Citi

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Question – Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in November 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a Super Day with a lot of other students. Had multiple 1 on 1 interviews asking basic personality and programming questions. Officially applied to a position after and had another mini-Super Day with less applicants involved but far more in-depth interviews. Then had an hour to take a written test.

Interview Question – How do you swap two integer variables without using a temp variable?   View Answer

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Got an on-campus interview call

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details – School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in July 2011.

Interview Details – They called back more than 3 months after I applied online but the interview process was fast.
I had a phone interview initially about my current status, skills, availability, location preference etc .
Then I had 2 on site interviews on the same day. The first interview was technical and resume based, they asked me about the technologies I was good with and how I used it.
Second interview was more behavioral in nature, where the interviewer contrasted lots of scenarios.

Interview Question – How did you handle a colleague you think wasn't pulling his weight?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, there was no option to negotiate.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two back to back 45 minute phone interviews with a technology director. They asked mostly behavioral questions, although they did intertwine a few technical and "brain teasers." The first interviewer was good and really made me feel comfortable. My second interviewer was especially nice and spent a while talking about his experience in Citi and what an intern is expected to do.

Interview Question – What is an inner join in SQL?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview Details – Loads of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when....." I was able to nail the first few questions and get to know my interviewer on a personal level after he realized I was competent and had good people skills. He handed me the interview form and a pen and said "Fill it out with whatever your best answers are...I'm definitely recommending you for hire"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when something went drastically wrong on a project you were working on. How did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiating out of college. They give you a very competitive starting salary but are not very willing to negotiate much beyond that.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in May 2011.

Interview Details – HR Staff was very helpful. Interviewed with 3 managers. Mostly general/personal questions, some technical questions about programming experience.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between an object and an interface.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – School

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Apply online
2. Campus interview
3. 2-hour interview. 4 managers, 30 minutes each

Interview Question – What were the major challenges you experienced in your prior job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email to attend their "Technology Super Day" Interview process after dropping my resume to a Citi representative at my school's career fair. I accepted their invitation and went to New York for the interview. I had three 30 minute interviews with representatives from three different branches. The questions weren't too difficult and I had to walk each interviewer through my resume step by step.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Technology Analyst interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.