Citi Senior Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.6

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

I was hired as a full time employee based on my work as a consultant. They wanted me to convert as a full time position. I was torn because this position was a Senior Vice President position and my salary was at a Director level. I was at the salary cap limit for a SVP..

Negotiation

Long and painful

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process took well over a month to find the right candidate... There was several rounds of interviews some in great detail, some not so much. I was given the opportunity to meet the entire Global Risk Team that I would work with on a daily basis. The rapport was very good within the team members.

Interview Questions

• what's the most pressing operational risk issue we have today, from a macro economic point of view?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair and transparent from both ends.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Warren, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 SVP and Project manager for 3 hrs, Question on project management, tech Architecture, Technology, Some physics problem, some risk analysis question

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager was asked me question, and didn't listen to the answer, comes back again ask something, then start talking over phone   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

As part of a small group I knew the hiring manager from a prior job. I met with the business head to whom my hiring manager reported to. The interview with the business head / managing director was conversational but allow each of us dig into the others experiences and objectives. There was also an HR screen which was professionally conducted.

Negotiation

You need to have insight into the HR banding to know the range you are working in.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

very easy interview with manager and and senior manager

Negotiation

they dont negotiate

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

got call thru internal referral, gone thru phone, 1:1 and group interviews

Got another better offer

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Interview

Was approached directly by Citi who had already decided they wanted to hire me.

Negotiation

simple.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with three people plus HR. All done very professionally and on-site. However, took long time for hiring manager to return phone calls related to questions post-offer/pre-hire. This is a serious financial services company and one needs to be well-rehearsed/prepared and well-dressed (for success) for every single in-person meeting. If you are being hired at a junior level, process will take less time for approvals, etc. than for a senior level role.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult work situation you ever encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leaving consulting and come back to industry after being so successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was always taught to believe everything is negotiable and it is. I negotiated additional PTO days but not additional comp.

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was referred to Citi from a friend so the process was more informal that most people.

I came in 2 different times to interview 1 on 1 with 2 different people each time.

At the end of the second round of interviews they let me know they would be extending me an offer

Interview Questions

• The one on one interview were fairly easy and there were no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

non existent since salary was a cap for level

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

6 interviews - with HR and business line

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation