Citi

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Interview Question – What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Question – What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – The interviewing was first done over the phone, then done in person in a super day. The whole process was stressful, and the questions were very thorough. The other candidates at the super day seemed very nervous.

Interview Question – How much chocolate is consumed in New York every week?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Question – Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2012.

Interview Details – It is not so hard. Many fundamental programming question.

Interview Question – What is Hashmap.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Interview Details – Why Citi? Why IB? What are ways to value companies? The interviewer was challenging but very nice. Asked me who the CEO, chairman and the presidents are and what the ratios are as well. Pretty straightforward but do need to prepare for the interview.

Interview Question – How did Citigroup buy EMI ? What was the background?(since I mentioned the deal that Citi sold EMI to Universal and Sony)?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2:1 interview, Resume Review, Why are you interested?, a few technical questions - walk me through a DCF, what are other types of valuations, etc.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2011.

Interview Details – first round phone interview - all technical accounting, valuation questions, answered none of them correctly
superday - more fit/behavioral questions, one round of technical

Interview Question – 3 ways to value a company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing negotiable

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1st interview - phone, very general, all fit
2nd interview - fit, but few based on current market conditions

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.