Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview Details – They have a set sheet of questions that are asked to every candidate. Make sure to answer the questions with Situation, Task, Action, and Result, or you will be marked down. Resumes are only good enough to get you into the interview.

Interview Question – All questions are formatted in a similar fashion. "Tell me about a time when you ____" Make sure to answer in the right format, hinting at things within the job description and you will have the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was not given the option of a negotiation. You take it or they pass.

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for role through internal referral with result my application bypassed HR and I was dealing directly with the hiring manager. Possibly due to the lack of HR involvment and/or the inexperience of hiring manager, I felt the communication & approach to arranging the interview was confusing and lacked professionalism.

I was called back for 2nd interview which had the same 2 interviewers essentialy asking the same set of questions. Was promised prompt feedback (either way) but I heard nothing back and had to follow up with the hiring manager. I received a call a couple of days later from a member of a HR team (who was based in a different country and had no prior involvment in my interview process). It was evident the HR person was quite junior and had limited details or understanding of the interview from the feedback provided. At the end of the call, I was asked if I would like to remain on Citi's books in case of future opportunities but I declined.

Interview Question – Asked the same standard questions during both interviews.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!