Citibank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Specialized Analytics Group Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank in April 2014.

There were two phone interviews and then an onsite visit.

The onsite visit was lengthy, spanning across two days. There were numerous interviews, a computer-based problem solving exercise and a presentation. Question difficulty varied highly from one person to the next. One person was very challenging and another not so. All were very professional.

The position is mid to senior level and so requires thorough examination of the candidate. The persons with whom I met were trying very hard to constructively lead me with questions, while working to obtain the necessary information about me to make their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of conflict that involved two team members besides yourself and describe how you mediated that conflict.   Answer Question

SummerSoftware Developer Interview

Interview process is similar with other companys.
    Behavior questions and Technology questions.
    Interviewer asked me to write program about data structure such as linked list.
    Also, Asked me to tell about Citibank and the reason why I applied Citibank.

Interview Questions
    • There was not difficult question, but to me technical question is the mot difficult.
      That was "Write downsolutions to find out infinite cycle in linked list."
        Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citibank.

Huge gaps between interviews.But otherwise behavioral and basic sql.last round is behavioral and situational interviews.If it is a reject they take at least two three months to tell you.If you do not hear from them in two three weeks it probably is a reject

PT Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citibank in July 2011.

Have to apply online. Must have a resume to upload and attach to online application. Online app takes about an hr. It took a recruiter about 3 weeks to contact me and i had two phone interviews with a citi recruiter. Each lasting about 10min just basic personality questions. The branch manager was the next person to contact me to set up an interview time. I had 3 in person interviews before the managers made a decision.

after they offered me the job and I accepted HR contacted me a week or so later to tell me my starting date. A couple of days after that i got a call letting me know i had 48hr to go take a drug test and the location they gave me. I also had to go up to the court house to get fingerprinted and have a copy sent to them.

Its a really long process.. it took about a month or so to get hired but in the end it was worth it!

Interview Questions
    • All are pretty simple. Stick to wanting to be a part of a team because citi is very team oriented. they ask a lot of situational questions when it comes to working with customer.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Citibank.

Had a phone interview. They asked about my past, past work, technologies I worked. I am called after 6 months for another job opened in same team. Didn't ask many technical questions. Questions were more of my background, examining my confidence etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is agile. Answer is broad. I didn't know which answer will satisfy him.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offerred good salary for my background.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in May 2014.

I interviewed for the position with a management team that I was familiar with. I went through the process of meeting with the director of the Unit and the Hiring Manager. It was a great expirience and I felt confident in my ability to meet the requirements of the department.

Interview Questions
    • the most diffcult question is when the person interviewing me asks what are my weakness.   Answer Question

Mortgage Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in February 2013.

The first interview was a phone based call lasted about 30 min. the second call was with a regional manager. The third call was with a state wide manager. The hiring process took about three weeks. It was a fairly routine process for mortgage. They ask about your current and past mortgage pipeline and production

Interview Questions
    • How did I feel about the fact they were using 20 yr old mortgage software to upload their loans.   View Answer
    I was offered a four month guarantee based on 60% of what I was accustomed to making. I requested a 6 month as they admitted that their closing were taking 5-6 months. They refused point blank. So their is really no room to negotiate.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Citibank in June 2014.

It was a very smooth process. I live in NYC so the entire process took around 2 weeks. There was initial phone call with the HR followed by 3 one-on-one interviews the next week. I was presented with the offer two weeks from then. The HR manager was extremely helpful and is actively looking to hire qualified candidates. Not sure if this helps but if you are looking for product manager/ project manager/ VP roles at Citi you should reach her at erinn.m.oneill@citi.com

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Citibank.

First, apply online. Then, complete the online assessment. If you score well enough in the skills assessment, you will be contacted by HR, followed by interviews with branch managers in the hiring branch.

Interview Questions
    • Typical conversation. Watching for animation, friendliness, comfort of interaction.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in March 2012.

Thhs was a behavioral based interview. In other words, the interviewers can get a pretty good idea of how you would interact on a team. If you give a specific example of how you resolved an issue, you'll be fine. Also, if you catch their eyes drifting ... reengage the audience ...

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a coworker.   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!