Citi

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2013.

Interview Details – Core Java standard questions, basic database questions , questions on recursion

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Telephonic , 1 Onsite interview @Buffalo . Basic object oriented programming questions, core java based questions, collections, jsp and some knowledge of web services and jsp expected.

Interview Question – No difficult question as such.   Answer Question

Portland, ME

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – It was out of college - so fairly informal. Met with future boss and superior, answered several technical questsions.

Interview Question – If you were a tree - what kind of tree would you be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty One sided. They presented the offer, and there was no negotiation available.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – Our Application Developers are expected to propose suitable solutions to a variety of common programming problems. Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of current programming / multi-threading and familiarity with basic concepts of relational databases and a working knowledge of either C# or Java (e.g. final year project, projects worked on at home) should be demonstrated to design and build technology software solutions to meet business requirements

Interview Question – “What is OOP (define encapsulation, polymorphism)?”   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2008.

Interview Details – Round-robin of inteviews. Three people total for their 'superday'. Each person is assigned a different category to interview. They included: personality, background, and technical.

The technical interview consisted of writing out code for several different algorithms. I was asked to write out a function that traverses through a linked list in reverse minimizing the amount of times through.

Also I was asked about different sorting algorithms and to write them out.

The two non-technical people were easy to talk to. The technical guy had no personality, so sense of humor and seemed like he'd rather be at his desk doing work than meeting potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Write out the code to print out all the values of a linked-list in reverse.   Answer Question
  • What is quick sort? How useful is it? Write out the code for it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of resume based shortlist followed by an hour long technical test. After that there was a half hour long technical interview which focussed on basic concepts and general programming questions. This was followed by an HR interview to test my confidence and ability to work in a team with people from diverse background.

Interview Question – There was some strange database problem where i was asked to devise a mechanism to store and retrieve data more efficiently. I replied with something not that confidently. They moved on to next one quickly.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Programmer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.