Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview 30 min with HR first, passed. The notified to come to HQ for super day. over all very positive experience, very smooth and planning part was well done.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews for the Summer Financial Analyst Program with Citi. The first round was organized through a school career fair event, and I was invited back a few weeks later in their Long Island City office for their Super Day. The first interview was a phone interview, and the interviewer was an alumni for my college. It was mostly behavioral, and more conversational rather than the interview. The Super Day interview was conducted as 3 x 30 minute interviews at their office. Again, they were mostly behavioral questions, that the interviewers picked from a preset list of questions (which they chose on the spot). I did get one question though asking about annuities, only because I had used the word annuity on my resume. You shouldn't really expect technical questions. They also asked at the end of my Super Day interview, if I had any other pending offers/interviews. I did not, and that may have influenced HR's decision to accept me.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2014.

Interview

3 telephone interviews by three associates in IBD HK, from TMT and corporate finance group. it was around 30 minutes for each telephone interview. after tel interview, there will be a on site group interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 Rounds Interview in Sydney, interviews consists of behavioural and technical questions for both rounds, as well as a little brain teasers which you have to answer within a 1 minute timeframe. Motivation for why Global Markets is very important, as interviewers mainly walks through your resume.

Questions such as "If you have $1m dollars, how would you invest it and why?" requires a thought process of global themes and market movements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is 75/4 in 30 seconds.   1 Answer
    • You have 30 seconds, tell me how many hairdressers are there in Australia?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone with HR 1st round, asked about preference, description, experience, strenght, weakness, standard HR round questions.
     line manager 2nd round, technical and relevant aspects related to the role. Two managers asked questions in the interview

Interview Questions

• asked about interests, gave situational questions on the situation faced on the desk. The relevant experience to deal with stress and multi-tasking. Previous background in working with international team   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2015.

Interview

In Office first round of interviews for a summer internship in Sales and Trading.

I was interviewed twice, each time about 30 minutes by an Englishman 5I would say between 26 and 30 years old, Associate level). They were both very nice and did their best to put me at ease. It was much more of a conversation than an interview, nothing really technical, they just want to check our motivation and interest, as well as our work experience, and see if we will cope with high pressure.

Amazing view on London from the 36th floor!

Interview Questions

• Do you more or less know what a salesperson and a trader do? Which would be your preference?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have been invited to the next round, which will be the final one: the 6h30 assessment!

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was super nice and began by giving me an overview of the interview, which she said would be getting to know me and why I wanted citi. She ended up asking me some technical questions which I wasn't quite prepared for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting, went through preliminary interviews, and then got called to NYC for superday interview. I had six several minute interviews (I wan't to say 10 each) and the questions were pretty rapid fire. Mostly fit questions, but several in a row and they were pretty thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to analyze a case study on parking economics.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very arbitrary process, they came to campus to present and then after the presentation had 'office hours' with the 4 MD's who came along, thats when a few people got invitations to their super day and a few got called to a 'First Round' at their office in New York. I was in the latter group. The first round was with two different people, one was behavioral and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the technical questions as they had mentioned that it would be a behavioral interview, in the Financial Institutional Group (one I interviewed for) they gave a lot of importance to technicals, asked me questions about accounting laws and related Financial statements   Answer Question