Citi

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

Interview Details – They had a targeted candidates process before an on campus interview. The on campus interview was led by Analyst to Managing Director level bankers. There was 2 back-to-back 20 minute interviews with 2 bankers in each interview. After the interview, the decision making was very quick and there was no superday in New York, we heard back by phone that evening.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, standard M&A, accounting, LBO understanding questions and why you wanted to work for Citi, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – First round starts off with 3 phone interviews, followed by the Super Day interview in New York. The Super Day interview consists of a few 1 on 1 interviews and a case study, which includes a written response and a group presentation.

Interview Question – What's your favorite color?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – First round: basic technical questions such as DCF, behavioral.
Second round: 5 back-to-back interviews, sometimes with 2 or 3 people at once. Technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – What are three traits that don't describe you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with current analyst, superday with three associates/vps. pretty much fit, some technical

Interview Question – Name some current economic issues   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got the interview by applying online. The interview was held on campus and it was a 30 minute interview with 2 investment bankers interviewing me. First 15 minutes of the interview was a fit interview and the second half was more technical. Even though I did not do well in the technical portion the interviewers were pretty understanding about it as they knew I was not a business student. The interviewers also took the time after the interview to respond to my queries for feedback and they gave me very detailed and useful feedback.

Interview Question – What is an example of a market multiple?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Why investment banking? Why m&a?
Why should we take you?
How did the market go in the last year?
Which are main valuation methods? Describe them. What is difference between precedent transaction method and comparable method of valuation?
What was your dissertation about

Interview Question – Some tricky questions on numbers   Answer Question

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Super-day consisted to 3 interviews, and varied from 2 technical to 1 behavioral/current events interview. The interviews are easy as long as you know your technical stuff.

Interview Question – Discuss the positives and negatives of all the different valuation techniques   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Summer Investment Banking Analyst
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied through University Career Services and submitted application, CV, and Cover Letter. Was contacted to take numerical test for the company.

After the passing the first, the first round of interviews were 2 interviews, 25 minutes each. The interviews were conducted via phone, and were done with only one person. Initially both interviews consisted of asking about work experience, fit questions, why Citi, and why investment banking. Later on the interview very easy technical questions were asked about portfolio diversification and portfolio correlation.

Interview Question – If you are not a finance major, why should we hire you for an investment banking position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2012.

Interview Details – phone interviews by 3 different persons from HK, get an final interview next morning

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2010.

Interview Details – Selection process consists of two rounds:

Round 1: Two 1:1 interviews with Associates. Supposedly competency-based but the interviewers actually asked about general background, motivation, one brain teaser and some basic valuation questions

Round 2: One case study - report and presentation to an assessor and three 1:1 interviews on motivation, past experiences, technical knowledge and markets issues.

Interview Question – brain teasers   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!