Citi Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citi in December 2014.

Interview

The process took more than 3 months and did not even provide full closure at the end. The recruiter was a very poor communicator and could not get interviews with the relevant people lined up in a timely manner. He misconstrued information and failed to show any professional urgency. The interviews themselves had to be postponed and rescheduled on three occasions, with no or very little notice. After successfully interviewing with all stakeholders an in-person meet and greet was arranged where I had to fund my own trip to Delaware and take a day off work. I was informed a day later that I was 'the candidate of choice' and that Citi would be putting an offer together. two days later I received a very basic email simply stating 'we cannot move forward at this time due to your required compensation and relocation'. When I called to discuss this, the recruiter explained that my salary requirements were out of their range - this despite us agreeing on a ball park figure at the very start of the process - and that I would need an international relocation - this despite the position being in Delaware and me being based in Washington DC and not having even asked for relocation.

The process was unnecessarily long and arduous, poorly organized and even after successfully navigating the interview process they could not explain at all why they would not take the next step. They have been unprofessional, disrespectful and a waste of time and effort in every way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to reveal details of an offer I received from a competitor that I was concurrently interviewing with, which is highly unusual and unprofessional   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

The hiring process was factual and objective in regards to the previous experience the candidate has achieved throughout his/her career. There were no tricky questions and was related to the job and to all previous experiences related to the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable, as there is nothing difficult or unexpected during the process per se.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

HR set me up to interview with 4 managers which was completed in one day. I was called back for a second round with 4 different managers. All was fair and went very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Elk Grove Village, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

normal hiring/interview process, be careful of recruiter, they will lie about if you ask about future compensation(raise, bonus etc), put everything on the paper. Interview is long and lunch provided.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Referred by employee. Very quick response, initially. Was told I would hear back in two weeks. As of one month, hadn't received an update.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected if you prepare accordingly. Shouldn't really be any surprises. Good in-depth questions regarding experience and how one gets along with others on the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY).

Interview

My credentials were a perfect match for the position so i was confident going into the interviews. I met with about 5 people for about 45 mins each. They asked about my past experiences and seemed to be determining whether i would be a good fit for their team personality-wise.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not open to negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Joined as consultant detail interview includes technical questions and screening on knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

My hiring process was very brief in that I already worked at a company that Citi worked closely with. They had already reviewed my experience and spoken to my boss so there were no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing to travel is always the hardest for me, neither party seems to know exact on that one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. I already had a relationship with the company so I received the same salary and that was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Very comfortable, friendly, non-formal. They were extremely sensitive to any potential nervousness and/or uneasiness. My interviewers genuinely seemed like they respected and appreciated my skills, talents and experience and the value I could add to the organization.

The interview focused more on personality fit than technical and business skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained to them that I was very comfortable and secure in my current role, but that I felt I was being under-utilized and that my opportunities for growth were virtually non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for several positions with two different managers at the same time. I decided to choose one specific position and focus on interviewing for that only. I ended up having three telephone interviews, one with an HR representative, one with the hiring manager, and one with his manager. There was no in-person interview.

The managers seem very capable and technically knowledgeable, and they know what qualities they are looking for in their employees. As long as you are open and honest when answering the questions, the process is very smooth.

If an offer is extended, you will be expected to complete a drug screen, background check (employment, education, and criminal history), and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. The one that always throws me off is "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I still can't figure out a good answer for that one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was up-front with my requirements, and no negotiation was necessary.