Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Is City, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

I had the initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then there were 5 In-person interviews. Interviews were more of a discussion, they asked me lot of questions about my current employer. One of the manager asked me SAS questions. My suggestion is to know your resume well, be prepared to answer any question about your resume.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Famous camel/banana problem.

Interview Questions
    • This position is not directly related to the skill-set you indicated on your resume. How are you prepared to overcome that?   Answer Question
    • camel/banana problem   Answer Question
    Didn't try negotiating due to my lack of experience in the industry at the time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2011.

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

1) introduce self.
    2) Change of measure.
    3) Jump process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

I found the opportunity through the career database on-campus. I filled the application forms online and got the phone call from citi one week later. The HR started by asking general background question, asking me to introduce myself and talk about my previous work experience, etc. The HR did not ask me any behavioral question though. Because he told me that actually the hiring manager reviewed my application and is interested in my background. So the HR just did a routine talk on me and brought me on-site. The on-site interview was all conducted in the risk group. I was asked many statistics questions. I thought I did well but i didn't got an offer at end.

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interviewers had been with the company for 8 and 12 years. Questions were focused toward relevant projects and experience, and getting a feel for my analytic skills and knowledge-set. Both were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the necessity of looking at the ratio: EBITDA over debt.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Very Nice people who asked mostly fit questions and then asked couple of market related questions. Keep up with current market and read the WSJ everyday.

Interview Questions
    • what is going on the in the market   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict and it did not go as you had planned   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

I spent about a day at Citi to talk to different people. The interviews went pretty well. They did not ask me a lot of questions regarding programming and code. Instead, there are many questions about my past projects. I did some research on Citi before the interview, which turned out to be very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve the accuracy of self-reported income during the underwriting process, while customers are waiting at the POS in a retail store and you only have a few minutes to make a decision?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!