CitiMortgage

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.8

Management Development Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Applied on school's website. Followed by a phone interview and final-round 3 back-to-back interviews. All questions behavior. And for final round, there were 3 different interviewers. Should be prepared to adapt to different styles.

Mortgage Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage.

Submitted application on-line, called several weeks later to schedule interview with hiring manager. Behavioral based interview questions such as, how would you handle a difficult client, your most challenging situation and how you handled the situation. Job offer and salary information communicated by HR via phone call.

Interview Questions
    HR agent made it clear there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Loss Mitigation Specialist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CitiMortgage.

The interview was pretty laid back. I was interviewed by a Unit Manager (UM) and a Team Lead (TL). Both were very nice and created a comfortable environment. Questions were typical "Tell me a time when..." and "How did you handle...." and were asked in a way that was almost like mandatory but more wanting to get a feel for how you interact.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question always seems to be asked at any interview, but I have a difficult time answering why they should hire me. I'm very humble and don't like to "toot my own horn".   View Answer
    Salary was not discussed at the interview, aside from being informed of a shift differential for nights and weekends, but the (UM) said he was going to call HR and let them know he wants to hire me.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage.

Had 6 cancelled interviews, then the job was discontinued due to a hiring freeze. People were nice though.

Interview Questions
    • First interview I wasn't asked any questions, I was to provide a summary of my experience over the years I have been with Citi. Second interview didn't ask any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Best to know someone already employed. Interviews are relaxed and not formally structures.

Interview Questions
    • Is it difficult to be enthusiastic about your current position.   Answer Question
    I didn't have an opportunity to negotiate.

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CitiMortgage.

Hiring process was very smooth. I interviewed with two managers(that's company policy) and they took turns in asking very relevant questions. If you read up on Bankruptcy procedures online, you should be able to sail through the interview. Please keep in mind that this was over 8 years ago, but I believe the current process is still very similar.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage in July 2012.

Applied online. Interviewed once, never heard anything for weeks. Applied many more times online. Called HR daily. Finally got another interview. Interviewed by who would become my current manager. Offered position 6 days after interview. Later found out the individual from my first interview no longer works for the company

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was more than I was expecting, no negotiating needed, I gladly accepted. They did offer to give me time to consider their offer. I've heard others did negotiate a slightly higher pay.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage in February 2012.

call and set up a phone interview, they contact you a week later to set up an in person interview which is conducted in a large auditorium with many other candidates

Interview Questions
    • all generic interview questions, why mortgage, do you have experience tell me about a time when.... they ask your salary range   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage in June 2011.

I first was referred by a friend. Then I applied online. They have an HR firm that did part of the hiring process. So, I had a phone interview with the HR company, then I had another interview with the sector I was going to work with.

Competitive Intelligence Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CitiMortgage in April 2011.

Walk through resume. Why CitiMortgage? Why marketing? a couple of some behavioral questions.