Citi

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Process took about 4 weeks total. Superday was at the office in Manhattan, consisted of 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews. Asked only behavioral and fit questions. This was for a position within Finance, interviews with people who worked in Finance, not HR. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.

Summer Analyst Interview

They were very nice to talk to and helped guide me through questions I did not know how to fully answer. It was an overall very pleasant experience. Most of the questions they asked were fit questions and I was asked very few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What market do you think will be growing in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in August 2013.

The interview was 3 or 4 interviews back to back, each one was 30 minutes. It wasnt that hard for me, but I have heard other people thought it was so brush up the fundamentals of whatever languages you know, maybe some algo questions too. Only one of the interviewers really "grilled" me, everything else was smooth sailing. But in regards to the one hard interviewer, I've heard of other people having him, he just tries to stump you. After that I had a phone interview about a month later which was straight text book questions (i.e. what is polymorphism, how can i extend multiple interfaces, How can i extend multiple classes (that one was a trick, confused me for a bit cuz he sounded sure it was possible) ).

Interview Questions
    • I was how to detect if there is a loop in a singly linked list.
      After I got that right he asked me if i was designing a system with something like 10 different random components (all of which were valid things that he named such as VOIP) how would I go about implementing it, what languages would I use?

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Had one on campus interview. After one week received an email to attend a Superday interview. The Superday interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were not difficult. Just requires you to know CS fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP, Designing Efficiencies etc, but nothing too hard/in depth. And also be able to talk about your project if they are included in your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied online and received an immediate request for a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back within a week to attend Superday which consisted of two thirty minute interviews with employees.

Interview Questions
    • What is unified currency and do you believe it works/is effective?   Answer Question