Citi

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Loads of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when....." I was able to nail the first few questions and get to know my interviewer on a personal level after he realized I was competent and had good people skills. He handed me the interview form and a pen and said "Fill it out with whatever your best answers are...I'm definitely recommending you for hire"

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when something went drastically wrong on a project you were working on. How did you react?   Answer Question
Not a lot of room for negotiating out of college. They give you a very competitive starting salary but are not very willing to negotiate much beyond that.

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Received an email to attend their "Technology Super Day" Interview process after dropping my resume to a Citi representative at my school's career fair. I accepted their invitation and went to New York for the interview. I had three 30 minute interviews with representatives from three different branches. The questions weren't too difficult and I had to walk each interviewer through my resume step by step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2009.

1. Apply online
    2. Campus interview
    3. 2-hour interview. 4 managers, 30 minutes each

Interview Questions
    • What were the major challenges you experienced in your prior job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

one hour written technical test based on programs related to OOPS, recursion, SQL and a little bit of networking. After that 3 back to back interviews with 3 groups having 2 managers in each group.

The interviewer are friendly and gives you chance to think. Prepare yourself for linked list, inheritance, data structures, trees and SQL based questions like joins and dependencies. Be ready to write program on paper. Explain previous school projects etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of your question will be related to data structures. So, it may be difficult for you if your basics are not clear.   Answer Question
    They have a standard and they offer one of the best package in the market. So there is nothing much to negotiate.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance

Answer Question
    got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

I have applied through their web site and after 1 month they have contacted me do a logical test. The next step was 2-part phone interview with two people from the technology department. The questions were mostly competency based questions.
    Two days later I was invited to take part in the Assessment Center, where I had to write a report based on a document and also prepare for a presentation. Moreover I had 3 face-to-face interviews, the presentation, and one logical test on their computers privided by TalentQ.

Technology Analyst Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions
    • The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for an internship

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.