Citi

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.3

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2013.

Got the interview through On-Campus recruiting. First round interview was mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers. Final-round interview at Citi was nearly ALL quantitative. The interview consisted of a 30-minute math test, a programming interview, 2-3 brainteasers interview, a market interview and a few behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What is the price of a 1-day Call Option on Citi stock struck at-the-money?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

First phone interview: tell me about yourself for 1 min. Then math and computing problems. I think I had a poor line for phone interview, especially those numbers and algorithms. I was really frustrated about that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some algorithms about recursion and sequence.
      Game theory is about distribution and the second one beat me in addition to the t-distribution.

View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

It was a phone interview consisting of probability and logical question

Interview Questions
    • You have 100 coins on the table. 10 are heads, 90 are tails. You are blindfolded but you can arrange the coins. How can you make 2 piles of coins with the same number of heads?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first round interview was a one-on-one technical interview. Calculus and programming questions were asked.

The second round interview was a big day with directors in the fixed income group. They interviewed with me while still doing jobs on their computers. Most problems are math, programming or brain teaser problems. There was also a math test with calculus, linear algbra and logic questions. The math test was very hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Had a face-to-face interview on campus. Invited to their Superday interview held at their New York office. Had 8 rounds of interviews. Got questions including maths, programming, logic, finance. Tough interview. You need to learn really a lot to prepare for the interview and more importantly, you have to sell yourself and make them like you. Did not get the offer.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2010.

I interviewed with four different guys. The fist one asked me resume questions and some easy tech. The second one was horrible, I was asked by many market questions, such as what do you see the US economy in short-term, long term, how do you think of the equity market in the future, etc. The third guy asked me many math and probability questions, very easy, including the classic one (the prob that three random dots in a circle can form a acute triangle). The fourth one went through my programming skills and asked small questions based on different programming languages such as C++, SQL, etc

Interview Questions
    • What is the probability of forming a acute triangle from three random dots in a circle   View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

If I have 4 boxes to play with you, under one which there is $100. Every time you play you have to pay $x .How much should x be so that the game is fair. You can play as many times as you want.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

The intervew process was a part of On Campus Recruiting process. While the interviewer was polite and methodical in his approach, his Math questions were made by him in an impromptu fashion and asked immediately. This was particularly frustrating and unnerving. Since all his questions were not perfect and had some information that was not provided, I was not sure what type of answer he was expecting. All in all, it seemed like one of those interviews in which if you approach to problems coincided with that of the interviewer, your through otherwise you are not regardless of your scholarly potential

Interview Questions
    • Solve the Brownian motion SDE on paper. Here is the starting equation.   View Answer
    • Derive "uv" integral rule from any differentiation identity you remember. You can use only "basic" identities and no "advanced" calculus in your derivation.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

-went through resume
    -background check for computational method and programming language

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Applied through university career. Arranged interview on campus.
    Very nice interviewer. Asked questions about projects on resume, very detailed questions.
    You have to prepare to answer every detailed question on almost all projects listed on resume.
    Then had a programming skill test. You may write algorithm in any language you familiar with.
    The programming skill test is definitely the key.