Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews. The phone interviews were from recruiters and then one with Branch Manager and the other with District Manager at the branch at the same day. Everyone was very polite and nice. After I got job offer they took 3 weeks to do background check which is too long in my opinion. After that they fixed the start date.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions: - How did you deal with irate customers and all that.   1 Answer

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I worked with a recruiter and was contacted after I applied on Citizen's website. I first had a phone interview and then an in person interview was set up. The whole process went pretty smoothly. The recruiter was very helpful and reached out to me many times to answer any questions that I had.

Float Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Fayetteville, NY).

Interview

I applied online and less than 3 week later I received a call from the branch manager asking if I'd like to come in for an interview. I work a dressy shirt and black pants. The branch manager was super friendly, and made me feel very comfortable. She had a packet of questions she normally would ask, but after a few questions she said she got a good vibe from me. The entire interview lasted less than 20 minutes. After the interview she introduced me to the other workers and told me a recruiter would be in touch with me. Surely enough 1 hour after I got home I received the call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most/least about your current job.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

I applied online and within a week was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke within a few days and at the end of conversation she said that she wanted me to speak with the Regional Manager. We set that interview up and I met with the RM which was a pretty standard yet somewhat dry interview. He then at the end said that he wanted to have me speak with another RM since I was external. The third interview was set for the following week and although she forgot to call me at the scheduled time, she realized later on in the day and gave me a call. It barely lasted 15 minutes. I then received a phone call from someone wanting to set up a interview with the Sales Manager for the state. We determined a time the following week and met for 45 minutes. During that time I never felt like I was able to speak with him and he seemed to be asking many questions about my previous 3 interviews and what that process was like. He barely asked me any leadership or management questions. At the end of the conversation he said someone would let me know by end of week and that he needed to ensure that it was a "fit". I never heard back and am disappointed that it took 4 interviews over the span of 4 weeks to come to this outcome. I also came to learn that they randomly post openings but don't necessarily have them open- Kinda shady?

Interview Questions

• How would you manage someone who was hitting their goals yet you wanted to see more results from them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in July 2015.

Interview

It took a process of 4 weeks and two interviews and the women said that I carried myself well? This felt like an insult because she kept on insisting that I might not work at that location but this was the location I was interviewing for.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (West Bloomfield, MI).

Interview

Was asked a few questions over the phone, and then brought in for an in person interview. Lasted around 30 minutes and the questions were relatively straightforward. My interviewer did a really great job setting up what they were looking for for each question.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you helped a customer with any type of question or discrepancy.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Had two interviews. One with managers and one with the district manager. Similar questions. Friendly people. Recruiter called after the interviews and talked with them. Filed done paper work and accepted the job offer. Had some issues with communication. But other than that everything went smooth.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citizens Bank in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone for about 40 minutes. I was then invited for an in-person interview with my [soon-to-be] manager which lasted roughly one hour, and I went back once more to meet with my boss's boss to discuss the career trajectory for this role. The entire process took about 2 months from the time I applied to when I accepted the job offer.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Smithfield, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews and a 6 hr office interview over 5 weeks. Sounded great over the phone but miserable office interview process. The employees were not engaged during the office interview process. No sign of HR.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Bank (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. Applied online to the locations of my choice, was contacted by my area's recruiter (very friendly) for a phone interview. After, went to a one on one interview in the branch. Accepted the job a few days after. The whole thing was about two weeks, then after another week, began training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for the highest possible pay to begin with