Citibank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Had no experience as a teller so my interview was based on customer service, tell about myself, how have I handled conflict in the past, talk about training location and schedule availability.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

The interview consisted on two rounds.

The first round was a phone interview with an Analyst. The interview was not very hard. Couple of technical questions.

The second and final round I was invited to their NYC offices. It consisted of three interviews with higher management. The interviewers were on a rush and I did not get the time to answer the questions correctly.

Teller II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Pass computer test, then phone interview, then two interviews in person with branch manager and assistant branch manager. Was offered position in a few weeks and I accepted. 2 weeks training before I started

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered what I wanted and I accepted

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews, then HR rep set up interview with Branch Manager. This was a few years ago so I do not really remember what they asked me. I was 19 at the time and had prior bank teller experience which was a plus.

Interview Questions

• If you have a sales goal, what do you do to make sure you exceed that goal?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

i interviewed 3 different branch managers before i could even get to the district manager. Smile is the key, make sure you make eye contact and be confident.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then with a branch manager at the branch, then another phone interview after with regional manager. Basic interview questions. Overall took 3 weeks to find out i got hired from the first interview. They kept you in the loop throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You had a chance to negotiate when the recruiter offers you the job and salary. If you have banking experience you can ask for a little more and they will work with you.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citibank (New York, NY).

Interview

The super day was extremely competitive. I was interrogated on precise figures of macroeconomic data such as latest inflation, GDP, Housing start etc.
    One interviewer was really odd and kept cutting me off saying get to the point, get to the point for many of my answers which I was, so I think it was a sort of stress test. This was not experienced by other candidates in the same interview with whom I had a conversation but it is essential to know you might get one of these types of interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked where the interest rate will go in my opinion and why?   Answer Question
    • Latest Macroeconomic figures such as inflation, unemployment, GDP, Housing start etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process still continues: First there is a Phone interview: very easy interview, the guy was very nice and kind,
    on-site interview, I met 2 team leads, both were nice, met me at the door and asked me behavioral questions. First impressions were ok.
    2-hour SQL assessment test: was hard for me.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Why do you want to change career?
      On-site: Tell me about yourself, weaknesses, strengths, why do I select you, SAS/SQL knowledge..
      SQL Assessment: joining tables, having - where, finding maximum

Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citibank (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Well first I applied online and passed the qualification test. Two days later I received a phone call from a recruiter. She interviewed me right then and there. She then gave me an interview for the following Monday. When I went to the branch, they were late. The people who were suppose to be interviewing me wasn't even in the building! I had to wait 30 minutes. When it was time to interview me, they BARELY asked me about my work experience (all retail and banking experience so I definitely qualify). All they were worried about was that I was about to graduate college and would be having a bachelor's degree. They felt like I would have full time jobs lined up for me the moment I get out of college! I highly doubt that though in this economy. I just wanted a job outside of retail for once and Citibank seemed like it would be a great option but it seemed like I was too overqualified for them now. Penalized for my school success. I can't believe it.

Interview Questions

• None of the standard interview questions. They just focused on my future endeavors.
      If you were to have a full time job lined up for you in a couple of months, would you take it?
      How long are you planning on staying with Citibank?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I completed the application and skills test online. Then I received a call within 2 days and did a phone interview. I scheduled an interview the next day and did a background check through an email link. I felt good about the Job application process until the in person interview. Things didn't go well. The manager who interviewed me was unprofessional and rude. I traveled almost an hour to get to the interview and it would have been courteous if he had put his phone away in the beginning. Also, he was very snappy. Usually in interviews, managers are supposed to be professional and polite. I wonder if it would have been different if someone else had interviewed me. I haven't had such a bad experience in a while. To me that interview spoke volumes. It basically said that working for Citi would be an unpleasant experience. Edit: I got offered a job after 2 weeks, but ended up declining since I was hired somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• If you couldn't fix a customer's problem, what would you do?   Answer Question