Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions
  • What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
    Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
    Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Two 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a problem you had to solve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

The overall experience was very good. At the start only CV had to be submitted on-line and after closing date received an e-mail inviting me to the assessment centre. Had an option to choose between couple of days plus morning or afternoon session. All people I've met that day were lovely and tried to get everybody to relax and do our best.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected: Why Citi; what is good customer service; what I expect from the job; can I bring something to the company. Competency based: multitasking, problem solving, coping under pressure.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2012.

Standard- emphasis placed on learnability as well as relating how past experiences can translate into new job.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was why would you want to come here when you have obviously held higher level positions.   View Answer
    Quick back and forth, didnt get all what I wanted but negotiated for more than originally offered.

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

2 rounds, 1 hour interviews. In each hour long interview, you meet with two managing directors. Depending on which interviewer you get, the questions can range from easy to somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer asked all at once "Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why Operations?". When I answered all three (I thought I answered it well and eloquently), he threw me a curve ball and asked yes but "What REALLY is operations?". Operations is not easy to define so read up on your stuff.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I thought the salary was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2008.

Interview process was efficient. Began with a 1-on-1 interview with a department manager (VP) for a first round and three 1/2 hour interviews with 3 different department and section managers (VP and AVP). Took over a month to extend the offer, though...

Interview Questions
    • Are you a big picture or a small picture person.   View Answer
    nonexistent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

I applied online on my University's career services website and was invited for an interview. I interviewed with a recruiter on campus. After that, I was invited on site for 2 more interviews on. Each interview was about half an hour long. The recruiter called me back the following Monday and offered me the position. She also went into a little detail about who I'd be working with, when I would start, and compensation.

Interview Questions
    Since it was an entry level position, there wasn't any negotiation with compensation. If you're considering about the position, don't! Accept the offer! This job is a great entry level position and will definitely help get your places.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

I applied online through citi website, and got an request for interview about couple days later, and the interview was about 1 hour and 30 mins long, 1:1 interview with manager and a phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!