Citi

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Roseland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPs, One Associate
2nd Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPS (different), One SVP
All Questions Were Behavioral, save for one or two accounting related questions. Accounting questions were very basic, i.e. how does net income show up on Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow Statement.

Interview Question – Questions were more about fit than Technical Skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Question – If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First I was contacted for a phone screen interview, which went well. Then I was brought onsite for two one on one interviews. Then I was told I received the offer, just had to sign and return the offer letter, fill out some more forms, and do a drug test.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Why Operations? Tell me about some events going on in the market? What are some regulations affecting the way we work in the market?

Interview Question – What is the current value of the Euro? Which countries are involved in the Euro?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a problem you had to solve?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Question – What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – total three rounds of interview, including interviews with two managers paired for three times on the third round

Interview Question – What is the primary drivers to the economy   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – 2 rounds, 1 hour interviews. In each hour long interview, you meet with two managing directors. Depending on which interviewer you get, the questions can range from easy to somewhat difficult.

Interview Question – The first interviewer asked all at once "Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why Operations?". When I answered all three (I thought I answered it well and eloquently), he threw me a curve ball and asked yes but "What REALLY is operations?". Operations is not easy to define so read up on your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I thought the salary was fair.

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations

Interview Question – What does Operations mean to you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2012.

Interview Details – Standard- emphasis placed on learnability as well as relating how past experiences can translate into new job.

Interview Question – For me, it was why would you want to come here when you have obviously held higher level positions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick back and forth, didnt get all what I wanted but negotiated for more than originally offered.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!