Citibank

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citibank in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview within a few days. Didnt get a call back until 4 months later from a bank manager. I got a job offer a week later from the interview.

Interview Question – All questions were regular interview question, except when I was asked to sell the manager a credit card.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the offer but I should have asked for more. Citibank tends to pay a high starting salary than other retail banks.

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller
Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in June 2014.

Interview Details – After application received an email to take assessment right after finishing that received a email saying I passed about a week later I get a phone call for an interview

Interview Question – Why should I hire you? what to do when you have an irate client?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citibank in November 2012.

Interview Details – Found position on company website. Applied. A week later got a call from recruiter interested in an interview. Phone chat lasted for about 20 min, and then 5 days later I received a packet in the mail to be filled out and mailed back. Packet had paperwork about company.

Interview Question – Describe why you left previous work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had asked me what I would like to make, I told them based on my previous bank experience with Chase Bank I would like $15 an hour and they agreed immidiately.

Rosemead, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citibank in August 2012.

Interview Details – First you apply online, and the receive a phone interview, and then if you pass you do a background check and then go for a in person interview.

Interview Question – What was your greatest achievement at work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They call you to let you know you got accepted and the wage. If you accept they mail you a packet to fill out and send back to them.

Arcadia, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in July 2012.

Interview Details – applied online, online questions, phone interview, first with the hiring managers and second interview with the assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. either you accept or you don't

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, I got scheduled for a phone interview. He only asked me some basic questions and it only took 5 minutes.

Interview Question – He asked me what was the most difficult customer situation I've ever been in, and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Whittier, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a full time teller position and within a few days I recieved a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about customer service and sales. I have experience as a teller so this process was routine for me. After the phone interview i was called to schedule an in person interview which i accepted i did some research on the company and practiced my interview questions and answers to be prepared. I met with the assistant manager and the senior teller they both interviewed me at the same time and asked me about my previous work history and how i would handle customers and what was expected of me regarding sales all I can say is that i did well. I was asked for a 2nd interview this time it would be with the branch manager.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by the branch manager and right from the get to she asked me a bunch of questions and after i gave an answer she would comment in a negative way. I dont know why but i already knew this interview wasnt going to go well she continued to ask more questions and i answered the best way i could i remained calm and friendly. I wanted to walk out on the interview because of certain comments she made but i just continued. My advice would be to do your research on the company and keep calm and smile alot. Some people are more professional then other so its a matter of getting the right person to interview with unfortunately mine didnt go so well.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Citibank in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was emailed a week after i applied and was told that it was a group interview.

Interview Question – Everyone was trying so hard to sound better.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough hours

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citibank in July 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online and answering a questionnaire centered on customer service I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I did, and they asked me about my previous work experience, of which I do not have much to refer to as I have not had an actual paying job ever. I was asked hypothetical questions such as: How would you go about completing a list of tasks given to you by your manager? and If an upset customer came to you with a complaint how would you deal with it?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at CitiBank and not another bank?   View Answers (2)

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank in July 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and did a skills assessment. I passed the skills assessment and I was notified that I need to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview, and I felt that it went well. They said they would contact me within 5-10 business days to schedule an in person interview, but this didn't happen.

Interview Question – Describe how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer or one that had multiple requests.   Answer Question

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!