Citi Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Four 20-minute one-on-one interviews, followed by a 1 hour group exercise. The one-on-one interviews were very technical, while the group exercise was aimed towards seeing how you work within a team using softer skills.

Interview Questions
  • What is the euro-dollar exchange rate and how does it compare with the euro-dollar exchange rate during the euro crisis?
    Explain Dodd-Frank and how it affects Operations.
    Explain Quantitative Easing and how it affects Bond prices, yields, and interest rates.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

2 rounds, 1 hour interviews. In each hour long interview, you meet with two managing directors. Depending on which interviewer you get, the questions can range from easy to somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer asked all at once "Tell me about yourself. Why Citi? Why Operations?". When I answered all three (I thought I answered it well and eloquently), he threw me a curve ball and asked yes but "What REALLY is operations?". Operations is not easy to define so read up on your stuff.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I thought the salary was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2012.

Standard- emphasis placed on learnability as well as relating how past experiences can translate into new job.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was why would you want to come here when you have obviously held higher level positions.   View Answer
    Quick back and forth, didnt get all what I wanted but negotiated for more than originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Met recruiter at career fair and applied through colleges career services website. Recruiter called me informing me to apply online. Informed to schedule an on campus interview the following week. It was a two part interview, the first interviewer seemed nervous and it made things awkward. The first interview also asked me the same question twice. The second interview was very friendly and mainly asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go to any point in history where would you go? What do you know about citi? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

First there was a logic test online that was for only 10 minutes. When I got successful, I received an email after 5 weeks informing me that there was an interview 1:1 to London's headquarters. At that day, there were 2 back to back interviews of half an hour each 1 on 1. The first interviewer from HR department was very friendly. We were chatting in general and then there were some questions based on achievements and personality. Second Interviewer was a director from operations asking about the role I was applied for and she wanted to see if I truly understand the responsibilities and whether I fit the role or not. After finishing with the interviews a Logic test followed again to test if we were the ones that did it on the first time.

Interview Questions
    • Explained a time where you acted under pressure.   Answer Question
    • Why you believe you are better for this role than the others   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

I applied for the Ops Analyst Positon through a job search on Indeed.com. A day later I recieved a call from HR requesting an interview. I was interviewed for 3 different positions by 3 different managers. They all asked the standard run of the mill questions many of which they had posted on their website. It almost seemed like they were following a template. Each interview lasted about 30 min. For my final interview, the main theme was how well i worked as part of a team as many of the jobs here at citi require you to rotate functions around a team of between 3 or 4 people. They are also big on crosstraining.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you ran into a difficult situation with a manager and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    Overall the negotiation process was very simple. HR did not disclose the hours I would be working until after I accepted the job so I would suggest asking this ahead of time as many of the jobs are not 9 to 5 and require overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Very good, quick HR people. Interview was 2 half hour individual interviews on campus, then one week later in the headquarters, same thing. Mostly behavior questions, people were concerned with personality fit and longevity with company.

none, entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interviewed with 4 people in the department. They all were either directors or VPs of other departments.
    Asked many behavioral questions and also technical questions. First round interviews were at my university and then the second round was on site in NY. Emphasized why Citi and what do you see yourself doing at citi. Got into some specific technical skills with excel and other computer programs.

Interview Questions
    • Why Citi?
      Why do you want to work in the banking industry?
        Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2011.

Well I was contacted by a human resources contact within the company and invited to come in for a round of interviews on friday.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!