Citi Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

I have given a test for Citi group, their package is 7.5lpa(CTC). The test has no coding questions but contains a lot of reasoning, verbal, aptitude. Please do some practise on the aptitude questions. Some of my friends told me that in the next rounds of interview they asked some data warehousing related stuff(SQL)

Interview Questions
  • pipe A can fill a cistern in t1 time, B can fill it t2 time. How much time can be taken if both pipes are opened.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Initial interview was good followed with a personal interview. Overall satisfied with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

The interview in this company looks full of Nepotism. Regardless your skill, the interviewer would consider his side person. No wonder Citi is down and has very poor Java website

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2009.

Took a while for the HR rep to set up an interview. Once this was done, I took a tour of the facility and was interviewed 1-on-1 by 4 different supervisors. The questions were both behavioral and technical. Behavioral was no big deal; same as usual. Technical were quite difficult. There were many questions in regards to my skill level in regards to programming languages. In addition, there were quite a few brain-teasers / logical questions. I didn't do so hot in the technical part, and was not hired. I understood this and was not hurt, just motivated to prepare more for my next interview.

Overall, positive yet difficult experience.

Interview Questions
    • Who, alive or dead, do you idolize in life?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2008.

This was a phone interview. The interviewer was the hiring manager and was asking mostly general soft skills questions, such as:
    - What's your greatest strength
    - What's your greatest weakness
    - Describe a situation where you had to deal with a conflict on the team
    - Other behavioral questions
    Almost no technical questions, mostly in the form of "do you know technology X"?
    A few days after the interview he emailed saying that the position was canceled. And there it was.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a conflict situation in your team?   View Answer

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!