Citi

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in May 2009.

Interview Details – Resume placed in by Employee Referral. Waited 3 weeks for HR Interview. Received Interview by Department Manager, and Technical Interview on same Day, by Project manager. 2 weeks later received Interviews by 2 First Vice President's, and one Director. Then received call from Human Resources with to come in again, and was given a Salary Agreement Letter, and a proposed start date. I accepted the Salary agreement, and sent it in a few days later, and started work about 3 weeks from the Salary agreement. I was told by my referree that they had already made the decision that they wanted me as an employee when I received the 3 other interviews, but these were just a formality at the time.

Interview Question – I was asked a few technical questions related to Testing, and using data compare tools during the technical interview. During the Manager Interview I was asked about the Investment product: Mutual Funds, and to how familiar I was with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as this was my first IT Job in this field. I wish I gave it a shot, looking back, as I probably could have increased another $ 6,000 to $ 10,000, But I was happy to get a job when some of the majority of my classmates had not received job offers, and those that did were not as high in salary.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview in Citi wasn't very difficult for me. All the team members took my interview one after another. They mostly asked about Java language specific questions, design patterns, databases unix tools. It went alright and was asked to meet the manager after few days.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Blue Ash, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in February 2008.

Interview Details – After I applied through online, within 15 days I got call from HR person. Had a basic interview with HR. Then HR scheduled interview with two managers as a phone interview. In phone interview they had asked various technical questions. Later I got call from HR for face to face interview with manager. After that got confirmation within week to accept the job. The interview process was so smooth and not much time consuming.

Interview Question – The salary.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got phone interview first, asked about past projects, then data structure and algorithm questions. After clearing it, got on site interview, 3 engineers. Mostly Java questions and puzzles and algorithm questions. After that, MD called for final interview, still algorithm. Didn't do well since he speaks too fast...

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Senior Programmer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.