Citibank Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.5

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Gardena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After application received an email to take assessment right after finishing that received a email saying I passed about a week later I get a phone call for an interview

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? what to do when you have an irate client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citibank (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, I got scheduled for a phone interview. He only asked me some basic questions and it only took 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• He asked me what was the most difficult customer situation I've ever been in, and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Whittier, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for a full time teller position and within a few days I recieved a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about customer service and sales. I have experience as a teller so this process was routine for me. After the phone interview i was called to schedule an in person interview which i accepted i did some research on the company and practiced my interview questions and answers to be prepared. I met with the assistant manager and the senior teller they both interviewed me at the same time and asked me about my previous work history and how i would handle customers and what was expected of me regarding sales all I can say is that i did well. I was asked for a 2nd interview this time it would be with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by the branch manager and right from the get to she asked me a bunch of questions and after i gave an answer she would comment in a negative way. I dont know why but i already knew this interview wasnt going to go well she continued to ask more questions and i answered the best way i could i remained calm and friendly. I wanted to walk out on the interview because of certain comments she made but i just continued. My advice would be to do your research on the company and keep calm and smile alot. Some people are more professional then other so its a matter of getting the right person to interview with unfortunately mine didnt go so well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Found position on company website. Applied. A week later got a call from recruiter interested in an interview. Phone chat lasted for about 20 min, and then 5 days later I received a packet in the mail to be filled out and mailed back. Packet had paperwork about company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had asked me what I would like to make, I told them based on my previous bank experience with Chase Bank I would like $15 an hour and they agreed immidiately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Citibank (Fountain Valley, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview within a few days. Didnt get a call back until 4 months later from a bank manager. I got a job offer a week later from the interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were regular interview question, except when I was asked to sell the manager a credit card.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted the offer but I should have asked for more. Citibank tends to pay a high starting salary than other retail banks.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citibank (Irvine, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was emailed a week after i applied and was told that it was a group interview.

not enough hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citibank (Rosemead, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First you apply online, and the receive a phone interview, and then if you pass you do a background check and then go for a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call you to let you know you got accepted and the wage. If you accept they mail you a packet to fill out and send back to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citibank (Arcadia, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

applied online, online questions, phone interview, first with the hiring managers and second interview with the assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. either you accept or you don't

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citibank (Anaheim, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and did a skills assessment. I passed the skills assessment and I was notified that I need to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview, and I felt that it went well. They said they would contact me within 5-10 business days to schedule an in person interview, but this didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer or one that had multiple requests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citibank (Pasadena, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

After applying online and answering a questionnaire centered on customer service I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I did, and they asked me about my previous work experience, of which I do not have much to refer to as I have not had an actual paying job ever. I was asked hypothetical questions such as: How would you go about completing a list of tasks given to you by your manager? and If an upset customer came to you with a complaint how would you deal with it?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CitiBank and not another bank?   2 Answers