Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Straightforward interview but stress industry knowledge

one way with them making offer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Citigroup uses behavior-based interviewing, through which you are asked to describe a situation, the task, the actions you took and the outcomes. The goal is to get more than a hypothetical response from the applicant by asking for examples of how an applicant actually handled, managed or worked through a specific situation or task. This gives the hiring manager a lot more detail about the individual and gives more information to base decisions upon, particularly when comparing situations to other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to give specific examples of situations you handled well, and try to anticipate, based on the job description, what questions they will ask of you. For example, in a leadership position, you may be asked to describe a time when you had to counsel a difficult employee through a difficult situation. Be prepared to give a specific situation, including the situation, the task or deficiency being addressed, the actions you took to correct it and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question
    They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2011.

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in January 2010.

Internal Posting - HR phone screening. One on one with hiring manager, then two one-on-ones with peers. Had two phone interviews due to location with senior managers who I would be working with.
    Outcome - expense reduction position placed on hold.
    Would have gotten the job except for the hiring freeze in this department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi in November 2009.

It was an in house promotion, was interviewed by 4 people. Frankly they already knew who they were going to hire so it was just an informal chat. As not to overly break any discrimination laws they interviewed 4 other people to make it look like it was a fair process. Of Course as a single parent i needed that extra money and job so I played along, but had been told 3 days earlier I would be getting the job

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, it was difficult reconciling in my mind that the whole hiring process for this position was just a show since i already knew i had the job. It was the 1st of many eye opening events of many to come on how Citi works around EEOC   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, I was told I had the job and the salary was set

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in September 2013.

I had 7 interviews, 6 1-2-1's standard 'talk me through your CV and give me examples when....' type of questions and a standard HR interview (but 1-2-1's continued after the HR interview).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions and a few scenario based questions but if you have enough experience it wouldn't be taxing.   Answer Question
    Was offered more than the number I stated but Citi were aware that I had other offers and was in the middle of other interview processes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Citi in October 2010.

Initially applied for a job outside my skill set. Recruiter contacted me and proposed another job. 8 interviews about four weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How will I handle the fast, intense and big company given that I was coming from a much smaller company   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate as the salary was significantly more than my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi in May 2007.

Fairly informal since I applied through a HR recruiter that contacted me. First did an HR screening then met with an SVP and 2 members of the team. Some minorly technical questions on financial and market analysis but answers were logical in nature. I got the offer so assume I did fine.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated the salary up a small percentage based on a current raise I received from my current job.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in January 2009.

I went for an experienced role so all the interviews were all 1:1 interviews. Met the hiring manager the first time, and had a half an hour meeting, talking about the role and requirements for the role, and also about my previous work experience. Subsequently I met the rest of the team, also similar interview format, and finally the head of the business to get the final OK.

Interview Questions
    • We are only looking for the best people, how do you think you stand out among the other candidates?   View Answer