Citibank

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citibank.

Interview Details – Online app, assessment, phone interview, branch interview. Referrals mean nothing. Four weeks of my life stolen even after being told by the manager "I can get you in." I passed everything, but when I went to the branch, I wasn't treated fairly. The candidate before me batted her eyes at the manager the whole time, and left with a seductive vibe to her farewell. Unbelievable.

Interview Question – Typical questions like "describe a time." Although it's common, I still don't see how "see yourself in 5 years" is relevant considering the fact you're applying for a job. Ridiculous.   View Answers (2)

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired out of my MBA program for a summer IT internship. I was top pick of the day for the oncampus interview, and while I hadn't planned to work for a bank, I was so positively impressed with the follow-up on-site interview that I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge on your last job, and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the summer internship salary, but a senior VP met with me one-on-one and mentored me regarding how to ask for a higher salary than I would have otherwise

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in August 2012.

Interview Details – A little bit different. I went to the career night first, which is the open-door interview for first round. And then finish the online assessment, and the second round interview.

Interview Question – why citi, why personal banker, why san francisco, why hire you.....etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very friendly and nice talking with all the staffs.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Citibank.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email to schedule a time with a recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions about my resume, the normal why citibank and told me the branch manger would contact me within a week or two. Sadly, no one contacted me.

Interview Question – Why citibank?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citibank in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basically after the online application you go through the recruiter process. But this was my third interview with citi so I called my local recruiter since i had her number from the previous interview and left her a message about submitting my app for the branch I applied too. Two days later I get a call from the branch manager and we set up a interview date. On the interview day she made me wait 20 minutes because she was dealing with a customer and her staff after that. She asks what I'm taking in college and then a set of general questions like "a time when I have abruptly been asked to do something and how i reacted about doing it." Other questions were "where do i see myself in five years, being the most satisfied and dissatisfied with my previous jobs, going about what i did on a particular slow day at work, and solving a problem for a customer." I'm probably missing some more but i'll add it in if i remember. I asked a question about the most challenging aspect of the position and she rambled on about it and went off topic too about citi being a great company and her previous jobs-of course I'm sitting there and agreeing about citi's great products and company culture. I liked that she said she doesn't stress tellers on sales because after a while it irritates customers and really wants tellers to concentrate on providing the service-sincere thank yous and referring customers by name.

Just be really customer service orientated, show your enthusiasm for their products-0% credit cards etc. the company culture and you'll do fine.

Anyway I don't think I'll be getting a call back because she said my classes will conflict with her scheduling as she needs someone available 6 days a week and went on about trying other banks who can really work with schooling using her daughter as an example. Oh well, I tried.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Citibank in March 2009.

Interview Details – It started with application online that included a personality test. After I was informed that I passed the online exam my application was submitted. After about a week of submitting my application I was called by the branch manager who offered a time to interview. I was interviewed by the three managers who asked me about previous work experiences and how my experiences might translate into retail banking. I finished the interview and was contacted about three days later with an offer.

Interview Question – How would you sell a credit card to existing customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!