Citi

Updated May 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – total three rounds of interview, including interviews with two managers paired for three times on the third round

Interview Question – What is the primary drivers to the economy   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – one interview

Interview Question – what did you enjoy most about your last job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really annoying. They go ridicoulously low knowing you will defo ask for more.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Why Operations? Tell me about some events going on in the market? What are some regulations affecting the way we work in the market?

Interview Question – What is the current value of the Euro? Which countries are involved in the Euro?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Roseland, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPs, One Associate
2nd Round, 3 Interviews with Two VPS (different), One SVP
All Questions Were Behavioral, save for one or two accounting related questions. Accounting questions were very basic, i.e. how does net income show up on Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow Statement.

Interview Question – Questions were more about fit than Technical Skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Operations Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – First I was contacted for a phone screen interview, which went well. Then I was brought onsite for two one on one interviews. Then I was told I received the offer, just had to sign and return the offer letter, fill out some more forms, and do a drug test.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Ops Analyst Positon through a job search on Indeed.com. A day later I recieved a call from HR requesting an interview. I was interviewed for 3 different positions by 3 different managers. They all asked the standard run of the mill questions many of which they had posted on their website. It almost seemed like they were following a template. Each interview lasted about 30 min. For my final interview, the main theme was how well i worked as part of a team as many of the jobs here at citi require you to rotate functions around a team of between 3 or 4 people. They are also big on crosstraining.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you ran into a difficult situation with a manager and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Overall the negotiation process was very simple. HR did not disclose the hours I would be working until after I accepted the job so I would suggest asking this ahead of time as many of the jobs are not 9 to 5 and require overtime.

Buffalo, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through citi website, and got an request for interview about couple days later, and the interview was about 1 hour and 30 mins long, 1:1 interview with manager and a phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – what's citi stock price today?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty generic. Two 1:1 interviews for the first round. Both interviewers had me walk them through my resume, and occasionally stopped me to ask for specifics of certain aspects of some jobs. They also asked about my aspirations in Operations

Interview Question – What does Operations mean to you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2012.

Interview Details – Standard- emphasis placed on learnability as well as relating how past experiences can translate into new job.

Interview Question – For me, it was why would you want to come here when you have obviously held higher level positions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick back and forth, didnt get all what I wanted but negotiated for more than originally offered.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 people in the department. They all were either directors or VPs of other departments.
Asked many behavioral questions and also technical questions. First round interviews were at my university and then the second round was on site in NY. Emphasized why Citi and what do you see yourself doing at citi. Got into some specific technical skills with excel and other computer programs.

Interview Question – Why Citi?
Why do you want to work in the banking industry?
  Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!