Citi

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and a few days later received a phone call from a recruiter and wanted to set up an interview. Then I met with 2 managers and then a few days later, 1 more interview. No crazy questions..they're just looking to see if you have great customer service skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a bad experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since what they offered was great.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a beautiful, easy process. On Tuesday, the recruiter called & asked if I was still interested in working for Citi. (I was declined 6 months earlier.) I said yes. Then branch manager called literally 10 minutes later to schedule an interview for the next day, Wednesday. On Thursday, I was offered the job. And 2 weeks later, I was in orientation.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Easy. They made an offer & I accepted.

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Question – Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
  Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Question – basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through other source and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – They asked about my previous experience. they are looking to see if you have previous retail experience, they are focused on customer service. Also, they want to make sure your are goal driven and will help meet the goals of the bank, that you can REFER and SELL.

Interview Question – What were your goals from previous companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12,000 yearly plus benefits

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Phone interview went very well. There were no questions that I find difficult. Basically just asking for my career background, previous job experience, why applying to their company, etc. They said will call again in 7-10 days but it has been two weeks and no word from them yet.

Teller

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online application: Smooth and relatively easy. Included an assessment that took about 15 mins to complete.
Phone interview: Simple questions; went over employment and education history. Then asked a few situational questions.
In-person interview: Sat down with the branch and assistant branch managers. 3 step interview process: employment/education history/experience. More behavioral/situational questions, and then time for me to ask a few questions. This is were things went south for me-I was not fond of the branch managers personality or lack of professionalism. She stated her expectations of the position (which was absolute perfection, OR ELSE!). Overall she did not make me want to work for her or for the company.
Overal the process was relatively easy. HR was slow to respond and took a few days to return my calls. It was over a week between my phone interview and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Citibank?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose the teller position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you came across an internal error, how did you react and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortably selling services including credit cards and are you uneasy about the daily sales goals?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were most satisfied at work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was very enthusiastic about the position until the in person interview. The branch manager and assistant manager were not on the same page and that produced an awkward interview for me. I was not impressed the the branch managers professionalism and her ludicrous expectations. She did not make me want to work for her, or for the company

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Signed up online and they called me. In the phone call you will have to find a time to interview through phone. They call at the exact time specified. The interview was filled with behavioral questions. They focus a lot on customer service. They say they will email or call you back but they didn't.

Interview Question – They asked situational questions like how would you handle selling our products.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone interview, then I had a interview with the area manager, after that I meet with the branch manager. the process took about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions are very basic. (education, experience, etc.) Employers want to make sure the person can do the job he/she applied.   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!