Citi Senior Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview in Citi wasn't very difficult for me. All the team members took my interview one after another. They mostly asked about Java language specific questions, design patterns, databases unix tools. It went alright and was asked to meet the manager after few days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Resume placed in by Employee Referral. Waited 3 weeks for HR Interview. Received Interview by Department Manager, and Technical Interview on same Day, by Project manager. 2 weeks later received Interviews by 2 First Vice President's, and one Director. Then received call from Human Resources with to come in again, and was given a Salary Agreement Letter, and a proposed start date. I accepted the Salary agreement, and sent it in a few days later, and started work about 3 weeks from the Salary agreement. I was told by my referree that they had already made the decision that they wanted me as an employee when I received the 3 other interviews, but these were just a formality at the time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few technical questions related to Testing, and using data compare tools during the technical interview. During the Manager Interview I was asked about the Investment product: Mutual Funds, and to how familiar I was with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as this was my first IT Job in this field. I wish I gave it a shot, looking back, as I probably could have increased another $ 6,000 to $ 10,000, But I was happy to get a job when some of the majority of my classmates had not received job offers, and those that did were not as high in salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi (Blue Ash, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

After I applied through online, within 15 days I got call from HR person. Had a basic interview with HR. Then HR scheduled interview with two managers as a phone interview. In phone interview they had asked various technical questions. Later I got call from HR for face to face interview with manager. After that got confirmation within week to accept the job. The interview process was so smooth and not much time consuming.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Recruitment email and invitation to face-to-face interview. In the interview I was greeted by the hiring manager plus a potential colleague. They showed me around the office as we located a meeting room. The interview was mostly technical, in order to assess how up-to-date I was with Java. I never received feedback, even after sending an email to the company's recruiter - they never responded.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard behavioural personality questions that arise in an interview plus questions about the Java programming language, including its newer features.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview

Got phone interview first, asked about past projects, then data structure and algorithm questions. After clearing it, got on site interview, 3 engineers. Mostly Java questions and puzzles and algorithm questions. After that, MD called for final interview, still algorithm. Didn't do well since he speaks too fast...