Citi

Citi Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – I just got the phone interview with 6 questions.
1-Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.
2-What skill do you have as a cashier?
3-why do you want to work for citi?
4-why should we hire you?
5-Why did you leave your last job?
6-What is your ideal job?
7-Describe your duties as a cashier.
8- Describe your duties as a Costumer Service.
9-Tell me about your last job.
10- there is one more but i cant recall what the question was.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you gave excellent Costumer Service.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone interview, then I had a interview with the area manager, after that I meet with the branch manager. the process took about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions are very basic. (education, experience, etc.) Employers want to make sure the person can do the job he/she applied.   Answer Question

Teller

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online application: Smooth and relatively easy. Included an assessment that took about 15 mins to complete.
Phone interview: Simple questions; went over employment and education history. Then asked a few situational questions.
In-person interview: Sat down with the branch and assistant branch managers. 3 step interview process: employment/education history/experience. More behavioral/situational questions, and then time for me to ask a few questions. This is were things went south for me-I was not fond of the branch managers personality or lack of professionalism. She stated her expectations of the position (which was absolute perfection, OR ELSE!). Overall she did not make me want to work for her or for the company.
Overal the process was relatively easy. HR was slow to respond and took a few days to return my calls. It was over a week between my phone interview and in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Citibank?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose the teller position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you came across an internal error, how did you react and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortably selling services including credit cards and are you uneasy about the daily sales goals?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were most satisfied at work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was very enthusiastic about the position until the in person interview. The branch manager and assistant manager were not on the same page and that produced an awkward interview for me. I was not impressed the the branch managers professionalism and her ludicrous expectations. She did not make me want to work for her, or for the company

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Question – basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Question – Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
  Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone called which was my first interview, then a personal interview, then another phone interview and last the offer for employment.

Interview Question – Would you be able to work weekends?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Queens Village, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went easy and very short the one to one interview was ok the branch manager was strict person but very professional .. easy questions mostly I would say basic personal and bank related questions Overall it was a very easy and fair interview

Delray Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for teller openings in the Palm Beach County area in early Sept. and got an email from Citi HR to set up a telephone interview. HR called me at my appt. time SHARP, so make sure you are near the phone. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. She told me right away I did well and seemed like I would be a match for the position. She told me there were a number of branches opening in the PBC area and that one of the hiring managers would contact me in a week or so. I have received zero communication since then...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with multiple requests?   View Answer
  • Specifically, what is the extent of your cash handling experience?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2012.

Interview Details – i applied online, and received an email to schedule a phone interview. A recruiter called me a day later scheduled and interview for the next day over the phone. Called me and asked a few basic questions..just waiting for the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!