Citibank Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore

3.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citibank in August 2014.

The process took about a month. A week after website application I got a call from the hiring manager. It was a great interview, its more like she was selling the position to me more than me selling my talent to them. She even said that it is hard to come across someone with the skills they wanted. She told me how I will be contacted if I was shortlisted. A week after HR called me, sent me all the paperworks that needs to be filled up. I thought it was too early as the paperworks were asking me to sign under "employee name/signature" and check things such as "new hire" which I felt uncomfortable as I did this declarations before when I was already hired as a Bank Officer, but the temp HR said its their process.
    A week after the HR interview I followed up with them. The HR told me they needed more time to get back to me and gave me a specific day and said they will keep in touch (something I thought was positive) when they will be in the position to decide. I let those days pass and followed up the next day. And the HR quickly replied, they gave the position to an internal candidate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank.

Applied using the careers page. filing up a few pages on info about myself and have to upload documents at a page where the max size available cant fit a pdf file. upload my word CV instead.

The job will be at the back office at Changi Business Park Crescent, maybe a concern for some. Face to face interview. given a FS to review as it is part of the job scope. there are actually 2 type of fund accountant in citibank, 1 is the kind that calculate NAV, the other 1 the kind that reviews FS done by funds account preparer and prepares a risk related report every month. so it is a long hours job, i wont say how long to be fair to citi.

from the interview i can say they are looking for people who are going to like this job and will work for a few years. the reason i write this review is to allow everyone to identify which type of fund accountant that you want to be, instead of wasting your time on the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you want to let go of your opportunity cost in your current industry to join this field of fund accountant?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citibank.

Phone interview. The interviewer was very patient with explaining the job description, to make sure that I really knew what I was applying for. Very candid and sincere response when I asked about the work culture and working hours. No technical qns asked, just qns about yourself and career aspirations. Why you want to work in the industry, what position (e.g. front/middle/back office) you'd want to pursue in the future, when you'll be graduating, etc. Very straightforward interview, as long as you know what you really want, and you're able to put it across clearly.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing difficult, just about your academic background and other achievements. Why you want to work in the bank/dept? What do you know about our operations?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citibank.

Approached through head hunter / recruiting firm for a senior management position

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to profitability in the first 6 months in Citibank   Answer Question

Mid Career Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Citibank in May 2014.

I applied to this position on March 4 and called to attend an interview on April 10 with HR. As I was out of town, the interviewer agreed to conduct a phone interview with HR. However, I failed to get a call at the stated time and received no communication from the company that the interview had to be rescheduled. Apparently the interviewer had double-booked and was in another meeting at the time of my interview. I was on my way home when I received a reply to my email informing me that HR would like to speak to me an hour later. I had to drop everything to make the call but there was no apology for the missed call from HR. Standard behavioral questions were asked, along with some general queries on my interests in the program.

I did well enough to move on to the next round, which involved doing some online aptitude tests on SHL.com. There were a few tests and the tests weren't easy especially if you weren't used to taking aptitude tests. I spent a few days to prepare for them and found the questions to be easier than expected ! While I was glad that HR granted a deadline extension for me to take those tests (as I was tied up with prior commitments elsewhere), they were initially unwilling to extend the deadline and that did not leave a positive impression, especially after the initial slip-up with the phone interview.

A couple of days later, I received another invitation for an on-site interview with 2 business managers and the HR head. One manager was a director responsible the credit card business and another for the retail bank business. I was asked to make a presentation to the three of them. I was given a choice of two topics - the electronic payment industry vs retail bank. I spent about four full days to do extensive research on the topic that I chose.

On the day of presentation, I was a little surprised to find out that there were no computers in the bank that I could use for my presentation. Boy was I glad that I decided to bring my own laptop! While the presentation was scheduled to start at a specific time, I was again left wondering where the interviewers were when all but one showed up in the room on time. I ended up presenting to the two business managers (one of which joined later) before the HR head entered the room halfway through the presentation.

During the presentation, I observed that the hiring managers were busy fidgeting with their mobile devices and no one was really listening. About a minute into my presentation, one of the business manager was dozing off and was fighting to stay awake. Perhaps my presentation contents were really bad that it wasn't worth their attention at all, but then again, I had barely started and nothing much was shared. When the HR head joined the discussion, I was already halfway through my presentation. And two minutes after she sat down, I was interrupted and asked if I was about to make my recommendations. Well, I am not sure if that's the culture of the bank but I did find it somewhat rude for a remark to be hurled at me, even before the presentation was concluded.

After the presentation I had a discussion with the managers and HR head. They asked questions about my resume but many a times, the questions asked did not seem to have any relevance to the position I applied for. At some point, I felt that they were making fun of my previous work experience. Not too sure what the interviewers were looking for here. The interviewers were talking over each other, and checking their mobile devices all the time. Again, I was left wondering if that's the way the bank functions and why the basic courtesy rules did not apply in that room.

I left the office and felt kind of awful with my experience. I knew that it wasn't the right fit for me and I was just glad to be out of the building. I also decided that I would not spend more time pursuing this opportunity and wasn't at all upset when I received the rejection email a week later.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citibank.

Apply through university career centre, direct line manager face to face interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in December 2013.

2 rounds of interview

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citibank in October 2013.

applied online, HR contacted to schedule first round of interview at the hiring branch. male hiring manager and a female higher-ranked manager. female manager was nice but male manager was not so professional - playing with hp, shaking legs and not listening to what i was saying most of the time. questions were tell me more about yourself, why a personal banker, why not insurance agent, what do you know about the job, what do you think are the challenges, why do you think you are suitable etc etc and going thru of resume.

after about a week was called for second interview by HR and was sent two online tests and a personality test to be completed. second interview was with HR and the business head. was interviewed together with another candidate. questions asked were almost the same as first interview and some additional questions like - how do you handle stress, what will you do if you are still short of target in your last week and your bosses are coming after you etc. interview lasted about 2 hours as we were required to fill in many forms which i thought was weird - as it seems like we have been accepted yet they did not say anything. on the whole, interview seems more like a chit chat session.

after about a week, got a call that i was offered the role.

Interview Questions
    • what is the recent market news that is relevant to your line of work?   Answer Question

confirmed that the male hiring manager will be my immediate supervisor but i was not comfortable with him.

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bugis (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bugis (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Citibank.

Normal.

Normal

Control Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citibank in June 2013.

2 step: Phone call and on site interview. Interview itself was standard question asked. Opening was for permanent position so they asked about interest and the 5 years where you see yourself question.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. standard Q & A. They did ask where was citi incorporated.   Answer Question

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!