Citi

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round on campus interview, went through my resume. Ask me what programming language I‘m most familiar with, why I'm interesting in this position. Ask me whether I paid attention to financial news, some questions about European economic crisis. Ended with two brainteser, the first one I dind't quite understand, the second one is easy.

Interview Question – Burn two ropes, one needs 60 minus, another needs 30. How to get 45 minus time.   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – -went through resume
-background check for computational method and programming language

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had a face-to-face interview on campus. Invited to their Superday interview held at their New York office. Had 8 rounds of interviews. Got questions including maths, programming, logic, finance. Tough interview. You need to learn really a lot to prepare for the interview and more importantly, you have to sell yourself and make them like you. Did not get the offer.

Interview Question – How do you view B-S Model?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2010.

Interview Details – they responded very quickly. actually two short phone calls about background, no actual technique stuffs. then ask you to finish an online test of C++ and math. for c++ I got 32 out of 36, (which I guess failed me for), 23 out of 24 on math.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

Interview Details – went through resume
how many combinations with at least one 5 from 0 to 1000

Interview Question – how many combinations that have at least one five from zero to 1000   View Answers (6)

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2009.

Interview Details – they move fast - my time from initial contact to offer was less than two weeks.
interviewed with 8 different people. some questions technical, others not.
focusing a lot on fit, making sure the candidate knows what he or she is getting into.
overall, not an unpleasant interview experience.
some wiggle room for negotiation.

Interview Question – Can you start tomorrow?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Interview Details – Just focus everything on my resume. Nothing else. For example, they see I am a CFA level III candidate, then they ask do you know bond? what's the duration of a zero coupon 10 years bond and what's the duration if this bond has coupon. Why you want to choose this kind of job, you know, this job will be quite busy and exhausted.....

Interview Question – technical problem   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – All are brainteasers. Questions are easy but I was not well prepared. It is about basic rolling dices problems, which involes calculation of expectation, probability and conditional expectation

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – First round on campus, 2nd one would be offsite

Interview Question – A lot of fit questions. How quant do you think you are compared to your classmates, etc.
Easy math question given 2 sides of a triangle what is the range that the 3rd side can be.
  Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through university career. Arranged interview on campus.
Very nice interviewer. Asked questions about projects on resume, very detailed questions.
You have to prepare to answer every detailed question on almost all projects listed on resume.
Then had a programming skill test. You may write algorithm in any language you familiar with.
The programming skill test is definitely the key.

Interview Question – Describe one project in detail.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Quantitative Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.