Citibank

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

Vice President Interview

Phone screening (can be multiple sessions), HR interview, on-site interview that can last 4 - 5 hours, including case study, technical and behavior interviews. Communications skills is a kep compentency.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citibank.

Referred by a friend, was called the next day, a couple of days later I interviewed and got a offer the next week. When I walked into the area everyone looked miserable, I should have taken that as a clue.

Interview Questions
    The recruiter was extremely ghetto. I didn't counter offer.

Collector II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Citibank in October 2014.

Had a Phone interview with a recruiter
    Few days later in person interview
    Was asked basic questions about last job and what would i do if type questions
    Told i would be called a few days later

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a coworker made you mad   View Answer

Citizens Latin America Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citibank in October 2014.

You applied online through campus recruiting, then in the first round they will send you a link and then you will have tape your answers you will have the option to answer twice to the question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you have to solve a challenge in your work, and how you solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Had one on campus, then superday at their offices. Superday consisted of three half hour long interviews, structured sort of like speed dating with all the interviewers sitting in the same room. I was interviewing for an internship in the technology division, but my interviewers kept asking me finance questions despite me telling them that I had virtually no financial knowledge. One interviewer asked me what the market cap of citibank closed at the previous day. All my interviews were extremely technical, though I talked to other men who had been interviewed and they said theirs were purely behavioral. One interviewer even asked me what it was like being a woman and studying math.

Interview Questions
    • Some simple algo questions, but one interviewer questioned me about threading, even though i told him I had no idea what it was. he asked me "well, what do you think it is?"   Answer Question

SummerSoftware Developer Interview

Interview process is similar with other companys.
    Behavior questions and Technology questions.
    Interviewer asked me to write program about data structure such as linked list.
    Also, Asked me to tell about Citibank and the reason why I applied Citibank.

Interview Questions
    • There was not difficult question, but to me technical question is the mot difficult.
      That was "Write downsolutions to find out infinite cycle in linked list."
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank in September 2014.

Filled out online application. Received a phone call from recruiter 5 days later. She asked me about my prior positions and what I did there. She explained the position and pay rate. She then set up an in person interview at Citibank for the following week.
    The in person one on one interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    She asked me various questions that related to my online assessment. They wanted me to reply in the S.T.A.R format. SITUATION. TASK. ACTION. RESULT. Some questions she asked were "Tell me about a time you had a tight deadline with a goal to meet" "Tell me about how you would handle your co-workers being upset about a new implentation in the company" There was about 7 questions like this. She also noticed two employers that I had been with less than a year and asked me what happened there.
    She then had me take a seat outside of H.R. (Which I think means a good sign you get the position)
    H.R went over the pay ($14 hr-bi-weekly), schedule (4-12's or 5-10's with mandatory Saturday), training (lasts 9 weeks). Training doesn't start for another 20 days.
    I chose to do my fingerprint FBI check that day. I was then informed I had TWO days from then to complete my drug test. They test through Labcorp and it is helpful because they had locations all over the city. It takes time for the FBI check to come back- and there's a possibility you could get fired after already starting, from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me how you would handle a customer who wasn't answering the security questions correctly, how would you inform them that you are not able to access their account without the information"   Answer Question
    No negotiation besides what schedule. 10:00-6:30 Tues- Sat., 8-4:30 Tues- Sat, 8-6:30 Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castro Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castro Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Citibank in September 2014.

Very short and brief questions, the personality questions are the key to wining this position in my opinion. Along with that you also need cash handling experience and plenty of peoples skills. Most banks are about customer service and how to deal with upset customers to keep calm vibe in each branch.

Interview Questions
    • you have a customer who, because of bad experience wants to close their account, how can you convince her not to?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citibank.

Huge gaps between interviews.But otherwise behavioral and basic sql.last round is behavioral and situational interviews.If it is a reject they take at least two three months to tell you.If you do not hear from them in two three weeks it probably is a reject

Senior Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Citibank.

Had a phone interview. They asked about my past, past work, technologies I worked. I am called after 6 months for another job opened in same team. Didn't ask many technical questions. Questions were more of my background, examining my confidence etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is agile. Answer is broad. I didn't know which answer will satisfy him.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offerred good salary for my background.