Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interviewers had been with the company for 8 and 12 years. Questions were focused toward relevant projects and experience, and getting a feel for my analytic skills and knowledge-set. Both were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the necessity of looking at the ratio: EBITDA over debt.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

I spent about a day at Citi to talk to different people. The interviews went pretty well. They did not ask me a lot of questions regarding programming and code. Instead, there are many questions about my past projects. I did some research on Citi before the interview, which turned out to be very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve the accuracy of self-reported income during the underwriting process, while customers are waiting at the POS in a retail store and you only have a few minutes to make a decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

There were three rounds of interviews for this position; the first with a recruiter, the second with the hiring manager (both via phone), and the final round consisted of six hours of 1:1 interviews on site. The questions were almost all standard behavioral interview questions, and personality match was paramount. The organization I interviewed with was a former GE shop, but the personalities were generally very laid-back and friendly. The office was casual, with everyone in jeans.

Interview Questions
    • As a follow-up question to "describe how you handled a challenging situation with a client", they asked what I would have done differently next time   View Answer
    This organization expects and respects negotiation (especially at the mid-level, which this position was). Be reasonable, respectful, and firm, and ask for what you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

I had the initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then there were 5 In-person interviews. Interviews were more of a discussion, they asked me lot of questions about my current employer. One of the manager asked me SAS questions. My suggestion is to know your resume well, be prepared to answer any question about your resume.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Very Nice people who asked mostly fit questions and then asked couple of market related questions. Keep up with current market and read the WSJ everyday.

Interview Questions
    • what is going on the in the market   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict and it did not go as you had planned   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

technical questions for first round
    no tech question on the superday at all...so surprised

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

It is a nice experience. My interviewer is a MD in citi risk ICG group. Half way through the interview, we just started chatting. He talked about his experience in China and how he liked about China. He also talked about his view of financial crisis and shared his knowledge about risk management.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask you to rank yourself among other candidates, what would you rank yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose to double major in statistics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

1) introduce self.
    2) Change of measure.
    3) Jump process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!