Citibank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interview process went well. HR started from telling some brief intro about the position and started to ask about my experience. She was really nice and didn't ask difficult questions but seems like she wanted to know more about my interests and personality. After asked about 4 basic questions, she asked me the final question, which was do you have any question for me? Really basic. The interview took about 20 min. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Really basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what is your experience..   Answer Question

IT Project Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It took almost 4 weeks to schedule a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager per their request. The hiring manager would cancel and rescheduled but I finally had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. That's as far as I have gotten during the interviewing process so far. Furthermore, the hiring manager could not give me a straight answer on most of the questions I asked. For example, I asked what time frame would it take for them to get back with me after the phone interview? The hiring manager didn't know how long it would take for them to get back with me.

Interview Questions

• What type of project management methodologies have I used while being a project manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citibank (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 23 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time, and the interviewer arrived 20-30 minutes after the scheduled interview time. The interview was not structured and the schedule that the HR recruiter provided deferred greatly from the schedule that the interviewer provided me with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer.   1 Answer

Retention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

The process took about 2 months. The lengthy part was waiting for an interview. Interview consisted of situational questions and a review of the position. I received a call back in a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Contacted by a corporate recruiter and citi human resources to schedule an in person interview with the VP of Fairlanding cards and senior manager for cards compliance.

I was interviewed by a fair lending VP with a background of law. The individual appeared to have no human resources or interview experience this was a one on one interview therefore the inherent risk of equal employment opportunities are very high and questions ask were unfit and individual disclosed non-client and attorney privileged info towards me.

The interview questions were all scenarios based on what if you would do or what do you recommend a particular department to do when given a specific problem example would be do you find a fair lending issue or concern if in business would like to open up a particular card product to a demographic group based

on income and why.

In addition the interviewer was highly interested in previous senior managers I have worked with on previous engagement in my Pinyan name dropping is not a professional type of advice to give therefore I did not want to disclose this information as a result the individual was frustrated

Interview Questions

• If the business would like to provide card services to only the continental US is this a fair lending issue   1 Answer

Not interested in this particular department and this type of management got better offer elsewhere

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citibank.

Interview

received an email from one of citibanks associates and scheduled a phone interview with another one of their reps. The interview was not conducted on the scheduled date and instead was conducted the following day at a time that was not agreed upon by me and the associate, they mixed up eastern and pacific times...

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

technical - accounting and finance Questions: Majority of the interview consited of behavioral and getting to know you questions. First there was a phone pre screening inverview which lasted about 30 minutes. That part consisted of mostly behavioral questions as well as some technicals.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

applied online, do the assessment test. recruiter called me for phone interview first. then referred to the branch manager and assistant manager for interview. they asked average questions. They asked me questions like "what is your strength? " "why us?"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citibank.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. Both were mostly behavioral. Lot of questions about past experiences (e.g. challenges that required confidence, challenges you overcame and how). The first person I interviewed with was nice, but didn't try to make it a casual and comfortable experience, however the second person I met with aimed to do that.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1 OCI and then called for "super day" at their location in NY where you have 30 min interviews with different managers and seniors developers, etc. You are in a room with other interviewers being interviewed so it can get loud and hard to focus