Citi Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was easy I just attended the super day in the city as well as the other ivy league kids even though I am from rutgers. I also had the first round interviews on campus here the week before and they went well enough to allow me to advance on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They had a targeted candidates process before an on campus interview. The on campus interview was led by Analyst to Managing Director level bankers. There was 2 back-to-back 20 minute interviews with 2 bankers in each interview. After the interview, the decision making was very quick and there was no superday in New York, we heard back by phone that evening.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions, standard M&A, accounting, LBO understanding questions and why you wanted to work for Citi, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: basic technical questions such as DCF, behavioral. Second round: 5 back-to-back interviews, sometimes with 2 or 3 people at once. Technical and behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

First round starts off with 3 phone interviews, followed by the Super Day interview in New York. The Super Day interview consists of a few 1 on 1 interviews and a case study, which includes a written response and a group presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with current analyst, superday with three associates/vps. pretty much fit, some technical

Interview Questions

• Name some current economic issues   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Got the interview by applying online. The interview was held on campus and it was a 30 minute interview with 2 investment bankers interviewing me. First 15 minutes of the interview was a fit interview and the second half was more technical. Even though I did not do well in the technical portion the interviewers were pretty understanding about it as they knew I was not a business student. The interviewers also took the time after the interview to respond to my queries for feedback and they gave me very detailed and useful feedback.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Why investment banking? Why m&a? Why should we take you? How did the market go in the last year? Which are main valuation methods? Describe them. What is difference between precedent transaction method and comparable method of valuation? What was your dissertation about

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Super-day consisted to 3 interviews, and varied from 2 technical to 1 behavioral/current events interview. The interviews are easy as long as you know your technical stuff.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the positives and negatives of all the different valuation techniques   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Applied through University Career Services and submitted application, CV, and Cover Letter. Was contacted to take numerical test for the company. After the passing the first, the first round of interviews were 2 interviews, 25 minutes each. The interviews were conducted via phone, and were done with only one person. Initially both interviews consisted of asking about work experience, fit questions, why Citi, and why investment banking. Later on the interview very easy technical questions were asked about portfolio diversification and portfolio correlation.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major, why should we hire you for an investment banking position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2012.

Interview

phone interviews by 3 different persons from HK, get an final interview next morning