Citibank Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Gardena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After application received an email to take assessment right after finishing that received a email saying I passed about a week later I get a phone call for an interview

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? what to do when you have an irate client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online had a referral from a friend that already worked for the company. Went in for interview very easy a few days later I was called by the area director to get to know me a little better and a few weeks after that I was offered the position.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citibank (Fountain Valley, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the area director. They go over the expectation of the job and what a typical day looks like for a banker. Heavily focus on customer service and growing the book of business of the branch. If you can show that you are enthusiastic and ready to bring your "A" game to the table, you will get hire.

Interview Questions

• Past banking experience. What you can offer to the table.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Citibank (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, I got scheduled for a phone interview. He only asked me some basic questions and it only took 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• He asked me what was the most difficult customer situation I've ever been in, and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Whittier, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for a full time teller position and within a few days I recieved a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about customer service and sales. I have experience as a teller so this process was routine for me. After the phone interview i was called to schedule an in person interview which i accepted i did some research on the company and practiced my interview questions and answers to be prepared. I met with the assistant manager and the senior teller they both interviewed me at the same time and asked me about my previous work history and how i would handle customers and what was expected of me regarding sales all I can say is that i did well. I was asked for a 2nd interview this time it would be with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by the branch manager and right from the get to she asked me a bunch of questions and after i gave an answer she would comment in a negative way. I dont know why but i already knew this interview wasnt going to go well she continued to ask more questions and i answered the best way i could i remained calm and friendly. I wanted to walk out on the interview because of certain comments she made but i just continued. My advice would be to do your research on the company and keep calm and smile alot. Some people are more professional then other so its a matter of getting the right person to interview with unfortunately mine didnt go so well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Found position on company website. Applied. A week later got a call from recruiter interested in an interview. Phone chat lasted for about 20 min, and then 5 days later I received a packet in the mail to be filled out and mailed back. Packet had paperwork about company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had asked me what I would like to make, I told them based on my previous bank experience with Chase Bank I would like $15 an hour and they agreed immidiately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Citibank (Fountain Valley, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview within a few days. Didnt get a call back until 4 months later from a bank manager. I got a job offer a week later from the interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were regular interview question, except when I was asked to sell the manager a credit card.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted the offer but I should have asked for more. Citibank tends to pay a high starting salary than other retail banks.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citibank (Irvine, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was emailed a week after i applied and was told that it was a group interview.

not enough hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citibank (Rosemead, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

First you apply online, and the receive a phone interview, and then if you pass you do a background check and then go for a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call you to let you know you got accepted and the wage. If you accept they mail you a packet to fill out and send back to them.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citibank (Arcadia, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

applied online, online questions, phone interview, first with the hiring managers and second interview with the assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. either you accept or you don't