Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Vice President level position in New York. Had a phone screen with HR. Went to office for first round and met with two people. Came back and met with group leader for final round. About two weeks later they called and gave an offer.

BUT, they RENEG'ed on the offer. When they gave me the offer on Tuesday they told me needed a decision within 24 hours. When I called later that Tuesday to ask if it would be possible to have a little more time to decide, they said "I think we should part ways, you don't sound interested enough" and the pulled the offer.

This story isn't exaggerated at all. Never have I experienced something so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They withdrew the offer when I asked if it was possible to have a little more time to decide on it. I was visiting my family the next day and wanted to talk to them about it before making my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2012.

HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Initially applied for a job outside my skill set. Recruiter contacted me and proposed another job. 8 interviews about four weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How will I handle the fast, intense and big company given that I was coming from a much smaller company   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as the salary was significantly more than my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2010.

One of my friends referred my name to the hiring manager. However, the whole process has to go through HR. The initial interview was a phone screen, which was quite easy. Questions about my current job, my career path, why Citigroup, etc.
    After that it took them about 10 days to get back to me for the second round of interviews on site. The technical interview was somewhat deep (C++/Java) and I met with 5 different people (roughly 30 to 40 min each). A week later, I went for drug testing. About 10 days after that, I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your management philosophy?   View Answer
    • Describe in detail memory management in Java   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation - I was able to get a 5% bump on the base salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge