Citi

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question
No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2012.

It is not so hard. Many fundamental programming question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Why Citi? Why IB? What are ways to value companies? The interviewer was challenging but very nice. Asked me who the CEO, chairman and the presidents are and what the ratios are as well. Pretty straightforward but do need to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did Citigroup buy EMI ? What was the background?(since I mentioned the deal that Citi sold EMI to Universal and Sony)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

first round phone interview - all technical accounting, valuation questions, answered none of them correctly
    superday - more fit/behavioral questions, one round of technical

Nothing negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

2:1 interview, Resume Review, Why are you interested?, a few technical questions - walk me through a DCF, what are other types of valuations, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Did two 2 on 1 interviews, mostly fit - most important is to be relaxed and show them who you are, and to show interest, do some research about the group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me About Yourself   Answer Question
    • Why GTS? Are you sure you don't want to do something else traditional like banking or consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

This is for the IBD group at Citi.

My resume was submitted in the morning, and someone called me that afternoon to schedule a first round phone interview within the beginning of the next work week. The call was to two associates in the firm, on speakerphone, although only one spoke/asked questions. After running through my resume, we moved onto the technical portion of the interview. Typical questions were asked on Accounting (Income/Balance sheets) and Valuations (DCF, different valuation methods). The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, and at the end I was informed that I would be recommended for the next round. Someone called me later that evening to schedule the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an Income Statement line-by-line and explain what each line means.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

1st interview - phone, very general, all fit
    2nd interview - fit, but few based on current market conditions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Applied online, heard back 3 weeks later that I had gotten an interview. Interviewed on site, both interviews were behavioral and easy. They mainly talked about what they did and wanted to see what I had done in past experience and schooling and how it related to the internship. Very nice, wanted me to succeed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2010.

The group of candidates were interviewed in an auditorium. There were about 30 interviewers and 30 candidates. Each candidate had 3 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from 3 different groups. Two directors and one associate conducted my interview. All three focused primarily on fit and desire to be in the industry. The later was displayed through knowledge of recent deals and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the corporate fixed income markets moving?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - take it or leave it.