Citi Technical Analyst Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Binghamton, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

Interview process was standard like the other companies. The are expecting detailed explanations about your resume and detailed explanation for your projects that you engaged or generated by yourself. Sometimes they are asking tricky questions about data structures and java, but these can be depends on your skills.

Interview Questions
  • As a general question, tell me about your weaknesses, the most tricky question for me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Basic computer science fundamentals, algorithms and JAVA/C++ questions. 5 rounds of interview for FT

Technical Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

took interview, then received offer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

I applied online in mid December for the same position in Dublin and Belfast after seeing the advert posted on a graduate website for the Belfast. I had to write a cover letter, complete the online application and attach my CV. The process was fast tracked and I was straight away invited to an assessment centre about a week after applying. The day before the assessment centre I got a phone call saying they had delayed the interview due to bad weather in Belfast. A new date was set in mid January which involved me flying home early from England. There was two assessment centres run on the same day consisting of 15 people in each group, I went for the later time. It went on for over 4 hours. We all arrived and put into a room where we just discussed amongst ourself until everything was set up.

They then split us into two groups one group did the interviews while the other did the test. I had disclosed I was dyslexia and wanted extra time so that I was sure I knew what the question was looking for but they called everyone else name out and left me waiting on my own for 5 minutes before I told that I was going to have a second technical interview instead with the manager of the hole dept.

The first interview was a technical interview with a very friendly manger, it was just me pretty much talking about my background and my interest in my role nothing too difficult at all. The next interview was an competency interview with a guy from the HR team again really friendly and relaxed attitude, I had prepared a few questions for this interview (Look up STAR for how to answer question) so it was really easy and he ran out of time and just flew through a few things and I didnt have time to ask him any questions. Then straight into the interview with the manger of the hold dept this was horrible, asked me questions on material I had covered 2/3 years ago in college which I could barely or could not remember. He didnt write down a lot of stuff while I was talking and made me feel really uncomfortable and felt really low about myself at that point as didnt know some of the stuff he was asking. He didnt say much and I wasnt sure if I was answering the questions correctly. Made me question myself about if I really wanted the role as well if I had to answer to someone like him.

Went back to the room and told the other candidates how horrible the interview went but no one else had him.

They split us again for the group exercise where we had to read a few pages for 10 minutes then discuss it for 30 minutes and present it at the end. The paper was on some business that did insurance on homes and cars but had major flaws in them and we had to come up with 3 ways to improve the business. My group wasnt the best and one girl kept going on and on about the same thing and wouldnt shut up. While I just agreed with two other peoples ideas and said how I though it was a good idea and came up with my own. Told the group as well we where running out of time but the same girl again would not shut up and we didnt have time to present anything.

They brought us back to the room and told us that my group was the only group that day that didnt make it to presentation but normally no one reaches the presentation stage.

Finally they set us on our way at half 6, later that week I got feedback which was actually quite positive and pretty much got full marks for both the group and competency interviews. No offer was made yet but they said they would be in touch. The next week I phone them up asking what is going on but the person I had been in contact with was out sick so was put on to someone else who didnt know too much about it. The week after that I got a email saying they are still waiting for approval but things look very positive. The following week I get a phone call saying they were finally in a position to offer me a position. Was told out of 32 people interviewed 14 had been offered positions. Its nearly a week now since that phone call and I have yet to get the contract. They are very slow at doing everything.

Applied in mid December, interview in mid January, offer in mid February and due to start in mid March.

I have also done/invited to do an online test for the Dublin office which was just figuring what came next in the sequence of shapes.

Interview Questions
    Nothing, same offer to everyone so didnt bother trying to negotiate.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!