Citizens Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Licensed Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Orange, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

After being recruited by citizens bank, I started the interview process about a month and a half ago. The first interview was with the recruiter over the phone. The second interview was with the regional manager at a bank location. And the final interview is with the bank manager at the specific location you are applying to. The first 2 interviews are more of getting to know you as a candidate and seeing if you are a right fit for the bank. The 3rd interview was a Q and A meaning the manager has a sheet full of questions and you have to answer. I was surprised that every answer I gave came with a follow up of why? When reviewing my experience I came to realize that the manager did not look at my resume before hand and asked questions that didn't relate to my experience. I was also surprised that when the manager was giving information on my role she stated that if a customer does online shopping they should have multiple checking accounts? I was confused about this and when asked to go into more detail I received hostility. Why would you want more accounts. Shouldn't you want more customers, instead of having every customer having multiple accounts.

Interview Questions

• how do you build trust with potential clients.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to overcome something?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be in banking?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for job through referral, had interview with my direct manager and then her manager. Asked the normal interview type questions. Interviews were about 30 minutes each. Found out I had gotten the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • What past experience do you have working with little to no guidance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank.

Interview

The easiest way to get hired is by applying through a staffing agency. The process from application to start date is about one and a half month. The staffing agency will contact and inform you of when to go for your interview at the contact center. My interview was done with two people. One asked the questions and the other took note of what I said. They asked a lot of questions but all of the questions were regular interview questions. No oddball or unexpected questions. Be prepared to give an example of a difficult situation at work.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was giving an example of a challenging experience at my previous employment and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I thought the salary was good.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citizens Bank in October 2014.

Interview

I heard about this position through my University's career connection site. I submitted my resume through the connection site and Citizens site as well. I also had to complete a recorded video interview through Citizen's cite which was comprised of about 7 questions (4 video responses and about 3 multiple choice basic questions). After submitting all the requirements to be chosen for an interview, I was contacted about two weeks after for the first round at my school. The interview was about 30 minutes long and very laid-back. About a week or so later, I received a phone call about making to the second round of interviews and it would be held at the company's headquarters in Smithfield, RI. It was a panel interview comprised of a recent graduate of the program, two internal audit department executives and the recruiter I previously interviewed for the first round. There were a lot of behavioral questions asked and focused many questions on my choice of internal audit. Unfortunately, I was not given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. Typical behavioral/ why internal audit / why citizens   Answer Question

Quality Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Providence, RI) in October 2014.

Interview

My current position is being eliminated and during a follow up call pertaining to another job interview, the hiring manager mentioned the Quality Control Manager Position was becoming available. I search on line and found the position. The hiring manager for the QCM position was involved in the initial interview and felt that a phone interview was appropriate. I interviewed with her and one other manager from her group.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest risks you see facing the current CFG contracts.   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Interview

Phone then face to face. Some interview with regional others with just the branch manager it's an easy process not very hard at all. The the the the the the the the the theyou

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process included three interviews over a 3-4 week period. The interviews were with different bank and regional managers and lasted about an hour each. Not too difficult, just lots of questions about sales experience and comfort level making phone calls. The first interview is a phone interview with a recruiter before going to meet a manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions had to do with previous experience and emphasized on sales.   Answer Question

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Citizens Bank in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had one phone conversation with a recruiter in which we discussed salary, hours, and my resume. Had one in-person interview with the manager of the branch at which I would be working, and another interview a week later with the regional manage of CFG. I was called by a recruiter three days following the interview with the regional manager, and followed up with an offer letter via email. Within in a week from that, I did start up paperwork (all online) and got my fingerprints taken. Overall, the process was very easy and done mostly via email, which was convenient.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job is? Give me an example of what you think your daily tasks would be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on the salary, but only to a certain degree due to my lack of experience in the field.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citizens Bank (Middletown, CT).

Interview

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter 4 weeks after I applied for the job. She was very nice and forwarded my resume to the branch manager. He called me a few days later to set up an interview. After we already had a date selected for the interview, I get an email saying I was not selected and the process was over. Was never contacted by anyone. This company is unprofessional, their recruiters are lazy, and I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What does Citizens suck so much?   1 Answer