Citi

Updated Jan 5, 2015

3.3

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

This is for the IBD group at Citi.

My resume was submitted in the morning, and someone called me that afternoon to schedule a first round phone interview within the beginning of the next work week. The call was to two associates in the firm, on speakerphone, although only one spoke/asked questions. After running through my resume, we moved onto the technical portion of the interview. Typical questions were asked on Accounting (Income/Balance sheets) and Valuations (DCF, different valuation methods). The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, and at the end I was informed that I would be recommended for the next round. Someone called me later that evening to schedule the next interview.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through an Income Statement line-by-line and explain what each line means.   Answer Question
  • Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in June 2010.

Very friendly and professional in communication and during the interviews. Although the process from first interview to decision took months, which I found too long.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a financial model you have built   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you have come up with a creative solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2009.

The interview took place at the UCLA career center. The interviewer was prompt and professional and met me almost to the second that the interview was to start. He was friendly, but also quite reserved. You could tell he was a little distracted. After the expected "Walk me through your resume" he waded right into technical questions. He would dovetail each question with a more complicated question. He would also allow you to steer the interview in a direction more favorable to your knowledge. For example, I rambled on about options for quite some time. Overall a pretty typical Investment Banking interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors that go into valuing an option contract? The follow up question was what are the Option Greeks and how do they related to each other (this was the hard one, but he seemed satisfied that I knew even half of them).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2010.

The group of candidates were interviewed in an auditorium. There were about 30 interviewers and 30 candidates. Each candidate had 3 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from 3 different groups. Two directors and one associate conducted my interview. All three focused primarily on fit and desire to be in the industry. The later was displayed through knowledge of recent deals and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the corporate fixed income markets moving?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Recruited from college, did a phone interview and skills test, later a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Skills Test Questions-What would you do/what would you bring as an analyst.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

first round phone interview - all technical accounting, valuation questions, answered none of them correctly
    superday - more fit/behavioral questions, one round of technical

Nothing negotiable

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Process took about 4 weeks total. Superday was at the office in Manhattan, consisted of 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews. Asked only behavioral and fit questions. This was for a position within Finance, interviews with people who worked in Finance, not HR. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.