Citi Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2014.

phone interview and on site interview, in about 2 weeks. questions are easy. and in about another week got the offer. the whole process was professional, and since this is an entry level job, only requires fixed income security knowledge and high GPA

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Citi.

First phone interview: tell me about yourself for 1 min. Then math and computing problems. I think I had a poor line for phone interview, especially those numbers and algorithms. I was really frustrated about that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some algorithms about recursion and sequence.
      Game theory is about distribution and the second one beat me in addition to the t-distribution.
        View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

First round on campus interview, went through my resume. Ask me what programming language I‘m most familiar with, why I'm interesting in this position. Ask me whether I paid attention to financial news, some questions about European economic crisis. Ended with two brainteser, the first one I dind't quite understand, the second one is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Burn two ropes, one needs 60 minus, another needs 30. How to get 45 minus time.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

-went through resume
    -background check for computational method and programming language

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Had a face-to-face interview on campus. Invited to their Superday interview held at their New York office. Had 8 rounds of interviews. Got questions including maths, programming, logic, finance. Tough interview. You need to learn really a lot to prepare for the interview and more importantly, you have to sell yourself and make them like you. Did not get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2010.

they responded very quickly. actually two short phone calls about background, no actual technique stuffs. then ask you to finish an online test of C++ and math. for c++ I got 32 out of 36, (which I guess failed me for), 23 out of 24 on math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

went through resume
    how many combinations with at least one 5 from 0 to 1000

Interview Questions
    • how many combinations that have at least one five from zero to 1000   View Answers (6)

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2009.

they move fast - my time from initial contact to offer was less than two weeks.
    interviewed with 8 different people. some questions technical, others not.
    focusing a lot on fit, making sure the candidate knows what he or she is getting into.
    overall, not an unpleasant interview experience.
    some wiggle room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Just focus everything on my resume. Nothing else. For example, they see I am a CFA level III candidate, then they ask do you know bond? what's the duration of a zero coupon 10 years bond and what's the duration if this bond has coupon. Why you want to choose this kind of job, you know, this job will be quite busy and exhausted.....

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!