Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone call then got invited to super day which consists of three interviews followed by a written test.
Phone interview consisted of a lot of oop question. No algorithms tho.
1st round: went over resume and some oop questions.
2nd round : same
3rd round: it was more of an hr interview but he asked a couple of oop questions too.

Interview Questions

• some oop question. The written test was very lengthy, it had brain teasers, coding, sql and finance question. I took the interview on march 27 and still have not heard back so comment below if you are in the same boat.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview.

1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures.
    2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc.
    After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour.

The test had four parts:

Part I : Java coding
    Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like:
    a. Merging two sorted list
    b. Reversing array elements
    c. Palindrome
    d. Difference between array and linked list
    e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order)

Part II : Brain Teaser

Three brain teasers
    a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water.
    b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable.

Part III: SQL

Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff.

Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard.

Part IV:

Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc.

The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test.

Third Round
    Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Referred by a friend and interviewed soon after. Met with two different levels of management. A portion of the interview included reading a contract and analyzing parts of it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview call

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Went to a Super Day with a lot of other students. Had multiple 1 on 1 interviews asking basic personality and programming questions. Officially applied to a position after and had another mini-Super Day with less applicants involved but far more in-depth interviews. Then had an hour to take a written test.

Interview Questions

• How do you swap two integer variables without using a temp variable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two back to back 45 minute phone interviews with a technology director. They asked mostly behavioral questions, although they did intertwine a few technical and "brain teasers." The first interviewer was good and really made me feel comfortable. My second interviewer was especially nice and spent a while talking about his experience in Citi and what an intern is expected to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

They called back more than 3 months after I applied online but the interview process was fast.
    I had a phone interview initially about my current status, skills, availability, location preference etc .
    Then I had 2 on site interviews on the same day. The first interview was technical and resume based, they asked me about the technologies I was good with and how I used it.
    Second interview was more behavioral in nature, where the interviewer contrasted lots of scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a colleague you think wasn't pulling his weight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, there was no option to negotiate.