Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Citibank
- Teller (59)
- Bank Teller (34)
- Personal Banker (30)
- Intern (26)
- Management Associate (16)
- Analyst (13)
- Customer Service Representative (12)
- Vice President (9)
- Project Manager (9)
- Teller II (9)
- Summer Analyst (8)
- Assistant Manager (8)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Assistant Vice President (7)
- Branch Manager (5)
- Manager (5)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Fraud Analyst (4)
- Quantitative Analyst (4)
- Sales Manager (3)
- Sales (3)
- Credit Analyst (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Relationship Manager (3)
- Risk Analyst (3)
- Collections Representative (3)
- Collector II (3)
- Business Banker (3)
- Marketing Intern (3)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Citibank.
It was a phone interview. The interview process went well. HR started from telling some brief intro about the position and started to ask about my experience. She was really nice and didn't ask difficult questions but seems like she wanted to know more about my interests and personality. After asked about 4 basic questions, she asked me the final question, which was do you have any question for me? Really basic. The interview took about 20 min. It was a great experience.
- Really basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what is your experience.. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.
It took almost 4 weeks to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager per their request. The hiring manager would cancel and rescheduled but I finally had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. That's as far as I have gotten during the interviewing process so far. Furthermore, the hiring manager could not give me a straight answer on most of the questions I asked. For example, I asked what time frame would it take for them to get back with me after the phone interview? The hiring manager didn't know how long it would take for them to get back with me.
- What type of project management methodologies have I used while being a project manager? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Citibank (Irving, TX) in April 2015.
I arrived 23 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time, and the interviewer arrived 20-30 minutes after the scheduled interview time. The interview was not structured and the schedule that the HR recruiter provided deferred greatly from the schedule that the interviewer provided me with.
- Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Citibank.
The process took about 2 months. The lengthy part was waiting for an interview. Interview consisted of situational questions and a review of the position. I received a call back in a week.
- They asked about my experience in finance Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Citibank.
Contacted by a corporate recruiter and citi human resources to schedule an in person interview with the VP of Fairlanding cards and senior manager for cards compliance.
I was interviewed by a fair lending VP with a background of law. The individual appeared to have no human resources or interview experience this was a one on one interview therefore the inherent risk of equal employment opportunities are very high and questions ask were unfit and individual disclosed non-client and attorney privileged info towards me.
The interview questions were all scenarios based on what if you would do or what do you recommend a particular department to do when given a specific problem example would be do you find a fair lending issue or concern if in business would like to open up a particular card product to a demographic group based
on income and why.
In addition the interviewer was highly interested in previous senior managers I have worked with on previous engagement in my Pinyan name dropping is not a professional type of advice to give therefore I did not want to disclose this information as a result the individual was frustrated
- If the business would like to provide card services to only the continental US is this a fair lending issue 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Not interested in this particular department and this type of management got better offer elsewhere
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceNo OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Citibank.
received an email from one of citibanks associates and scheduled a phone interview with another one of their reps. The interview was not conducted on the scheduled date and instead was conducted the following day at a time that was not agreed upon by me and the associate, they mixed up eastern and pacific times...
- why did you apply for the job Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citibank.
technical - accounting and finance Questions: Majority of the interview consited of behavioral and getting to know you questions. First there was a phone pre screening inverview which lasted about 30 minutes. That part consisted of mostly behavioral questions as well as some technicals.
- LBO Model Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Citibank.
applied online, do the assessment test. recruiter called me for phone interview first. then referred to the branch manager and assistant manager for interview. they asked average questions. They asked me questions like "what is your strength? " "why us?"
- how is your strength? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citibank.
Two 30-minute interviews. Both were mostly behavioral. Lot of questions about past experiences (e.g. challenges that required confidence, challenges you overcame and how). The first person I interviewed with was nice, but didn't try to make it a casual and comfortable experience, however the second person I met with aimed to do that.
- Why operations? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
1 OCI and then called for "super day" at their location in NY where you have 30 min interviews with different managers and seniors developers, etc. You are in a room with other interviewers being interviewed so it can get loud and hard to focus
- What are the basic concepts for OOP? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review