Citi Research Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2008.

I was approached by a head-hunter and he appeared to be in a big rush to get an interview with my current manager. The first interview was in the offices of the headhunter because close to my previous offices and it was at 7am, it lasted about 90 minutes and it was mostly a set of technical questions about finance (basic market knowledge and technical questions on IR derivative pricing). Second interview round was a few days later, this time consisting in a series of back to back interviews (3) to check my programming knowledge. I was called one week later for another set of interviews (it lasted from 8am to 2pm) and I met most of the people working for the team. Depending on the person the questions varied from personality to technical question.

Overall, a stressful process but a very fair process, and luckily enough without those annoying puzzles that are becoming popular in finance.

Interview Questions
  • A mathematical question on how to compute the convexity adjustment for an instrument whose payoff was given by a mathematical function.   View Answer
  • Constructors and destructors in C++   Answer Question
The negotiation was very open, and I was asked my current salary and possible bonuses. I was told the bonus that they were going to pay me also in view of the loss of the bonus in the current position. At the end of the year my manager was more than fair, giving me what was verbally agreed.