Citi

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Risk Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Question – What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Interviewers had been with the company for 8 and 12 years. Questions were focused toward relevant projects and experience, and getting a feel for my analytic skills and knowledge-set. Both were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Question – What is the necessity of looking at the ratio: EBITDA over debt.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – I spent about a day at Citi to talk to different people. The interviews went pretty well. They did not ask me a lot of questions regarding programming and code. Instead, there are many questions about my past projects. I did some research on Citi before the interview, which turned out to be very helpful.

Interview Question – How would you improve the accuracy of self-reported income during the underwriting process, while customers are waiting at the POS in a retail store and you only have a few minutes to make a decision?   Answer Question

Long Is City, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had the initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Then there were 5 In-person interviews. Interviews were more of a discussion, they asked me lot of questions about my current employer. One of the manager asked me SAS questions. My suggestion is to know your resume well, be prepared to answer any question about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very Nice people who asked mostly fit questions and then asked couple of market related questions. Keep up with current market and read the WSJ everyday.

Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of interviews for this position; the first with a recruiter, the second with the hiring manager (both via phone), and the final round consisted of six hours of 1:1 interviews on site. The questions were almost all standard behavioral interview questions, and personality match was paramount. The organization I interviewed with was a former GE shop, but the personalities were generally very laid-back and friendly. The office was casual, with everyone in jeans.

Interview Question – As a follow-up question to "describe how you handled a challenging situation with a client", they asked what I would have done differently next time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This organization expects and respects negotiation (especially at the mid-level, which this position was). Be reasonable, respectful, and firm, and ask for what you want.

Risk Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – I sent resume to recruiter and was called immediately as the hiring manager happened to be in the UK that week. Went for interview 8am the following morning. Manager was nice, interview mainly general, how I would fit into the world wide team. (i would be the only member in the UK and I would work with the team over the phone). I was not a complete match with the job spec. The recruiter went quiet for a month and then gave feedback that I wasn't a cultural fit.

Interview Question – This was my first interview for 25 years. I don't think that there were difficult questions, just that I didn't sell my skills correctly.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview Details – First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Question – discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1) introduce self.
2) Change of measure.
3) Jump process.

Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview Details – It is a nice experience. My interviewer is a MD in citi risk ICG group. Half way through the interview, we just started chatting. He talked about his experience in China and how he liked about China. He also talked about his view of financial crisis and shared his knowledge about risk management.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask you to rank yourself among other candidates, what would you rank yourself?   Answer Question
  • Why do you choose to double major in statistics   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Risk Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.