Citi

Citi Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round on campus interview, went through my resume. Ask me what programming language I‘m most familiar with, why I'm interesting in this position. Ask me whether I paid attention to financial news, some questions about European economic crisis. Ended with two brainteser, the first one I dind't quite understand, the second one is easy.

Interview Question – Burn two ropes, one needs 60 minus, another needs 30. How to get 45 minus time.   View Answers (2)

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – All are brainteasers. Questions are easy but I was not well prepared. It is about basic rolling dices problems, which involes calculation of expectation, probability and conditional expectation

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – First round on campus, 2nd one would be offsite

Interview Question – A lot of fit questions. How quant do you think you are compared to your classmates, etc.
Easy math question given 2 sides of a triangle what is the range that the 3rd side can be.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through university career. Arranged interview on campus.
Very nice interviewer. Asked questions about projects on resume, very detailed questions.
You have to prepare to answer every detailed question on almost all projects listed on resume.
Then had a programming skill test. You may write algorithm in any language you familiar with.
The programming skill test is definitely the key.

Interview Question – Describe one project in detail.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – -went through resume
-background check for computational method and programming language

Interview Questions

Quantitative Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – The intervew process was a part of On Campus Recruiting process. While the interviewer was polite and methodical in his approach, his Math questions were made by him in an impromptu fashion and asked immediately. This was particularly frustrating and unnerving. Since all his questions were not perfect and had some information that was not provided, I was not sure what type of answer he was expecting. All in all, it seemed like one of those interviews in which if you approach to problems coincided with that of the interviewer, your through otherwise you are not regardless of your scholarly potential

Interview Questions

• Solve the Brownian motion SDE on paper. Here is the starting equation.   View Answer
  • Derive "uv" integral rule from any differentiation identity you remember. You can use only "basic" identities and no "advanced" calculus in your derivation.   View Answers (2)

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details – If I have 4 boxes to play with you, under one which there is $100. Every time you play you have to pay $x .How much should x be so that the game is fair. You can play as many times as you want.

Interview Question – If there is a contract   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst

Interview Details – Called from 7:00 pm to 8:00, background check and probability question, programming.

Interview Question – how to find out the missing number of distinct 99 number from 1 to 100?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initially two phone interviews 30 mins each with quantitative questions in each one. Then was flown out to New York for Superday and had 8 interviews 30 mins each that day with a math test in the morning. If flying from the west coast, it's important to plan so your schedule is not messed up when you have to wake up at 6am EST for your interview. Do not make my mistake and sleep 5 hrs a night for the entire week before the interview.

Interview Question – You have 99 distinct numbers from 1-100, how would you find which number is missing?   View Answers (5)

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had a face-to-face interview on campus. Invited to their Superday interview held at their New York office. Had 8 rounds of interviews. Got questions including maths, programming, logic, finance. Tough interview. You need to learn really a lot to prepare for the interview and more importantly, you have to sell yourself and make them like you. Did not get the offer.

Interview Question – How do you view B-S Model?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Quantitative Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.