Citi Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

The interviewing was first done over the phone, then done in person in a super day. The whole process was stressful, and the questions were very thorough. The other candidates at the super day seemed very nervous.

Interview Questions
  • How much chocolate is consumed in New York every week?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

Mostly behavior. Didn't even ask why Citi, why capital markets. Interested in asking about non-finance related experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What options will you trade in current government shutdown and debt ceiling debate environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in August 2013.

The interview was 3 or 4 interviews back to back, each one was 30 minutes. It wasnt that hard for me, but I have heard other people thought it was so brush up the fundamentals of whatever languages you know, maybe some algo questions too. Only one of the interviewers really "grilled" me, everything else was smooth sailing. But in regards to the one hard interviewer, I've heard of other people having him, he just tries to stump you. After that I had a phone interview about a month later which was straight text book questions (i.e. what is polymorphism, how can i extend multiple interfaces, How can i extend multiple classes (that one was a trick, confused me for a bit cuz he sounded sure it was possible) ).

Interview Questions
    • I was how to detect if there is a loop in a singly linked list.
      After I got that right he asked me if i was designing a system with something like 10 different random components (all of which were valid things that he named such as VOIP) how would I go about implementing it, what languages would I use?

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

I had a first round interview in NYC and then was flown out to SF where I had a super day that consisted of eight 30 minute interviews, interviewers ranged from analyst to managing director. Most of the interviews were pretty technical - take me through how something would affect all four accounting statements, how would an i bank manipulate the stock price of a public company they represent, you own an ice cream truck company and you are thinking of expanding the business to meet demand how would you go about figuring out whether or not you need to and by how much.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some investment banking deals that you have been following in the past 6 months, also mention a merger and an acquisition that you have been following.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. I was extended an offer with a contract that included pay pro rated at 70k assuming 40 hour week and overtime above and beyond that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2012.

It is not so hard. Many fundamental programming question.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in December 2011.

Why Citi? Why IB? What are ways to value companies? The interviewer was challenging but very nice. Asked me who the CEO, chairman and the presidents are and what the ratios are as well. Pretty straightforward but do need to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did Citigroup buy EMI ? What was the background?(since I mentioned the deal that Citi sold EMI to Universal and Sony)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2011.

first round phone interview - all technical accounting, valuation questions, answered none of them correctly
    superday - more fit/behavioral questions, one round of technical

Nothing negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in February 2011.

2:1 interview, Resume Review, Why are you interested?, a few technical questions - walk me through a DCF, what are other types of valuations, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Did two 2 on 1 interviews, mostly fit - most important is to be relaxed and show them who you are, and to show interest, do some research about the group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me About Yourself   Answer Question
    • Why GTS? Are you sure you don't want to do something else traditional like banking or consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi in January 2011.

1st interview - phone, very general, all fit