Citi Summer Intern Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Miami, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Latin America internship program. The whole interview process was different than what other companies do. We had an online excel quiz followed by some questions related to our background. I was then asked to give a video interview with 4/5 questions and submit them online using the portal that they provided.

A week after I finished the video interview, I got a call informing me of my next round of phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview was more for me to ask questions about the job profile. The questions were very behavioral. Later, I was told in the same phone conversation that Spanish would be an added asset to your work experience but not a necessity. However, on realizing how much stress was implied on learning the language, I decided to take up online tutorials and pick up some of it before my internship began.

Interview Questions

• How will I overcome the issue of not knowing Spanish while dealing with clients that are from the Latin American region. What guidance would I require to accomplish my goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. The salary for the internship was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Campus interview and then super day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard package, no negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Passed the campus interview, designed to be technical, but turns out to be more behavior..
    went to the citi-superday, have four 30 minutes interviews with different managers, feel I did ok, but no offer...good experience to have though

Interview Questions

• If there is a request from a third party company for building a web service, what is the approach you will take?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview. Applied for HK Summer Intern and was in overseas so had 3 rounds of skype interview. All CV Based but pretty long. around 1 hour each. All of them are very nice, nothing fancy tho. Get Prepared for your CV and you will be perfectly fine.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

Online application and interview

Interview Questions

• Interview was quite general, easy. Make conversation and they will like you instantly   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very accommodating, very helpful and prompt

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was done with the HR person asking some general questions about my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses. Then, she scheduled for an 1:1 interview with a management person from HK who flew here. From my knowledge, there were several students from my school that got the interview. The 1:1 interview was harder. My friend who got the interview a few hours before me said he said her questions like did you read the newspaper headlines recently. But when he interviewed me, I was never asked that question. When I got to the interview, he asked me to start talking about myself and then he will jump me and start asking questions. He asked questions like why do you want to work at Citi, what do you know about citi, (he was looking for answers not just straight from their website. ), who do you consider to be citi's competitors and how is citi different from them, what do you know about banking. Those were the questions I remembered he asked. After the interview, I think I heard from them in a month or so because he had to go to other places to do interviews as well. A thing to note is that, they hire one person from each school. All the interns I met were all from different schools in UK, US, Canada, and HK.