Citi Senior Vice President Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interviewed by 4 SVP and Project manager for 3 hrs, Question on project management, tech Architecture, Technology, Some physics problem, some risk analysis question

Interview Questions
  • Hiring Manager was asked me question, and didn't listen to the answer, comes back again ask something, then start talking over phone   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

As part of a small group I knew the hiring manager from a prior job. I met with the business head to whom my hiring manager reported to. The interview with the business head / managing director was conversational but allow each of us dig into the others experiences and objectives. There was also an HR screen which was professionally conducted.

You need to have insight into the HR banding to know the range you are working in.

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

very easy interview with manager and and senior manager

they dont negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

got call thru internal referral, gone thru phone, 1:1 and group interviews

Got another better offer

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Was approached directly by Citi who had already decided they wanted to hire me.

simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2010.

Interviewed with three people plus HR. All done very professionally and on-site. However, took long time for hiring manager to return phone calls related to questions post-offer/pre-hire. This is a serious financial services company and one needs to be well-rehearsed/prepared and well-dressed (for success) for every single in-person meeting. If you are being hired at a junior level, process will take less time for approvals, etc. than for a senior level role.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult work situation you ever encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leaving consulting and come back to industry after being so successful?   Answer Question
    I was always taught to believe everything is negotiable and it is. I negotiated additional PTO days but not additional comp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi in September 2010.

I was referred to Citi from a friend so the process was more informal that most people.

I came in 2 different times to interview 1 on 1 with 2 different people each time.

At the end of the second round of interviews they let me know they would be extending me an offer

Interview Questions
    • The one on one interview were fairly easy and there were no hard questions   Answer Question
    non existent since salary was a cap for level

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

6 interviews - with HR and business line

No negotiation

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

The inteview went very well. Met with the hiring managers before meeting with HR. The layout of the floor was a bit drab. The hiring manager had the ability to make the decision with limited input from upper managerment. It took 1 phone interview and two in person interviews and the job was mines.

Interview Questions
    the negotiation went well.