Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews for the Summer Financial Analyst Program with Citi. The first round was organized through a school career fair event, and I was invited back a few weeks later in their Long Island City office for their Super Day. The first interview was a phone interview, and the interviewer was an alumni for my college. It was mostly behavioral, and more conversational rather than the interview. The Super Day interview was conducted as 3 x 30 minute interviews at their office. Again, they were mostly behavioral questions, that the interviewers picked from a preset list of questions (which they chose on the spot). I did get one question though asking about annuities, only because I had used the word annuity on my resume. You shouldn't really expect technical questions. They also asked at the end of my Super Day interview, if I had any other pending offers/interviews. I did not, and that may have influenced HR's decision to accept me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting, went through preliminary interviews, and then got called to NYC for superday interview. I had six several minute interviews (I wan't to say 10 each) and the questions were pretty rapid fire. Mostly fit questions, but several in a row and they were pretty thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to analyze a case study on parking economics.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Questions

• What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview

Interview Process took about 4 weeks total. Superday was at the office in Manhattan, consisted of 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews. Asked only behavioral and fit questions. This was for a position within Finance, interviews with people who worked in Finance, not HR. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.