Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Technology Graduate Leadership Program
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2013.

Interview Details – I gave my CV to the Citi on a job-expo, but that time there was no open job fro fresh graduate. So they contacted me later, the recruitment sourcer asked me that this program can be interesting for me. So I thought why not, lets give a try. I passed all the numerical, verbal test, and the first phone-interview where they tested my English too. After they sent me an invitation for the AC. The AC started at 8:30 and I was the first one who finish with all the interviews, so I was leaving the building aroud 14:30.
AC started with a very detailed presentation about the company and the program. After we had to fill 2 tests, one English grammer, one IT. Enlgsi test was really easy and basic. IT test was easy but tricky. I was not expecting this kind a questions, it was more about Microsoft products and handeling simple softvers. There some international questions like a bit Geography, time zones and national days of countries. This also surprised me.
After they seperated us for small groups, and we had to do 3 group exersize. They were not easy at all! Our native language is not English so it challenged us to understand what to do and also how to get some solutions. Everybody found it a bit hard.
After a big break we did our presentations, and had an HR interwiev. Presentation was really great for me, they are very strickt with the 5 min, but as I am very use to this, it was easy for me be in time. Questions were good, all the managers were extemrly kind. Even the day was not easy for me, best AC experience ever!!!

Interview Question – Write down all the countries where the spanish language is spoken. - This was just unexpected.

How do you handle your weaknesses? - This was ok, but still be careful with the answer
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had decline a very very good offer... When they called me few weeks before that am I interested in this oppurtinity, I started the whole converstation with my studies, that I can not start working before 1st of July. They called me back, it wont be a problem, so lets apply. I did, I went the AC, so they called me after one week with an amazing offer. I opened the mail, and everything was more what I accepted. At the end I saw that I have to start at June... So I wrote back that this is not what we talked about at leas 3 times, I even have a written "converstation" about this. Now everything was for the nothing, I am very very dissapointed. I think I wont get a new offer with the new starting date, I did not get any answer for my last e-mail. At the beggining I told that I apply if for sure I can start in July. Now I feel awful, declining a dream job with awsome salary, but there is no way I can start in June, because I have exams and the big final examination to graduate. I am very disappointed, I feel they misled me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Technology Graduate Leadership Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.