Citi

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2010.

I found the opportunity through the career database on-campus. I filled the application forms online and got the phone call from citi one week later. The HR started by asking general background question, asking me to introduce myself and talk about my previous work experience, etc. The HR did not ask me any behavioral question though. Because he told me that actually the hiring manager reviewed my application and is interested in my background. So the HR just did a routine talk on me and brought me on-site. The on-site interview was all conducted in the risk group. I was asked many statistics questions. I thought I did well but i didn't got an offer at end.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in June 2009.

A group interview involving general periodical questions like "How does the Vulker ruleaffect risk management?" and "What do you think about the new Basle 3 directives?".

This was followed up by some more technical questions on risk management on credit and equity problems. Describe the risk factors involved when looking after a convertibe bond, where are the risks? How do you hedge them? Describe the product and so on. It wasn't very maths focused, if you could talk through the product you were fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

One round of phone interview with the recruiter . Few days later phone interview with the hiring manager , was technical interview asking lot of questions.. He was nice guy . Then one week later onsite interview with 5 managers . 2 managers really grilled me whereas the other 3 interviews focussed on the questions related to the job . Good interview experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Famous camel/banana problem.

Interview Questions
    • This position is not directly related to the skill-set you indicated on your resume. How are you prepared to overcome that?   Answer Question
    • camel/banana problem   Answer Question
    Didn't try negotiating due to my lack of experience in the industry at the time.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Very Nice people who asked mostly fit questions and then asked couple of market related questions. Keep up with current market and read the WSJ everyday.

Interview Questions
    • what is going on the in the market   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict and it did not go as you had planned   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in July 2010.

1) introduce self.
    2) Change of measure.
    3) Jump process.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

It is a nice experience. My interviewer is a MD in citi risk ICG group. Half way through the interview, we just started chatting. He talked about his experience in China and how he liked about China. He also talked about his view of financial crisis and shared his knowledge about risk management.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask you to rank yourself among other candidates, what would you rank yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose to double major in statistics   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

technical questions for first round
    no tech question on the superday at all...so surprised

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

There were three rounds of interviews for this position; the first with a recruiter, the second with the hiring manager (both via phone), and the final round consisted of six hours of 1:1 interviews on site. The questions were almost all standard behavioral interview questions, and personality match was paramount. The organization I interviewed with was a former GE shop, but the personalities were generally very laid-back and friendly. The office was casual, with everyone in jeans.

Interview Questions
    • As a follow-up question to "describe how you handled a challenging situation with a client", they asked what I would have done differently next time   View Answer
    This organization expects and respects negotiation (especially at the mid-level, which this position was). Be reasonable, respectful, and firm, and ask for what you want.