Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Citigroup was present at my school's career fair, I had a chance to speak with a recruiter, submitted my resume online, first interview was on campus, second was at their Buffalo office, two 30 minute interviews with VP's of respective divisions, very kind, welcoming, easy-going, nothing super technical, they are really focused more on personality, fit, and are ultimately trying to determine the division that you will succeed in or be the most suitable for

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions such as: Why Citigroup? Why Banking/Financial Services? Discuss your strengths. Walk through your resume. Speak about past experiences as a team member and in a leadership position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard salary 16.82 per hour

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with HR, three round at office interview. First interview was with 2 VP's, the second was with an MD in the division, third was with HR.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews for the Summer Financial Analyst Program with Citi. The first round was organized through a school career fair event, and I was invited back a few weeks later in their Long Island City office for their Super Day. The first interview was a phone interview, and the interviewer was an alumni for my college. It was mostly behavioral, and more conversational rather than the interview. The Super Day interview was conducted as 3 x 30 minute interviews at their office. Again, they were mostly behavioral questions, that the interviewers picked from a preset list of questions (which they chose on the spot). I did get one question though asking about annuities, only because I had used the word annuity on my resume. You shouldn't really expect technical questions. They also asked at the end of my Super Day interview, if I had any other pending offers/interviews. I did not, and that may have influenced HR's decision to accept me.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting, went through preliminary interviews, and then got called to NYC for superday interview. I had six several minute interviews (I wan't to say 10 each) and the questions were pretty rapid fire. Mostly fit questions, but several in a row and they were pretty thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to analyze a case study on parking economics.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Questions

• What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question