CitiMortgage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CitiMortgage (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Great interview questions for Team Leader. After first interview, the second interview was great. Was hired after the second interview. Company was great to work for. Citi sent us to Ann Arbor Michigan for training for 4 months.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been underwriting   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

The HR manager asked what made me apply for such job? What are my expectations for the next 3 years? Also they had asked if i liked their company. It is a nice company, but you have to have the patience to go through all of their process, it does take time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

took 5 months to get my job approved. kept going back and forth on if they were going to offer the job or not. I was told they wanted me just had to get the budget approved.

Negotiation

I was all outlined in the interview

Management Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

Applied on school's website. Followed by a phone interview and final-round 3 back-to-back interviews. All questions behavior. And for final round, there were 3 different interviewers. Should be prepared to adapt to different styles.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

Submitted application on-line, called several weeks later to schedule interview with hiring manager. Behavioral based interview questions such as, how would you handle a difficult client, your most challenging situation and how you handled the situation. Job offer and salary information communicated by HR via phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR agent made it clear there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. I was interviewed by a Unit Manager (UM) and a Team Lead (TL). Both were very nice and created a comfortable environment. Questions were typical "Tell me a time when..." and "How did you handle...." and were asked in a way that was almost like mandatory but more wanting to get a feel for how you interact.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question always seems to be asked at any interview, but I have a difficult time answering why they should hire me. I'm very humble and don't like to "toot my own horn".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not discussed at the interview, aside from being informed of a shift differential for nights and weekends, but the (UM) said he was going to call HR and let them know he wants to hire me.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

Had 6 cancelled interviews, then the job was discontinued due to a hiring freeze. People were nice though.

Interview Questions

• First interview I wasn't asked any questions, I was to provide a summary of my experience over the years I have been with Citi. Second interview didn't ask any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview

Best to know someone already employed. Interviews are relaxed and not formally structures.

Interview Questions

• Is it difficult to be enthusiastic about your current position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have an opportunity to negotiate.

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CitiMortgage (Irving, TX).

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth. I interviewed with two managers(that's company policy) and they took turns in asking very relevant questions. If you read up on Bankruptcy procedures online, you should be able to sail through the interview. Please keep in mind that this was over 8 years ago, but I believe the current process is still very similar.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CitiMortgage (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed once, never heard anything for weeks. Applied many more times online. Called HR daily. Finally got another interview. Interviewed by who would become my current manager. Offered position 6 days after interview. Later found out the individual from my first interview no longer works for the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Citi?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer was more than I was expecting, no negotiating needed, I gladly accepted. They did offer to give me time to consider their offer. I've heard others did negotiate a slightly higher pay.