Citibank

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process of submitting application/then there were extensive testing, which lead to a group of 50 being dwindled down to 10..

Interview Question – The personality assessment was unexpected.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, one on one interview, call with job offer and pay details. They do not allow you to negotiate even with experience

Interview Question – Question were basic interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiating.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citibank in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very, very quick. I was contacted by Citi in less than 24 hour. They said that they like my resume and they would like to interview. I interviewed for the following week. I was a bit nervous but everyone there are friendly. They are all smiles and they seem relaxed. The interview was actually quite fun. They seem to love it when you actually engage in conversations with them and ask them questions. A few days after that I was called to take my drug test, background check and retina scans (that place is a fortress). A few days after that they tell you all is clear and you're all done. The position has paid training for 5 weeks and after that you are officially working.

Interview Question – Give and example of when you did [something in your last employment] that would come in handy at Citi   Answer Question

Florence, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citibank in January 2012.

Interview Details – The usual interview questions. Let me know that it was a sales position. Asked questions about certain customer service situations.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you have adapted to something on the job.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citibank in September 2011.

Interview Details – The application process was fairly easy because you have to apply online. I submitted my application and completed the assessment on a Friday afternoon. I received an email confirmation the same day that I passed the assessment and that I needed to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview the following Wednesday and was told that I should be hearing from my local branch within 7 to 14 days. I heard from my local branch within 30 minutes after the phone interview, which I thought was really quick. I was then scheduled for a face-to-face interview for the following Wednesday. After scheduling, they sent me an email confirmation of the appointment time as well as another application to complete before the interview. I had problems accessing the online application form; so, I called the help desk for assistance. Unfortunately, they were closed. So I called HR to report the problem about accessing the application link, and they were very helpful by sending me an email with the application attachment instead.

On the day of the interview, I got lost in their parking lot. I was emailed directions to the site, but locating the visitors parking section was like finding a needle in a haystack...it was blocked off and I had to park quite a bit from the building. Because of that, I was late for my interview. Word of advice, make sure you know EXACTLY how to get to the interview, and give yourself more than enough time to get there in case you get lost...especially in a parking lot! I called HR and apologized for running late. I also told them that I was right outside the building, and I would understand if they wanted to reschedule the appointment. They said they were very interested in interviewing me, and were helpful by talking me through on how to get to where they are located. I finally checked in, did my interview, and was offered the position at the same time. I was really surprised considering the interview questions were quite difficult. The facility is very clean and welcoming. Their HR personnel and security guard were very friendly and helpful. The overall process went extremely well, and I couldn't ask for such an enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you have to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only thing I was able to negotiate was my schedule. You have a choice of five different shift schedules. If you decide to pull the night shift, you will also get an additional 10% differential on top of your pay rate. Plus, you can't beat their benefits package.

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citibank in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer ask the following questions: Tell me about yourself, How do you handle difficult customers, and Why should we hire you? I notice that more women work there and it seem to be a relaxed atmosphere. The security guard was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had went beyond your duty to provide a customer quality customer service?   Answer Question
  • How many times that you have been late or call out of work?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Citibank in August 2010.

Interview Details – HR Phone interview
meet with hiring managers

Interview Question – dont remember   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citibank in November 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview face to face with two hiring managers.
They mostly asked questions on my background and questions on how I would react in different types of situations. The interview lasted one hours

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interview with 2 persons following by a role play in English + other language

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Citibank

Interview Details – This was a CSR position for the credit card division in Toronto. I was called to come in for an interview a few days after I applied. It was actually a group interview. We all sat down in a corner and was given a talk about what the company does. We did some roleplaying and was called individually by a interviewer who asked basic questions like "name a scenario that was difficult."

Interview Question – Name a scenario that was difficult.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Citibank.

Interview Details – Seemed harried from phone interview through one on one interview. Many questions that didn't seem to have a focus. Eventually got to behavioral questions for remainder of interview. Typical how would you handle a difficult customer or situation, have you ever failed at something and how did you recover from it?

Interview Question – If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!