Citicorp Credit Services, Inc.

www.citicards.com

Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc.

Collector II Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. in January 2015.

I applied online on Citi's website. This included an application, submitting resume and cover letter, and completing an assessment/try out online. I received a call the next business day for a brief phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and was pretty informal. The recruiter asked a few questions about my work experience and confirmed that I was willing to accept the hours and pay range for the position. She then scheduled me for an in person interview in 4 days. I was asked to complete official employment application prior to the interview.

The interview was with the department manager. It lasted about an hour. Part of it was more of a conversation than an interview. We discussed my work experience and the manager shared details about the position, daily tasks, challenges one might encounter, incentives, working for Citi in general. We also discussed why there are openings for the position. The manager then had a list of questions to ask. There were several questions about specific situations in my work experience. E.g. tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult person, tell me about a time when you noticed that something was not working well & improvements/changes you made. The manager was asking for specific details to demonstrate that these were actual experiences, not scenarios you made up.

There were also two questions about a specific scenario you might encounter in this position and how would you approach it/solve it.

We discussed pay, hours and dealing with change.

After the interview, I was informed that HR extends the offer and was asked to wait a few minutes while the manager spoke with them. Once I met with the HR representative, I was offered the position and asked to start the next business day. Typically there is a longer notice, however, in my case this is when the next training sessions starts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you noticed something was not working and how you made changes/improvements to the process. (I am paraphrasing the question, I don't remember the exact wording.)   Answer Question
    No negotiations, this position has a firm pay rate.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. in January 2007.

I had applied to the job through my school's career management center and had gotten an interview without even having any interaction with anyone in the company beforehand. The first round consisted of one one-on-one interview -- mostly behavioral. I started with describing my background and the reason behind applying for the job. After initial introduction, the interviewer controlled the interview asking scripted behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you led a team in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Applications Developer Programmer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. in June 2012.

Interview process was two stage. Round 1 was technical, face to face. Round two was a 1 on 1 discussion with a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different ways in which an object can be created?   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate as the salary offered was way more than I expected.

Management Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. in November 2011.

after beginning interview decided kob was not for me,

Collector III Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. in July 2008.

The last time I interviewed was an internal posting. They just asked basic interview questions..."Tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you worked with the situation.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate. You just have to throw a fit over it. You can't be laid back.