Citi Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

3.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

First round on campus, 2nd one would be offsite

Interview Questions
  • A lot of fit questions. How quant do you think you are compared to your classmates, etc.
    Easy math question given 2 sides of a triangle what is the range that the 3rd side can be.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Behavioral interview and technical interview.

hardly any room

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

went through resume
    how many combinations with at least one 5 from 0 to 1000

Interview Questions
    • how many combinations that have at least one five from zero to 1000   View Answers (6)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in July 2014.

phone interview and on site interview, in about 2 weeks. questions are easy. and in about another week got the offer. the whole process was professional, and since this is an entry level job, only requires fixed income security knowledge and high GPA

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2009.

they move fast - my time from initial contact to offer was less than two weeks.
    interviewed with 8 different people. some questions technical, others not.
    focusing a lot on fit, making sure the candidate knows what he or she is getting into.
    overall, not an unpleasant interview experience.
    some wiggle room for negotiation.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Initially two phone interviews 30 mins each with quantitative questions in each one. Then was flown out to New York for Superday and had 8 interviews 30 mins each that day with a math test in the morning. If flying from the west coast, it's important to plan so your schedule is not messed up when you have to wake up at 6am EST for your interview. Do not make my mistake and sleep 5 hrs a night for the entire week before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You have 99 distinct numbers from 1-100, how would you find which number is missing?   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

First round on campus interview, went through my resume. Ask me what programming language I‘m most familiar with, why I'm interesting in this position. Ask me whether I paid attention to financial news, some questions about European economic crisis. Ended with two brainteser, the first one I dind't quite understand, the second one is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Burn two ropes, one needs 60 minus, another needs 30. How to get 45 minus time.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Just focus everything on my resume. Nothing else. For example, they see I am a CFA level III candidate, then they ask do you know bond? what's the duration of a zero coupon 10 years bond and what's the duration if this bond has coupon. Why you want to choose this kind of job, you know, this job will be quite busy and exhausted.....

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

All are brainteasers. Questions are easy but I was not well prepared. It is about basic rolling dices problems, which involes calculation of expectation, probability and conditional expectation

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Applied through university career. Arranged interview on campus.
    Very nice interviewer. Asked questions about projects on resume, very detailed questions.
    You have to prepare to answer every detailed question on almost all projects listed on resume.
    Then had a programming skill test. You may write algorithm in any language you familiar with.
    The programming skill test is definitely the key.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!