Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Citizens Bank (West Bloomfield, MI).

Interview

Was asked a few questions over the phone, and then brought in for an in person interview. Lasted around 30 minutes and the questions were relatively straightforward. My interviewer did a really great job setting up what they were looking for for each question.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you helped a customer with any type of question or discrepancy.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Had two interviews. One with managers and one with the district manager. Similar questions. Friendly people. Recruiter called after the interviews and talked with them. Filed done paper work and accepted the job offer. Had some issues with communication. But other than that everything went smooth.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities?   1 Answer

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Smithfield, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews and a 6 hr office interview over 5 weeks. Sounded great over the phone but miserable office interview process. The employees were not engaged during the office interview process. No sign of HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. Applied online to the locations of my choice, was contacted by my area's recruiter (very friendly) for a phone interview. After, went to a one on one interview in the branch. Accepted the job a few days after. The whole thing was about two weeks, then after another week, began training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for the highest possible pay to begin with

Teller Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Wyomissing, PA).

Interview

It was very easy to get a job here. I applied online, submitted my resume and because it was a referral I got hired right away. I was interviewed by the lead teller and the branch manager. I was sent for teller training in Hamburg for a few weeks, to go over processes and how to count money and basic teller tasks and how to use the system. Had to run through a workbook of exercises. Drug test, backround check, credit check

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank (North Attleboro, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application throug my school's career website and recieved a phone calle the next day. Following this I scheduled a 1 on 1 interview in bank office at a stop and shop location In North Attelboro MA

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted first by email to set up time for a call. Talked with AVP of Human Resources a few days later. Interview seemed to go well and the next step was for local EVP to contact me to set up in person meeting. No meeting was set up; AVP of HR never responded to my follow up calls/email.

Interview Questions

• Interview mainly focused on an overview of the position and a review of my qualifications to fill the needs of the role.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

Before working for Citizens Bank, I was a patronizing customer. I was recruited by a prior manager who thought I had the qualities to make an impact within the branch I visited continuously. The interview process was taken within two different branches, where I was asked a series of questions involving my current work and educational status.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding why I would be a good fit for this company, and how I could impact the success within the company as well.   1 Answer

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Orange, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

After being recruited by citizens bank, I started the interview process about a month and a half ago. The first interview was with the recruiter over the phone. The second interview was with the regional manager at a bank location. And the final interview is with the bank manager at the specific location you are applying to. The first 2 interviews are more of getting to know you as a candidate and seeing if you are a right fit for the bank. The 3rd interview was a Q and A meaning the manager has a sheet full of questions and you have to answer. I was surprised that every answer I gave came with a follow up of why? When reviewing my experience I came to realize that the manager did not look at my resume before hand and asked questions that didn't relate to my experience. I was also surprised that when the manager was giving information on my role she stated that if a customer does online shopping they should have multiple checking accounts? I was confused about this and when asked to go into more detail I received hostility. Why would you want more accounts. Shouldn't you want more customers, instead of having every customer having multiple accounts.

Interview Questions

• how do you build trust with potential clients.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to overcome something?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be in banking?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for job through referral, had interview with my direct manager and then her manager. Asked the normal interview type questions. Interviews were about 30 minutes each. Found out I had gotten the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • What past experience do you have working with little to no guidance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.