Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was approached by a head-hunter and he appeared to be in a big rush to get an interview with my current manager. The first interview was in the offices of the headhunter because close to my previous offices and it was at 7am, it lasted about 90 minutes and it was mostly a set of technical questions about finance (basic market knowledge and technical questions on IR derivative pricing). Second interview round was a few days later, this time consisting in a series of back to back interviews (3) to check my programming knowledge. I was called one week later for another set of interviews (it lasted from 8am to 2pm) and I met most of the people working for the team. Depending on the person the questions varied from personality to technical question.

Overall, a stressful process but a very fair process, and luckily enough without those annoying puzzles that are becoming popular in finance.

Interview Questions

• A mathematical question on how to compute the convexity adjustment for an instrument whose payoff was given by a mathematical function.   View Answer
  • Constructors and destructors in C++   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very open, and I was asked my current salary and possible bonuses. I was told the bonus that they were going to pay me also in view of the loss of the bonus in the current position. At the end of the year my manager was more than fair, giving me what was verbally agreed.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.