Citi Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2015

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

First phone interview, second in person interview at Buffalo office and third they fly me to NYC office. At Buffalo office they ask me to debug a C function on a paper. NYC interview with 8 people each had 30 min with me and ask lot of questions on theoretical physics.

Interview Questions

• Write down Einstein's equations. What is invariant quantity in general relativity. What is the different between spectral and Sudo spectral methods. What is the different between void pointer and Null pointer. Can C structure contain a function call. How to solves the schrodinger's equation. How to reduce error in finite differencing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

On campus interview, my application is for summer quant analyst. The whole process was about 45 mins, HR is very nice. Most questions are behavioral and a simple possibility problem.

Interview Questions

• Assume you and a professor plan to meet from 10:00 to 10:50, you will at most wait for 15 mins and the professor will at most wait for 10 mins. What's the time window when you can meet the professor with highest possibility.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi in January 2015.

Interview

The first round was on campus interview. Questions including brainteasers and math. Pens and paper were given. The interviewer is super nice and will give you hints when you stuck on the problems. The whole process took around thirty minutes. At the end I was asked which programming language I was most familiar with.

Interview Questions

• After some technical questions I was asked which area I was most interested in, strategy, model, or programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through school OCR. Went to superday after almost two weeks. People who interviewed were very helpful. They will help you when you are stuck at any problems. Sometimes they will be very strict on your answers if you can not answer it correctly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round interview was a one-on-one technical interview. Calculus and programming questions were asked.

The second round interview was a big day with directors in the fixed income group. They interviewed with me while still doing jobs on their computers. Most problems are math, programming or brain teaser problems. There was also a math test with calculus, linear algbra and logic questions. The math test was very hard.

Interview Questions

• e^pi and pi^e which is larger   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks. 4 rounds of interviews, HR and 3 technical interviews. About 1 hour for each round of interview, people are nice. After each interview, notice of next one was sent by email immediately, HR arranged a time and give you a phone number you should call at the time arranged.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, they asked me about models they are dealing with. I'm not familiar with the work they are doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

phone interview and on site interview, in about 2 weeks. questions are easy. and in about another week got the offer. the whole process was professional, and since this is an entry level job, only requires fixed income security knowledge and high GPA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone interview: tell me about yourself for 1 min. Then math and computing problems. I think I had a poor line for phone interview, especially those numbers and algorithms. I was really frustrated about that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some algorithms about recursion and sequence.
      Game theory is about distribution and the second one beat me in addition to the t-distribution.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

First round get phone interview screening. Then second round gets two VPs to process technology interviews. General statistical issues and walking through resume. Very specific questions so need to well prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are type 1 error and type 2 error? what is p-value   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Interview

Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question