?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
      Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
      Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

total three rounds of interview, including interviews with two managers paired for three times on the third round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

2 rounds, 1 hour interviews. In each hour long interview, you meet with two managing directors. Depending on which interviewer you get, the questions can range from easy to somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer asked all at once "Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why Operations?". When I answered all three (I thought I answered it well and eloquently), he threw me a curve ball and asked yes but "What REALLY is operations?". Operations is not easy to define so read up on your stuff.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I thought the salary was fair.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2013.

The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Two 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a problem you had to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in August 2012.

Standard- emphasis placed on learnability as well as relating how past experiences can translate into new job.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was why would you want to come here when you have obviously held higher level positions.   View Answer
    Quick back and forth, didnt get all what I wanted but negotiated for more than originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interviewed with 4 people in the department. They all were either directors or VPs of other departments.
    Asked many behavioral questions and also technical questions. First round interviews were at my university and then the second round was on site in NY. Emphasized why Citi and what do you see yourself doing at citi. Got into some specific technical skills with excel and other computer programs.

Interview Questions
    • Why Citi?
      Why do you want to work in the banking industry?

Answer Question