Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for an internship

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions

• The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview day gave me a rather positive impression towards Citi. In the morning, there are maths and logic tests followed by 3 one-to-one interviews with managers. The tests are about 20 minutes each and relatively straight forward. My interviewers were quite friendly as well and 2/3 of them felt more like conversations; conversations about my past experience, what I would do in certain scenarios and a few questions testing my technical expertise. The interviews did not have much of the usual pointless HR questions you might get asked, such as "why do you want to work with us?" or "have you used technology?", which seemed like the only thing that Goldman Sachs was interested in. During lunch, you have a chance to speak to a few recent recruits and also given a project proposal to read. The tasks during the afternoon are based on this. First, you need to submit an essay about this project and also prepare some presentation material such as slides. Once this has been completed, you present the project to a manager and later you are grouped with a few other applicants to discuss the feasibility of the project and also try to improve the design. This concludes the interview day.

Interview Questions

• There was a financial question which I was asked, I forget the question, but it was about Citi and the current financial crisis.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview. 1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures. 2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc. After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour. The test had four parts: Part I : Java coding Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like: a. Merging two sorted list b. Reversing array elements c. Palindrome d. Difference between array and linked list e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order) Part II : Brain Teaser Three brain teasers a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water. b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable. Part III: SQL Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff. Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard. Part IV: Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc. The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test. Third Round Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question. The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance   Answer Question

Negotiation

got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviewing. I had a phone interview that was more technical for my first round. The second round consisted of 2 interview with 2 different people. Everyone was very friendly and down-to-earth. Every person I spoke with was very insightful and professional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone call then got invited to super day which consists of three interviews followed by a written test. Phone interview consisted of a lot of oop question. No algorithms tho. 1st round: went over resume and some oop questions. 2nd round : same 3rd round: it was more of an hr interview but he asked a couple of oop questions too.

Interview Questions

• some oop question. The written test was very lengthy, it had brain teasers, coding, sql and finance question. I took the interview on march 27 and still have not heard back so comment below if you are in the same boat.   Answer Question