Citi

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

One appointment, met with five different employees - some higher, some would be colleagues. Job description is useless as jobs there are totally fluid based on changing focus of group CFO.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were easy, I think they liked my resume or, didn't like any other candidates   View Answer
None. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

After getting a phone call to setup an interview I came into the site. I sat with 3 managers over the course of an hour and a half to 2 hours.

I met with 1 Vice President, 1 Sr Vice President, and 1 Director. The Director was a softball interview as he was the last person and assumed everything else had been covered by his 2 directs.

The Vice President didn't really seem to have a good grasp on the group's responsibilities. There had been a lot of turn over (3 people on a 5 person team left) and they needed someone who was looking for an opportunity to prove him or herself.

The SVP reiterated similar lines. They asked mostly basic questions anyone with a 3.0 in any college subject could answer. Then they asked extremely niche questions relating to the position. I answered honestly and with the niche questions, when I said I didn't know, they said they could train me.

Interview Questions

I declined because the managers seemed really green and unequipped to do their jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Behavioral interview. Asked about project experience and talked about potential role. Talked about the project in question being hired for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

Very quick interview process from the original recruiter call to the interview was one day.
    They tell you what building to go to for the interview but not that there are several garages and you can end up parking on the other side of campus. Very high security, make sure you take your ID or you will not get it. Beautiful building and grounds, very bright and looks recently updated.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest question you have ever been asked at an interview? – What was your answer?   Answer Question
    • Name your 3 best and worst traits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Due to my experiance there was just a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

The interview consisted mainly of the hiring manager describing the job in great detail. I then went over my work experience. There were a few situational questions, such as, how you would handle adversity and gaining a consensus from multiple people. I thought the interview went very well. Unfortunately, communication from HR was non-existent. I attempted to follow up with the HR recruiter but no calls were returned. Several months later, I received an email that thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you disagreed with a decision made by management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi in November 2008.

It was an internal position for which I applied online. The recruiter contacted me to setup a phone interview. I was called in for 1:1 interviews with 3 managers. Afterwards, I have a second round with the department head. Then, I got an offer that was too low and I had to negotiate the title/salary.

Interview Questions
    Difficult since internal position.