CitiMortgage

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Representative Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CitiMortgage in January 2010.

Interview Details – They weren't concerned about my background, but instead telling me how wonderful and successful they were. Should have realized it was all about their egos!

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CitiMortgage in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed once, never heard anything for weeks. Applied many more times online. Called HR daily. Finally got another interview. Interviewed by who would become my current manager. Offered position 6 days after interview. Later found out the individual from my first interview no longer works for the company

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Citi?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was more than I was expecting, no negotiating needed, I gladly accepted. They did offer to give me time to consider their offer. I've heard others did negotiate a slightly higher pay.

Mortgage Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview Details – Submitted application on-line, called several weeks later to schedule interview with hiring manager. Behavioral based interview questions such as, how would you handle a difficult client, your most challenging situation and how you handled the situation. Job offer and salary information communicated by HR via phone call.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working on Holidays?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR agent made it clear there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loss Mitigation Specialist II Interview

Loss Mitigation Specialist II

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CitiMortgage in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough process but worth it in the end!

Interview Question – what are you biggest weaknesses   View Answer

Loss Mitigation Specialist II Interview

Loss Mitigation Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty laid back. I was interviewed by a Unit Manager (UM) and a Team Lead (TL). Both were very nice and created a comfortable environment. Questions were typical "Tell me a time when..." and "How did you handle...." and were asked in a way that was almost like mandatory but more wanting to get a feel for how you interact.

Interview Question – The toughest question always seems to be asked at any interview, but I have a difficult time answering why they should hire me. I'm very humble and don't like to "toot my own horn".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was not discussed at the interview, aside from being informed of a shift differential for nights and weekends, but the (UM) said he was going to call HR and let them know he wants to hire me.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview Details – Had 6 cancelled interviews, then the job was discontinued due to a hiring freeze. People were nice though.

Interview Question – First interview I wasn't asked any questions, I was to provide a summary of my experience over the years I have been with Citi. Second interview didn't ask any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
O'Fallon, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CitiMortgage in June 2011.

Interview Details – I first was referred by a friend. Then I applied online. They have an HR firm that did part of the hiring process. So, I had a phone interview with the HR company, then I had another interview with the sector I was going to work with.

Interview Question – How can we help you to succeed?   Answer Question

Mortgage Back End Collector III Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CitiMortgage in October 2009.

Interview Details – First, online assessment. Then an interview by phone with the H/R Representative who asked standard interview questions to determine whether she will schedule you an interview during that call. If so, you interview with an available Supervisor. Then get drug test/fingerprints. Call back within 48hrs with any offers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't have to negotiate. I was offered according to experience

Customer Service Interview

Hagerstown, MD

I applied in-person - interviewed at CitiMortgage in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Drug test. Very thorough. Process lengthy but worth it.

Interview Question – I was working in the company for another company that made lunch for Citi. I was asked why I wanted to leave that job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Company is very reasonable. Willing to work with you.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at CitiMortgage.

Interview Details – Best to know someone already employed. Interviews are relaxed and not formally structures.

Interview Question – Is it difficult to be enthusiastic about your current position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have an opportunity to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CitiMortgage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CitiMortgage interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by CitiMortgage employees and interview candidates.