Citi

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for an internship

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in October 2012.

School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in January 2008.

The interview day gave me a rather positive impression towards Citi.

In the morning, there are maths and logic tests followed by 3 one-to-one interviews with managers. The tests are about 20 minutes each and relatively straight forward. My interviewers were quite friendly as well and 2/3 of them felt more like conversations; conversations about my past experience, what I would do in certain scenarios and a few questions testing my technical expertise. The interviews did not have much of the usual pointless HR questions you might get asked, such as "why do you want to work with us?" or "have you used technology?", which seemed like the only thing that Goldman Sachs was interested in.

During lunch, you have a chance to speak to a few recent recruits and also given a project proposal to read. The tasks during the afternoon are based on this. First, you need to submit an essay about this project and also prepare some presentation material such as slides. Once this has been completed, you present the project to a manager and later you are grouped with a few other applicants to discuss the feasibility of the project and also try to improve the design.

This concludes the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • There was a financial question which I was asked, I forget the question, but it was about Citi and the current financial crisis.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Loads of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when....." I was able to nail the first few questions and get to know my interviewer on a personal level after he realized I was competent and had good people skills. He handed me the interview form and a pen and said "Fill it out with whatever your best answers are...I'm definitely recommending you for hire"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something went drastically wrong on a project you were working on. How did you react?   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiating out of college. They give you a very competitive starting salary but are not very willing to negotiate much beyond that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in March 2012.

I had two back to back 45 minute phone interviews with a technology director. They asked mostly behavioral questions, although they did intertwine a few technical and "brain teasers." The first interviewer was good and really made me feel comfortable. My second interviewer was especially nice and spent a while talking about his experience in Citi and what an intern is expected to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in May 2011.

HR Staff was very helpful. Interviewed with 3 managers. Mostly general/personal questions, some technical questions about programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between an object and an interface.   Answer Question

School

Technology Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

It was an on-campus interview for half an hour. The company never responded back even after sending atleast 5 emails to 3 different HRs.