Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

3 stage process with 3 different individuals and finally one panel interview.
Was both technical and behavioral.....

Interview Questions
  • why do you plan to leave your current firm and join this role which offers just a little more pay,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi in June 2009.

My hiring process was very brief in that I already worked at a company that Citi worked closely with. They had already reviewed my experience and spoken to my boss so there were no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be willing to travel is always the hardest for me, neither party seems to know exact on that one.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. I already had a relationship with the company so I received the same salary and that was fine.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2009.

I went for an experienced role so all the interviews were all 1:1 interviews. Met the hiring manager the first time, and had a half an hour meeting, talking about the role and requirements for the role, and also about my previous work experience. Subsequently I met the rest of the team, also similar interview format, and finally the head of the business to get the final OK.

Interview Questions
    • We are only looking for the best people, how do you think you stand out among the other candidates?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2009.

I couldn't possibly tell anyone how (citi asorbed the company i started with.) by happenstance I suppose. Current employees are generally unable to get interviewed for lateral or promotional moves. Employment decesion are made in a vacuum.

Interview Questions
    • Citi never sleeps are you willing to give it 100%? 100% means that you work a minimum of 168 hours a week, changes can only happen at 3 AM and often means that you will be staying the night at the office.   View Answer

Current employee, just lamenting, this though exagerated some, is essentially true. Citi doesn't allow the development of tools to work smarter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in June 2013.

Vice President level position in New York. Had a phone screen with HR. Went to office for first round and met with two people. Came back and met with group leader for final round. About two weeks later they called and gave an offer.

BUT, they RENEG'ed on the offer. When they gave me the offer on Tuesday they told me needed a decision within 24 hours. When I called later that Tuesday to ask if it would be possible to have a little more time to decide, they said "I think we should part ways, you don't sound interested enough" and the pulled the offer.

This story isn't exaggerated at all. Never have I experienced something so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They withdrew the offer when I asked if it was possible to have a little more time to decide on it. I was visiting my family the next day and wanted to talk to them about it before making my decision.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2010.

As with any Investment bank interviewing is a lengthy process here and you need to make sure you get a favourable feedback from all your interviewers to get the offer. Depenfing on the level of your sought position you may be interviewed by the Head of Depertment to a few juniors to make sure you "fit well" with the team. So please bring out your personality as much as your professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be doing in next 5-10 years,   View Answer
    In my case being humble worked very much in my favour, I got a nice increase to my previous salary, without asking that much.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2009.

interview process was as usual