Citi

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

I had the initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then there were 5 In-person interviews. Interviews were more of a discussion, they asked me lot of questions about my current employer. One of the manager asked me SAS questions. My suggestion is to know your resume well, be prepared to answer any question about your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in July 2010.

1) introduce self.
    2) Change of measure.
    3) Jump process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2010.

I found the opportunity through the career database on-campus. I filled the application forms online and got the phone call from citi one week later. The HR started by asking general background question, asking me to introduce myself and talk about my previous work experience, etc. The HR did not ask me any behavioral question though. Because he told me that actually the hiring manager reviewed my application and is interested in my background. So the HR just did a routine talk on me and brought me on-site. The on-site interview was all conducted in the risk group. I was asked many statistics questions. I thought I did well but i didn't got an offer at end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Famous camel/banana problem.

Interview Questions
    • This position is not directly related to the skill-set you indicated on your resume. How are you prepared to overcome that?   Answer Question
    • camel/banana problem   Answer Question
    Didn't try negotiating due to my lack of experience in the industry at the time.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in August 2014.

The whole process took around 2+ months from the time of application to the final round of interview. The received a mail for telephonic interview 2 weeks after my application . The telephonic interview was with the hiring manager asking me basic questions on my past work ex and also clearly defining the scope of the job in hand . The interviewer was looking for a person with VBA ,SAS and SQL capabilities. 3 weeks after my interview I received an invitation for an on site interview which happened with the Head of the Department . It was a basic run through my resume and very conversational. The last interview was with the VP of the hiring team 3 weeks later. He asked me more of situational and HR questions. Overall a good experience if you are a good fit for the role . Everyone is professional and good to talk to.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interviewers had been with the company for 8 and 12 years. Questions were focused toward relevant projects and experience, and getting a feel for my analytic skills and knowledge-set. Both were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the necessity of looking at the ratio: EBITDA over debt.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question