Citi Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.3

Teller Interview

Interview

Signed up online and they called me. In the phone call you will have to find a time to interview through phone. They call at the exact time specified. The interview was filled with behavioral questions. They focus a lot on customer service. They say they will email or call you back but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions like how would you handle selling our products.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview went very well. There were no questions that I find difficult. Basically just asking for my career background, previous job experience, why applying to their company, etc. They said will call again in 7-10 days but it has been two weeks and no word from them yet.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

They asked about my previous experience. they are looking to see if you have previous retail experience, they are focused on customer service. Also, they want to make sure your are goal driven and will help meet the goals of the bank, that you can REFER and SELL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

12,000 yearly plus benefits

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citi (Queens Village, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview went easy and very short the one to one interview was ok the branch manager was strict person but very professional .. easy questions mostly I would say basic personal and bank related questions Overall it was a very easy and fair interview

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (Delray Beach, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for teller openings in the Palm Beach County area in early Sept. and got an email from Citi HR to set up a telephone interview. HR called me at my appt. time SHARP, so make sure you are near the phone. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. She told me right away I did well and seemed like I would be a match for the position. She told me there were a number of branches opening in the PBC area and that one of the hiring managers would contact me in a week or so. I have received zero communication since then...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with multiple requests?   1 Answer
    • Specifically, what is the extent of your cash handling experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi in April 2012.

Interview

i applied online, and received an email to schedule a phone interview. A recruiter called me a day later scheduled and interview for the next day over the phone. Called me and asked a few basic questions..just waiting for the 1:1 interview.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citi in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later received a phone call from a recruiter and wanted to set up an interview. Then I met with 2 managers and then a few days later, 1 more interview. No crazy questions..they're just looking to see if you have great customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bad experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since what they offered was great.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi in June 2011.

Interview

Received a phone called which was my first interview, then a personal interview, then another phone interview and last the offer for employment.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online, HR called me 3 months later, phone call interview and finally manager interview. Easy questions related to different referrals case scenarios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (Wichita Falls, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with an application and a short, timed, math and reading tests. These tests are pretty simple and just check mathematical skills. During the group interview, a panel asks you questions about your personality, strengths and weaknesses and assesses your ability to communicate and problem solve.