Citi

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Phone interview went very well. There were no questions that I find difficult. Basically just asking for my career background, previous job experience, why applying to their company, etc. They said will call again in 7-10 days but it has been two weeks and no word from them yet.

Teller

I applied through other source and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – They asked about my previous experience. they are looking to see if you have previous retail experience, they are focused on customer service. Also, they want to make sure your are goal driven and will help meet the goals of the bank, that you can REFER and SELL.

Interview Question – What were your goals from previous companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12,000 yearly plus benefits

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details – Signed up online and they called me. In the phone call you will have to find a time to interview through phone. They call at the exact time specified. The interview was filled with behavioral questions. They focus a lot on customer service. They say they will email or call you back but they didn't.

Interview Question – They asked situational questions like how would you handle selling our products.   Answer Question

Queens Village, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went easy and very short the one to one interview was ok the branch manager was strict person but very professional .. easy questions mostly I would say basic personal and bank related questions Overall it was a very easy and fair interview

Delray Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for teller openings in the Palm Beach County area in early Sept. and got an email from Citi HR to set up a telephone interview. HR called me at my appt. time SHARP, so make sure you are near the phone. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. She told me right away I did well and seemed like I would be a match for the position. She told me there were a number of branches opening in the PBC area and that one of the hiring managers would contact me in a week or so. I have received zero communication since then...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with multiple requests?   View Answer
  • Specifically, what is the extent of your cash handling experience?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in April 2012.

Interview Details – i applied online, and received an email to schedule a phone interview. A recruiter called me a day later scheduled and interview for the next day over the phone. Called me and asked a few basic questions..just waiting for the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone called which was my first interview, then a personal interview, then another phone interview and last the offer for employment.

Interview Question – Would you be able to work weekends?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview.
Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details – apply application online then wait for a phone call to schedule a phone interview then wait for calls to schedule onsite interview.

Interview Question – basically questions about dealing with customers and handling tasks   Answer Question

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and less than a week later they called me to schedule a phone interview. The next day i received the call for the interview, pretty basic questions as you can see below. The interview lasted 20 minutes, i will be waiting for theyre response in 7-10 days if the branch manager likes me.

Interview Question – Why citi?

Why should we hire you?

Have you had cash handling exp?

Have you had exp with sales?

are you bilingual in spanish?

Experience with difficult customers?

How long have you been unemployed?
  Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!