Citi Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.1

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone call from the hiring manager directly. Just briefly talked about my background and what they are doing in their team. After one month, I was invited to an onsite interview. Was asked a lot of questions about data analysis and statistical modeling. Got a rejection three days after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in case your client was not satisfied with your statistical analysis result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewers had been with the company for 8 and 12 years. Questions were focused toward relevant projects and experience, and getting a feel for my analytic skills and knowledge-set. Both were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• What is the necessity of looking at the ratio: EBITDA over debt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions. They interviewed 12 people that day. It was rather disorganized, because they asked us to come at 7.45 am, yet my interview took place at 10.30. Interviewed on Friday, got an offer on Monday. Interview process was pretty straightforward, all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - Tell me about yourself, how did you prepare for the interview. etc   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview

I spent about a day at Citi to talk to different people. The interviews went pretty well. They did not ask me a lot of questions regarding programming and code. Instead, there are many questions about my past projects. I did some research on Citi before the interview, which turned out to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the accuracy of self-reported income during the underwriting process, while customers are waiting at the POS in a retail store and you only have a few minutes to make a decision?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews for this position; the first with a recruiter, the second with the hiring manager (both via phone), and the final round consisted of six hours of 1:1 interviews on site. The questions were almost all standard behavioral interview questions, and personality match was paramount. The organization I interviewed with was a former GE shop, but the personalities were generally very laid-back and friendly. The office was casual, with everyone in jeans.

Interview Questions

• As a follow-up question to "describe how you handled a challenging situation with a client", they asked what I would have done differently next time   1 Answer

Negotiation

This organization expects and respects negotiation (especially at the mid-level, which this position was). Be reasonable, respectful, and firm, and ask for what you want.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Interview

I sent resume to recruiter and was called immediately as the hiring manager happened to be in the UK that week. Went for interview 8am the following morning. Manager was nice, interview mainly general, how I would fit into the world wide team. (i would be the only member in the UK and I would work with the team over the phone). I was not a complete match with the job spec. The recruiter went quiet for a month and then gave feedback that I wasn't a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• This was my first interview for 25 years. I don't think that there were difficult questions, just that I didn't sell my skills correctly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

First one on one interview, then invited back for superday which consisted of 4 one on one interviews

Interview Questions

• discuss ways to mitigate risk when giving out lines of credit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

1) introduce self. 2) Change of measure. 3) Jump process.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview

technical questions for first round no tech question on the superday at all...so surprised

Interview Questions

• tell me how to fit the regression   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview

It is a nice experience. My interviewer is a MD in citi risk ICG group. Half way through the interview, we just started chatting. He talked about his experience in China and how he liked about China. He also talked about his view of financial crisis and shared his knowledge about risk management.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask you to rank yourself among other candidates, what would you rank yourself?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose to double major in statistics   Answer Question