Citi

Citi Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in February 2013.

1 phone initial phone interview with HR, 2 follow up phone interviews with a Trader and then Sales person. 2 weeks later invited to a super day in NYC, with 6 back to back interviews 30 min each, each interviewer with a different type of questioning and personality. The interviewers all had different methods for gauging "fit" for the S&T team, which included a variety of mental math, market knowledge, and behavioral questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interview was really strange. She was munching on something the whole time and people kept talking to her. She even asked me to hold on in the middle of a sentence at one point to talk to someone. I understand that she works in Sales and Trading and that it is a very market driven position/field, but it was definitely rude. She asked me about my resume and didn't really seem interested and didn't comment or ask follow up questions on anything. She asked me why Sales and Trading and then asked me to talk about something I had seen in the news/markets. I mentioned the Euro Debt Crisis and she asked me what i think is going to happen to the currency/ exchange rate. I said depreciate and she said actually some people think that as the countries drop out of the euro that the currency will appreciate. This was a weird comment considering that there has been no serious mention anywhere of countries dropping out of the union. I said, oh that is an interesting view. She said that yeah, but obviously right now they'll depreciate. Then she asked if i had any questions and i asked about her background. Interestingly she went to my small women's college, but didn't mention any of that until i asked! I thought that was pretty bizarre because we probably had many of the same classes/professors/clubs. I didn't get any response to my thank you note and no offer to come back for a super day.
    Oh and also weird, I had two options for the interview the day before thanksgiving or the day after. I thought that was a little weird because those are big traveling days and because we still had classes all day that Wednesday before the holiday.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

normal application process, numerical test, phone internview and AC

Interview Questions
    very staright forward and smooth

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2011.

There were two rounds in the interview process. Before this there was CV screening and competency tests. The first round consisted of 2 or 3 half an hour interviews and another competency test. The assessment centre that followed was 4 half an hour interviews with a piece of group work and an individual presentation. There were a few brain teasers but many questions regarding motive for joining the industry and current market activity.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a chess board and two of the corner squares are removed and then you had dominoes where by each domino filled two squares of the chess board, with these pieces removed could you completely fill the remaining chess board squares with no gaps.   View Answer
    No negotiations