Citi Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair and interviewed the next day. They were very friendly and the interview was rather relaxed. I was surprised they wanted me to interview as I was not well trained in the field they were hiring in, Information Security, but they were insistent that I come anyways.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I go about identifying and solving a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very disorganized. I learned that they are hiring through friends and applied. Received an interview call and was asked a bunch of questions. Then I did a face to face interview where we spend 2 hours talking about random stuff followed by 2 technical questions. Mostly language specific.

Interview Questions

• Random questions, like how many bits in a byte? or java specific questions   Answer Question

They initially said they like me a lot but were not willing to negotiate at all. I wasn't okay with the terms of their offer and they stopped responding to my emails! So unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Bangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

I have given a test for Citi group, their package is 7.5lpa(CTC). The test has no coding questions but contains a lot of reasoning, verbal, aptitude. Please do some practise on the aptitude questions. Some of my friends told me that in the next rounds of interview they asked some data warehousing related stuff(SQL)

Interview Questions

• pipe A can fill a cistern in t1 time, B can fill it t2 time. How much time can be taken if both pipes are opened.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi in November 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was good followed with a personal interview. Overall satisfied with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview

The interview in this company looks full of Nepotism. Regardless your skill, the interviewer would consider his side person. No wonder Citi is down and has very poor Java website

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in August 2009.

Interview

Took a while for the HR rep to set up an interview. Once this was done, I took a tour of the facility and was interviewed 1-on-1 by 4 different supervisors. The questions were both behavioral and technical. Behavioral was no big deal; same as usual. Technical were quite difficult. There were many questions in regards to my skill level in regards to programming languages. In addition, there were quite a few brain-teasers / logical questions. I didn't do so hot in the technical part, and was not hired. I understood this and was not hurt, just motivated to prepare more for my next interview. Overall, positive yet difficult experience.

Interview Questions

• Who, alive or dead, do you idolize in life?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi in January 2008.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The interviewer was the hiring manager and was asking mostly general soft skills questions, such as: - What's your greatest strength - What's your greatest weakness - Describe a situation where you had to deal with a conflict on the team - Other behavioral questions Almost no technical questions, mostly in the form of "do you know technology X"? A few days after the interview he emailed saying that the position was canceled. And there it was.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a conflict situation in your team?   1 Answer