Citi Trends

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

First Assistant Manager Interview

First Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Citi Trends.

Interview Details – Process took about a week very easy and simple. You have to pass a test in order for your application to be sent to the location your applying for. You have to pass a background check for everybody and managers must pass both background and drug test.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Second Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi Trends in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online took a timed test 6min got a call 2-3 weeks later for the grand opening for the Taylors store in SC. The SM and DM there was awesome love them. Started temp then hired on part time promoted to ASM 1 year later. I loved working for this company until I transferred to the Texas store different experience there store quality was horrible internal mess!

Interview Question – when you know a customer is wrong but policy is customers always right how do you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take what there offering when your just starting out in retail theirs always opportunity with this company just work hard and they will notice

Florissant, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citi Trends in March 2012.

Interview Details – I first met some of employees and had small talk with them as I waited for my interview. The store manager came promptly and the interview began shortly after greeting. We sat down and as she overlooked my resume she began to ask questions about it and my reasons for applying. Shortly after I was asked when I could start.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult or unexpected question. Every question pretty much transitioned to the next one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate time and date of interview.

Suffolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi Trends in July 2010.

Interview Details – Put in my Application for 2 locations and was called to interview at both. About 2 days later, suffolk location called me first and offered me the job. The interview was about 30 minutes long for both. Pretty much was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was, for me, the most difficult question most employers ask. "What was the most difficult customer (problem) that you encountered and how did you solve it or reach a resolution? "   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

First Assistant Manager Interview

First Assistant Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi Trends in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager, then with district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't a real negotiation, I told them what I wanted, they told me what they were gonna give me....The End

PT Sales Associate Interview

PT Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi Trends.

Interview Details – Put in an application online and was called 2 days later for an interview. Went to the interview and was asked to come to a 2nd interview the next day. I was called about 2 days later and told I did a very good job and now all they needed to do was give me a background check. I was called 3 days later and told I had the job.

Interview Question – None really smooth and easy basic questions   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi Trends in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on Saturday Oct. 12. Got a call on Monday Oct.14 to come in the next to do an interview (which is today). The interview was easy and okay. It took 30-40 minutes. He asked about availability, transportation to and from work and dependability. He asked about first job i ever held (which was Mcdonalds) and how long i worked there (which was OJT through school year). Then he went on asking 10-15 customer service and job related experience questions which usually goes like this......Describe a time that you went beyond expected of your employer and Describe a time when i dealt with a difficult rude customer and what did i do to resolve it and Describe a time when a friend or family wanted you to bend the rules with company's merchandise...and why do i want to work for Cititrends and so on and so on. Then after that he explained the job and that it was part-time and the pay and that he was sending my background in right after i leave and that he wanted me to start working by the end of the week and it should take the background check 2 days- a week to come back and at the most it could be 2 weeks. And that when he get the background check back and it was good that he was gonna call me back to fill out the paperwork and then i would start working asap.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a employee or supervisor wanted you to bend the rules or take company's merchandise and you knew it was wrong and also how did you go about it and what did you do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Mininum wage and after 3 months a raise and so on so on...

Freight Associate Interview

Freight Associate
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi Trends in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied late January, got a call in March. One very short interview. Not even really an interview. Asked about past experience then said what I would be doing. And asked about hours available. Drug tested and background check was done then I was hired.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi Trends in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on a Thursday called back on a Friday. I was interviewed for 10 minutes and given a tour of the store. The interview was pretty simple such as name a time when you came in contact with a not so nice customer. How would you describe yourself...

Interview Question – What are one of your worst qualities....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not one at all

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi Trends.

Interview Details – I applied multiple times to several stores before being called for an interview. It had been about 2 weeks between this particular application and the call I received from the store manager to schedule an interview the following week. The interview lasted less than 30 minutes and was one-on-one with the store manager.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic. They pretty much already know whether or not they'll hire you based on your experience. They mostly asked questions on past jobs and availability. Also, they asked if you I was very social or if I had a lot of friends. The explanation was that internal theft is rampant and they want to make sure if you're high risk or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you either take minimum wage or don't accept the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi Trends

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Trends interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi Trends employees and interview candidates.