Citi Vice President Interview Questions

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2009.

3 stage process with 3 different individuals and finally one panel interview.
Was both technical and behavioral.....

Interview Questions
  • why do you plan to leave your current firm and join this role which offers just a little more pay,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2010.

Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi in October 2013.

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   View Answer
    I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2012.

HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Citi in January 2012.

Started with a phone interview with HR, mostly standard personality question.

This followed up with another phone interview with the Hiring manager then 2 face to face interviews with other managers in the company. Most of the interviews were personality and culture related with some technical questions mixed in.

The whole process was quick and efficient. They made me an offer 1 week after the final interview which I gladly accepted. Super happy to work for Citi!

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you suggested a change and it was not accepted. How did you react?   View Answer
    They offered me more than I asked, so no negotioations.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in January 2009.

interview process was as usual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in June 2009.

My hiring process was very brief in that I already worked at a company that Citi worked closely with. They had already reviewed my experience and spoken to my boss so there were no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be willing to travel is always the hardest for me, neither party seems to know exact on that one.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. I already had a relationship with the company so I received the same salary and that was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I had an HR phone screen interview, then was invited to come in and do a 1:1 interview with three members of the leadership team. After which, I had two phone interviews with prospective peers and a hiring manager. Lastly, I met with the head of the US business. These were all good interviews with good feedback at all stages direct from the HR person who was coordinating the interview efforts. I had a total of 5 interviews. As I am finding, HR processes for large companies are quite fractured. In this case, it took 4 weeks after those interviews to hear anything back from the company. The seniormost HR person basically took the stance of "It's not you, it's us" to explain why they decided to do nothing with the open requisition for the job I was posting for. They never once stated my credentials or fit were in question, just that their internal structure was broken and execs were not in the same place at the same time to make a decision. My advise to those interviewing at senior levels with large banks like citi is, be prepared for the process to take longer than expected. I was consistent in my communication to managers within the business, but still felt a strong boundary between HR and the hiring manager about next steps. Neither was talking much to each other. I am wiser for the experience, but a waste of my time nonetheless.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!